You have to admire the best Korean skin care products available today. When you think of Korean culture, you probably think about K-Pop groups BTS or BlackPink. Or perhaps the Korean drama series that you see on Netflix. Or even the distinctive fashion styles they promote.
However, it is the best Korean skin care products that are silently invading Amerian homes. It's a growing market that amounted to $$$$ million in 2015. Worldwide, there were more than $13.1 billion of K-Beauty products sold.
Why Choose the Best Korean Skin Care Products to Restore Your Skin's Health
CNN provided a look at why K-Beauty products are very much in demand. And here's what they found.
The best Korean skin care products come from an industry that benefits from years of experience. These are often manufactured by top companies that are not afraid to spend on research and development. Korean women are very into these products, and they are willing to be the first to test new formulations and new ingredients.
As such, the K-Beauty industry has made a lot of innovations, such as using aloe vera in place of water to make more nourishing products. Or using fermented plant extracts that are more easily absorbed and safer for the skin. The packaging is cute, too.
More than the fact that it works and has been proven to help rejuvenate your skin and make it healthier, the best Korean skin care products also offer a pleasant experience. These products allow you to pamper yourself even when you're about to go to bed or after stepping out of the shower. It also provides you with the ultimate me-time.
What Are the Processes Involved in Restoring Damaged Skin?
Bringing your skin back to health involves six different processes. You need to enhance, correct, stimulate, and moisturize your skin. You also need to avoid getting your skin damaged in the first place. Lastly, you need to maintain a skin care regimen to ensure a continuously healthy complexion.
Enhancing your skin involves cleaning and toning. You also need to make sure that you maintain your skin's normal pH.
Further, you will have to correct problem areas such as rough patches and abnormal pigmentation. Then you will need to restore your skin's elasticity by either encouraging your skin to produce collagen or sloughing off dead skin cells.
Also, you will need to moisturize and hydrate your skin as this process will help it bounce back quickly. You will need to use sunscreen to prevent damage as well.
Lastly, once your skin is already back to its healthy state, you will want to have a long-term skincare routine to keep it that way.
The Best Korean Skin Care Products to Get That Healthy and Glowing Complexion Back
Looking at these processes, here are the best Korean skin care products for restoring your skin's health.
The best Korean skin care products for cleansing your skin
Every good skin care regimen should start with a good cleaning. These products not only leave your skin dirt free, but they also prepare and condition your skin to absorb all the other formulas you put on it.
1. KLAIRS Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil
- The Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil is a mild cleansing oil composed of various vegetable oils helpful for...
- Black Bean Oil, Black Sesame Oil, Black Currant Seed Oil
- Control Sebum, Pore cleanse, Sensitive Skin
KLAIRS Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil contains black bean, black currant, and black sesame oil that regulate sebum production while also making your skin more elastic. It leaves a soothing effect on your skin as it helps it avoid dehydration and skin aging.
This product also makes your skin's protective layer stronger, making it more efficient in sealing in moisture. It works excellently even when you have sensitive skin.
2. MISSHA Time Revolution Clear Toner
- LET'S START WITH THE BEST EVERY DAY! Use the Clear Toner right after cleansing to hydrate your skin and wipe off...
- SKIN BENEFITS: Purify and remove dead skin cells with AHA. Soften and Renew with BHA. Hydrate and brighten with...
- SOOTHES AND PURIFIES: Creates smoother and softer skin. The mild formula gives a gentle and refreshing exfoliating care.
The MISSHA Time Revolution Clear Toner has AHA, BHA, and fermented yeast extract that clears away dead skin cells to renew and soften your skin. It also hydrates and brightens it. After cleansing your skin, use this product to condition your skin.
This product tightens pores and gets rid of impurities. It makes your face glow without looking greasy or oily, while also making your pores less visible.
The best Korean skin care products to deal with problem areas
Dull skin? Rough patches? Discoloration? Help is on the way!
3. Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45
No products found.
The Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 is a cult favorite BB cream that comes in three shades, making it an effective concealer for a great looking complexion. It also has anti-aging and sun protection properties in one package.
You will like its all-day coverage without looking like you swam in an oil slick. However, some users might find this Dr. Jart+ BB cream quite heavy on the skin.
4. BB Glow Treatment Ampoule Serum
No products found.
The Wish Formula I’m Pro Ampoule Pad contains vitamin C to brighten and clarify your skin. It has organic extracts that can soothe tired skin. If you do not have time for a 20-minute sheet mask, then this product is for you.
This Wish Formula Pad will give your skin a bright glow without the hassles and the time needed with a regular treatment mask. You can use it anywhere, giving you the chance to moisturize skin even when you're not home.
The best Korean skin care products to restore your skin's elasticity
Firming, brightening, and smoothing your skin is the next step in rebuilding its health. These are the products you should try.
5. Matrigen MesoBB Brightening Ampoule
No products found.
The Eco Your Skin Meso Ampoule fights photoaging while encouraging your skin to regenerate. It has a slight sting that helps to deliver the peptides and the vitamins into the innermost layers of your skin.
If you follow a skin care regimen like the Korean 10-step program, you might want to use this ampoule as the last step because it helps your skin absorb everything better. Not only that, but this product also facilitates skin renewal and helps to fade scars.
Verified buyers are saying that they do notice that other skin care products work better when used with this ampoule.
6. Korean Skin Care K Beauty
- ✅ THIS KOREAN SKIN CARE VITAMIN C serum contains the same potent, active ingredients as the $160 Skinceuticals CE...
- ✅ GUARANTEED TO WORK - WE PROMISE you'll begin to see results with this K beauty product within 3 weeks when used...
- ✅ POTENT ANTI AGING, ANTI WRINKLE serum is proven to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines & crows feet
A product that brightens dark spots, firms up your skin, and gives it an intense dose of hydration? You can get all that from the Miwaji Hyalu Serum Veil.
Verified buyers swear by how moisturized and smooth their skin feels after using this product. Even those with sensitive skin love it.
The best Korean skin care products to moisturize your skin
Dry skin makes you look older. Stop the flaking with these highly recommended moisturizers.
7. Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask
- 1. GreenTea 2. Cucumber 3. Bamboo 4. Aloe 5. Manuka honey 6. Kiwi 7. Shea butter 8. Acai Berry(New)
- 9. Pomegranate 10. Black berry 11. Tea tree 12. Bija 13. Lime 14. Strawberry 15. Rose 16. Rice
- 20ml / 0.7 oz. * 16 Sheets
Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask improves your skin's moisture levels. It has a three-layer sheet that ensures the essence stay on your face rather than evaporating into the air, giving it time to absorb everything.
It comes in 16 varieties, including some of the best ingredients in skin care. You can choose from green tea, cucumber, aloe, pomegranate, and acai berry, among others.
8. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
The Laneige Water Sleeping Mask rehydrates your skin while you sleep. It uses the company's various technologies and blends to help moisturize, calm, and protect your skin.
What's more, it has a mix of fragrances including sandalwood, rose, and evening primrose. These ingredients help you sleep better while also purifying and brightening your skin.
Prevention and maintenance
Protect your skin from damage or from being exposed to the harsh sunlight. When your skin is back to its healthy state, you should also maintain its renewed glow.
9. Neogen Dermalogy Day-Light Protection Sun Screen SPF 50 PA+++
- Absorbent yet hydrating sunscreen: A light-weight, hydrating sunscreen instantly absorbs into skin without leaving white...
- Sunscreen offers an intensive protection against harmful UVA/UVB rays
- It protects your skin from high UV rays and outer environment while soothing damaged skin to achieve a healthy and...
Your skin needs protection from the sun without it looking dull and without you looking like you're ready to hit the beach. The Neogen Dermalogy Day-Light Protection Sun Screen SPF 50 PA+++ is a lightweight and fast-absorbing skin nourisher that has sun protection and anti-aging properties.
10. Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum
- Formulated with Korean medicinal herbs, this essential regimen boosting serum assures optimal skin care results,...
- Absorbing instantly and deep within the skin, this serum leaves the skin soft, smooth and supple, prepares skin to...
- Membranous Milkvetch promotes natural skin circulation and Dwarf Lilyturf and Licorice boost synergy among herbal...
The Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum uses a unique blend of Korean medicinal herbs that help you get the most out of your skin care routines. It balances your skin's pH and replenishes the essential nutrients while locking in moisture.
This product absorbs instantly and deeply into your skin. It leaves your skin supple, soft, and smooth. Using this along with the other best Korean skin care products will help boost the effectiveness of each.
The Lowdown: The Best Korean Skin Care Products Work
With their unique blends, formulas, and the best ingredients, coupled with the pampering experience you have when you use the best Korean skin care products, it is easy to see why women (and men!) all over the world love them so much.
What's more, these products work very well, as evidenced by the recommendations of both credible bloggers and online publications, as well as the reviews left on their sales pages. If you need more reasons to buy, then here's a bonus: these products can also be used if you want to try out the widely popular 10-step Korean skin care regimen.
Do you have your own picks for the best Korean skin care products? Tell us about them in the comments!
Featured Image via Pexels