A bike helmet, for parents, is necessary to make sure our kids stay safe while riding bikes, skateboards, roller blades, etc. A bike helmet can help our kids avoid head injuries that can be sometimes life threatening.
Our kids may not like them so much. It may not be regarded as trendy by their peers. The bike helmets on our list will definitely change your child’s mind and they will want to wear one of these.
Here are the top 10 best kids bike helmets in 2019 that your kids are sure to love.
Table of Contents
- 10. Bell Toddler Zoomer Bike Helmet
- 9. Schwinn Girl’s Thrasher Microshell Helmet
- 8. Schwinn Thrasher Youth Bike Helmet
- 7. Bell Frozen Child Bike Helmet
- 6. Bell Child Rex Bike Helmet
- 5. Giro Scamp Bike Helmet
- 4. Bell Fraction Multi-Sport Helmet
- 3. Schwinn Child Thrasher Microshell Helmet
- 2. Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
- 1. Razor V-17 Child Multi-sport Helmet
- Which Kids Bike Helmet Should You Buy?
10. Bell Toddler Zoomer Bike Helmet
This bike helmet comes in a variety of colors and designs for both boys and girls. Perfect fit for a smaller head, anywhere between 48 and 52 cm around. The extension on the bike helmet adds some extra protection for the back of your child’s head.
It is self adjustable for a perfect fit, the buckle is meant for a no pinches, and it is well vented to keep cool on hot days.
- The price is just right. Under $20.
- Free shipping on orders $25 and over.
- Great colors and designs that any kids will love. 6 designs to chose from.
- Smaller fitting. May not fit a toddler with a larger head.
9. Schwinn Girl’s Thrasher Microshell Helmet
Your little girl will just fall in love with this bike helmet. It comes in the cutest, girly design and is 100% adjustable for small and large sized heads.
This bike helmet is padded for the most comfortable fit. There are also 20 vents in this helmet to keep them nice and cool on those hot, sticky days.
- Extremely lightweight so it is comfortable to wear.
- Fits most girls between a broad range of ages.
- Priced better than a department store. Just under $20.
- One beautiful design to select from
8. Schwinn Thrasher Youth Bike Helmet
Great bike helmet for any little boy. It is completely adjustable for a variety of sizes and ages. Light weight and straps are very comfortable for children.
Well ventilated bike helmet and padded for the most comfortable fit. You can’t go wrong with this one to prevent your child or any child from getting a head injury.
- Grows with child. Completely adjustable and will fit well for many years.
- Nice and sleek look to this bike helmet.
- Very durable and made well.
- Higher priced at just under $25, but is made by a reputable brand.
7. Bell Frozen Child Bike Helmet
If your child loves the movie Frozen, then they will love this Frozen bike helmet. There are three different styles to chose from and it is completely adjustable to fit any child aged 5 years to 8 years.
The front visor helps keep the sun out of their eyes and the back includes reflectors to increase visibility by others. The buckle is made to be pinch free for added comfort.
- Tru fit system helps provide a perfect fit every time.
- Great design and colors.
- Great price and free shipping available.
- Frozen themed. Your child will not want to take it off.
6. Bell Child Rex Bike Helmet
Any child will love this bike helmet with its cool design and Tru Fit technology which makes it pretty comfortable to wear too.
The Bell Rex bike helmet has 16 vents total to keep the rider cool and reflectors to improve their visibility to others on the road. A cool extended vision offers protection to their eyes from the sun.
- Perfect fit everytime.
- Lightweight, so it’s not uncomfortable for your little rider.
- Affordable. Priced better than your local department.
- Only a few reviews to read, but those few were happy with their purchase.
5. Giro Scamp Bike Helmet
This bike helmet is inspired by the adults’ Montaro MIPS / Montara MIPS helmet with all of its safety features. The helmet is also made to grow with your child and last for years to come.
The no pinch system ensures even your child can put this bike helmet on with no issues. This one comes in 9 different colors and designs, there is no way your child won’t fall in love with it.
- Comes in colors that will please both boys and girls.
- The no pinch system makes the bike helmet comfortable for children.
- This helmet is built around safety and less about being nice looking.
- Worried about not grabbing mine fast enough, as this helmet has about a perfect 5 star rating.
4. Bell Fraction Multi-Sport Helmet
This bike helmet by Bell comes in 5 different color choices to choose from for both boys and girls. The Tru Fit technology is amazing and allows foe a one step adjustment for the perfect fit on any child between the ages of 8 and 14 years.
This one has 16 vents to keep their heads nice and cool on the hottest of days. Pinch free buckling to avoid getting pinched while simply putting on the helmet. Ships anywhere within the US.
- Pinch free. This solves any problems with pinches when trying to put the helmet on. The last thing a child wants to do is put a device that pinches and hurts them. This solves that problem, so your child will want to wear it.
- Great ventilation. This bike helmet will not make their heada extra hot and sweaty.
- Priced great at under $18.
- International shipping unavailable right now.
3. Schwinn Child Thrasher Microshell Helmet
This bike helmet is suited for all types of activities from bike riding to roller blading and even skate boarding. There are three different sizes and a few colors and designs to chose from with this helmet.
Constructed from the highest quality materials for the best safety standards for your child. The bike helmet has 12 vents to keep their head nice and cool by allowing cool air in and releasing hot air out. This product includes a one year warranty.
- Made from very durable materials. An ABS hard plastic shell and a dual densiry EPS liner.
- Used for the toughest sports from dirt biking to skateboarding.
- Backed by a one year warranty.
- Priced higher than some of the other bike helmets on the list, but customer reviews indicate it is a great product that lasts a long time.
2. Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
This bike helmet focuses on comfort while providing safety to your child’s fragile head. It is completely adjustable for small and larger heads.
This bike helmet is well ventilated to keep their head nice and cool on any day. It also features a removable visor to block the sun and heat sealed pads doe added comfort and durability.
- Very stylish design and sleek looking.
- Very affordable at only $15.
- Fits most everyone from ages 3 years to 14 years and up.
- Your child may like this bike helmet so much they won’t want to take it off.
1. Razor V-17 Child Multi-sport Helmet
This bike helmet can be used for bike riding, skating, skate boarding and much more. It comes in many different colors, both with a matted finish or a glossy shine, for both boys and girls.
This bike helmet is for boys and girls ages 8 to 14 years old and is completely adjustable. Ergonomic padding inside the bike helmet for added comfort and security. This bike helmet also features 17 vents for comfort from heat on hot days.
- This bike helmet comes in 11 different colors and designs. They are all nice looking.
- The info includes a manufacterers website address and a phone number for support after purchasing.
- Free shipping on orders $25 and over.
- So many colors to choose from, it is difficult to choose which one to buy. I want them all.
Which Kids Bike Helmet Should You Buy?
A bike helmet is an extremely important accessory for any riding activity such as bike riding and skating. The trick to getting your child to wear one is getting these that have a great design they will love and want to wear all the time.
All of these bike helmets on this list are made to protect your child from getting any head injury that can be life threatening. It is important to purchase a bike helmet that will fit your child properly and can protect them from getting hurt.
All of these bike helmets on this list are great options and recommended for you and your child. Go check them out before they sell out.