For many women, removing makeup is the best part of their day. You spend all day long busy as a bee and looking your best. When it is time to rest and relax in the evening nothing feels better than a clean face. What’s the best makeup remover?
With so many makeup removers on the market, which one do you choose? There are liquid removers, wipes, and a plethora of other types.
Never fear! We scanned Amazon for the latest and greatest makeup removers out there and created this top 10 list for you to mull over.
From big name brands like Neutrogena and Garnier to lesser-known brands such as Camellia, we have a little something for everyone.
Whether you have oily skin or a face as dry as the desert, there is a makeup remover that has been formulated just for you.
The Importance of Removing Your Makeup
We’re all told to remove makeup before heading to bed, but what’s the significance of doing this? Here are some of the most significant reasons to remove your makeup each time you wear it.
Throughout the day, a mixture of dirt and oil lays on your skin’s surface, or on your makeup’s surface if you’re wearing it. But if you don’t properly cleanse your face before bed, this build-up of oil and dirt can clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
Brighten Your Skin
When you leave your makeup on overnight, have you ever noticed how your complexion looks dull the following morning? This is because your foundation and eye makeup lies in your creases and lines. As a result, this can age your skin and even make you look slightly under the weather.
Did you know that your skin renews when you sleep? If you’ve got a barrier of makeup, this will prevent your skin from breathing so that it can’t renew to leave you with a youthful, natural glow.
How To Choose The Right Makeup Removers For You
With so many products and brands on the market, it can be difficult to find the right makeup removers for you. However, here are some easy guides to follow to help refine your search and discover the best products for your needs and budget.
These are becoming one of the most popular types of makeup removers since they’re convenient and easy to use. These disposable clothes are pre-soaked in cleansers for an easy clean. As a result, they’re great for travel because you don’t need to rinse your face afterward.
As makeup remover wipes are becoming more popular than ever, you’ll discover a wide range throughout your search. We suggest searching for wipes suited to your skin type.
Another type of makeup remover is a cleanser. These come in creams and lotions that are easy to apply using only your fingertips. For most cleansers, you don’t need to dampen your face before applying the product. But, you will need to remove the product with water after massaging it into your skin.
These are best-suited for people with sensitive skin since they gently remove makeup without irritating the skin. However, if you like to apply a lot of makeup, you might not find them as effective at removing your makeup.
Consider Your Skin Type
It’s also important that you consider your skin type throughout your search, since everyone’s skin has different needs. If you have oily skin, the last thing you want to do is dehyrate it as your skin will then naturally produce more sebum to make up for this dehydration.
For combination skin, you’ll need a product that has the perfect about of moisture to soothe the dry areas on your face while not causing too much sebum production on the oily parts.
Those with dry skin need to choose a hydrating formula that will nourish your skin. If the product leaves your skin feeling tight and it looks red once you’ve applied it, you should choose a different brand that’s better suited for your skin type.
The Top 10 Best Makeup Removers To Buy
We want your face to feel as fresh as the day you were born when you take your makeup off. You can do this with a high-quality makeup remover that isn’t loaded with harsh chemicals and is the perfect fit for your skin needs.
Check out our top 10 makeup remover list and see which products work for you.
Table of Contents
- The Importance of Removing Your Makeup
- How To Choose The Right Makeup Removers For You
- The Top 10 Best Makeup Removers To Buy
- 10. Neutrogena Cleansing Fragrance-Free
- 9. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water
- 8. Camellia Wonder Oil
- 7. NYX Professional Makeup Remover
- 6. Eye Makeup Remover Wipes by Olay Daily Facials
- 5. L’Oreal Paris Skin Care Revitalift
- 4. Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Remover Pads
- 3. Olay Makeup Remover Wet Cloths
- 2. La Roche-Posay Micellar Cleansing Water
- 1. S & T Always Off Makeup Remover Cloths
- What is the best makeup remover we found?
10. Neutrogena Cleansing Fragrance-Free
For decades, Neutrogena has been a trusted beauty care product.
These wipes are handy as they are pre-moistened and come in a convenient resealable package.
There are no harsh chemicals like fragrance added to these wipes so you can rest assured that your face will be left fresh, clean, and irritation-free.
No need to rinse your face after using these wipes.
- Towelettes are ophthalmologist, dermatologist, and allergy tested
- Safe enough for the gentle eye area and contact lens wearers
- Effectively dissolve stubborn makeup like mascara
- oil=based product; may cause breakouts on some skin
- Some people claim the towelettes aren’t moist enough
A wonderfully simple formula that is gentle on skin and tough on makeup.
This product is a facial cleanser that soothes and refreshes the skin while gently removing even the most stubborn waterproof makeup in one easy step.
Not only does this product remove makeup but it also strips away dirt, excess oil, and impurities from the skin.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Free of parabens, fragrance, sulfates, and silicone
- No-rinse formula
- Requires cotton balls, pads, or a tissue for application
- Contains hexylene glycol
8. Camellia Wonder Oil
This makeup remover is a 5-in-1 skincare oil that is perfect for all skin types. It is free of harsh chemicals like alcohol and dyes.
The fragrance in Camellia Wonder Oil comes from all natural sources.
This product is never tested on animals, is vegan, gluten-free, and made in the USA.
You can even use this makeup remover as a massage oil!
- Multi-use oil
- All natural ingredients
- Pleasent scent
- Will burn in products gets into eyes
- External use only
7. NYX Professional Makeup Remover
This delightful makeup remover is a targeted formula for the eyes and lips.
It is infused with rice, soy, orange, and papaya extracts to hydrate and conditions the skin.
Oil with water emulsion removes even the toughest waterproof makeup.
Rest assured that this product is formulated to be extra gentle so it is suitable for all skin types.
- High-grade solution
- Gently removes tough makeup
- Infused with healing oils
- Lips need to be rinsed after using this product as they will taste bad
- Some reviewers claim the product leaves a white ring around their eyes
6. Eye Makeup Remover Wipes by Olay Daily Facials
Olay is a trusted name in beauty products because it delivers those epic results you are looking for.
These eye makeup remover wipes are water activated and cleanse like a spa facial.
The wipes are textured to remove makeup and dirt from the face and are 2x more effective than basic cleansing.
You’ll love how these cloths hydrate and exfoliate skin and leave you with a touchably smooth texture.
- Soap-free formula
- Dermatologist tested
- Removes dirt, makeup, and even waterproof mascara
- Only for normal skin types
- Need to add water to activate
5. L’Oreal Paris Skin Care Revitalift
L’Oreal Paris is known for their high-quality beauty care products and these wipes are no exception to the rule.
In addition to removing makeup, these wipes also cleanse and smooth the face by using the anti-aging Revitalift formula.
In this listing, you get 3 packs of 30-count wipes.
The wipes are convenient and easy to take with you while traveling or on the go.
Makeup remover wipes are formulated with Vitamin E and gently exfoliate dead skin cells to leave skin looking fresh, clean and radiant.
- Free from drying alcohols
- Suitable for all skin types
- Dermatologist tested for gentleness
- If the package is not resealed properly the wipes will dry out
- Some reviewers say that the product is great for cleansing the skin but does not tackle stubborn makeup very well
4. Simple Kind to Eyes Eye Makeup Remover Pads
Simple Eye Makeup Remover pads not only work well on your eyes but your entire face. You will be left with a fresh face and no traces of residue or dirt.
Watch stubborn makeup like eyeliner and mascara melt away with just one wipe.
These wipes contain pro-vitamin B5 and vitamin E to smooth skin and improve texture.
- Made with skin loving ingredients like triple purified water
- Free from artificial perfumes and dyes and any other chemicals that can upset your skin
- Contains skin-nourishing vitamins
- Will sting and burn if gotten into eyes
- A little on the pricey side
3. Olay Makeup Remover Wet Cloths
Olay has formulated a simple makeup remover wet cloth for the woman on the go.
These cloths come premoistened and ready to tackle your toughest makeup such as mascara and eyeliner.
These cloths leave your skin feeling fresh and free of makeup.
Even if you are wearing waterproof products these wipes will get rid of any trace in just one easy step.
This formula contains the essence of honeysuckle and white tea.
- Wipes leave no greasy or oily residue on skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Dermatologist tested and non-comedogenic
- A little pricey
- Contains fragrance
2. La Roche-Posay Micellar Cleansing Water
This fabulous no-rinse makeup remover also works as a facial cleanser. Take pride in knowing that the LAROCHE POSAY brand has been dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.
Use this multi-purpose makeup remover on a daily basis to cleanse and purify skin.
Did you know that this gentle oil-free micellar water removes 99% of long-wearing foundation?
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Skin feels hydrated and refreshed after use
- Remove pollution from the skin
- On the pricey side
- Packaging may vary
1. S & T Always Off Makeup Remover Cloths
S & T Always Off Makeup Remover Cloths are the perfect way to take charge of your makeup removing routine.
You can use these plush microfiber cloths with your favorite makeup remover or with plain water. The textured material gently lifts away dirt, oil, and makeup.
Your skin will feel softer and cleaner than if you used just a basic makeup remover alone.
These reusable cloths are durable and machine washable.
Get a pack of 3 cloths.
- Eliminates the need for disposable cloths which saves you time and money
- Leaves skin clean and smooth
- Can be used with soap, water, or your favorite makeup remover solution
- Requires you to wash them for reuse
- Can become stained
What is the best makeup remover we found?
Finding the right makeup remover can be quite a chore, especially if you have a difficult skin type. You want your face to look and feel fresh after you wash away the day’s makeup. So how can you be sure the makeup remover you choose will do that?
By going through our top 10 list of makeup removers. We are certain that by now you have made your selection of the makeup remover or removers that will work best for you by reading through our list of pros and cons.
We really love the different pre-moistened wipes by Olay and Neutrogena. These companies are known for their effective, high-quality formulas that work and are convenient.
Some of the products we listed are made especially for removing eye makeup but the plus side of these products is that they can be used on the entire face, too.
So, which product was our favorite?
It was hard to narrow it down to just one but we felt that S & T Always Off Makeup Remover Cloths should take the torch.
We love these clothes because they are reusable, washable, and you can use them with virtually any makeup remover out there. We recommend you purchase these cloths along with one of the micellar waters listed above for a fresh and smooth clean.