Are you one of the millions of consumers in the world that has been spoiled by the convenience and quality modern technology has been providing us in the 21st century?
It seems as though technology has touched just about any consumer product you can think of and Infrared Thermometers are no exception. Advancement on these convenient tools over the last decade have improved the lives of cooks, hvac professionals, auto mechanics, electricians and even parents.
When your cooking the temperature of your ovens, foods and other cooking surfaces may be the difference between a delicious meal or an overcooked disaster.
HVAC pro’s need dependable measurements for troubleshooting, installing and calibrating refrigeration temps or need to be at a safe distance when measuring heat temps. These are just a couple of examples of how nice it is to have a dependable tool take away the guesswork for you.
Plus the additional benefit of being able to measure any surface temperature without contacting allows the user to avoid touching hot surfaces or contamination of foods, beverages, etc..
So here’s our top 10 best infrared thermometers in 2019 after reviewing a ton of Infrared Thermometers and after reading through all the details, benefits and features on the list, we’ll provide you with our number one pick and why we think it’s the cream of this crop.
Table of Contents
- 10. MeasuPro Laser Infared Digital Instant Read Thermometer
- 9. Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer
- 8. GoerTek Digital Infrared Thermometer
- 7. Etekcity Lasergrip 630 Dual Laser Digital Infrared Thermometer
- 6. Nubee 8380H Non-contact Infrared Thermometer
- 5. Nubee Temperature Gun Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared IR Thermometer
- 4. Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Infrared Thermometer
- 3. Raytek MT4 Mini Temp Non-Contact Thermometer
- 2. Fluke 62 MAX IR Thermometer
- 1. Etekcity Lasergrip Digital Infrared Thermometer
- Which Infrared Thermometer Should You Buy?
10. MeasuPro Laser Infared Digital Instant Read Thermometer
This thermometer has a lot of good features for a tool under $20. You have the option of digital temp readouts in Celsius or Fahrenheit plus a laser that seeks out hot spots.
A battery saver that with auto shut off after 7 seconds of use. If your using this in a commercial kitchen or food processing establishment it has non contact food safety measurement requirements of the FDA ranging from -58F to 716F.
The laser also enables you to identify exactly what area of the surface temperature is being measured for with a distance to spot size of 12:1.
- Laser aiming for accurate reading of a specific area on the target
- Easy to grip and hold with a no sweat handle
- Auto shut off
- Hold button to lock in readings
- What We Didn’t Like About The MeasuPro Laser Infrared Digital Instant Read Thermometer
- You need to hit the laser at just the right angle to get a perfect reading
- The battery life of the batter it is provided with is not that long and it will need replaced pretty fast
9. Etekcity Lasergrip 774 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer
Here’s a durable little hand unit that has UV paint coating that prevents scratches and damages for dropping or normal every day on the job wear and tear. This unit also features a very easy to read backlit digital display and convenient offset buttons for simple operation.
Measure surface temperatures ranging from -58F to 716F. The low battery indicator light will prevent you from unexpectedly running out of power and the 12:1 distance to spot ratio allows the user to be at a good distance when measuring temps.
- Very light and versatile piece of equipment
- Easy to read display with battery saver
- A bargain at $15
- It can not be used to measure human body temps or water temps
- The farther away you are from an object the less accurate the laser can become depending on the surface
8. GoerTek Digital Infrared Thermometer
A plastic housed very lightweight thermometer that is good for home use and convenience. It has an on/off backlit display that can be turned on in poor lighting conditions and remain off to save battery power when not needed.
Easily switch temperature reading from Celsius to Fahrenheit as needed. Simply aim and read any surface temperature without contacting or contaminating. This unit uses very little energy and runs on AAA size batteries vs the typical 9V battery other devices use.
- Lightweight and simple to handle
- Accurate at a good distance of up to 12 feet for hard to reach places or extremely hot surfaces
- AAA batteries are included
- Plastic construction not that durable so this is not a good unit for heavy duty work areas
- The beep indicator when using can be a little louder than it needs to be, gets annoying when using a lot
7. Etekcity Lasergrip 630 Dual Laser Digital Infrared Thermometer
You get a few more bells and whistles with this unit for just a few more dollars but still spending under $30 for a pretty advanced infrared thermometer. A little more accuracy and distance with a distance to spot ratio of 16:1 gives you even more room to work with.
It also has the ability to adjust emissivity for more accuracy depending on different surface types. A guide explaining how to adjust the emissivity comes with it for easy understanding.
Dual lasers are another nice feature of this solid, well built tool, they ensure a more precise measurement of the surface area you want to measure by indicating the ideal measuring distance for you on the easy to read backlit LCD readout screen.
- Dual laser reading so you know the correct distance to read that particular surface
- 16:1 DSR ratio for more room to measure
- Built very well and very durable for longevity
- Can’t turn off the operational beeping indicator, can be annoying
- For the price a carrying case would be nice
6. Nubee 8380H Non-contact Infrared Thermometer
Extremely affordable unit at under $20 and we really liked the well lit blue background with LCD readout for those with vision problems or that would be using the device in a poorly lit area this is a great tool.
The Distant to Spot ratio is 12:1 with an accuracy range of +1-2% depending on the temperature range you are reading. Adjustable emissivity from 0.1 to 1.0 and an accurate laser target pointer selection.
The low battery indicator is a nice feature combined with the auto shut off for minimal energy waste.
- Fast and accurate readings
- Lightweight body is easy to handle and store
- Very well lit and easy to read display
- Not intended for heavy duty workloads since it is lightweight it could damage easily
- It’s plastic casing is not very heavy
5. Nubee Temperature Gun Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared IR Thermometer
This unit comes in for the lowest price of all our top 10 selections and features pretty much the same functions as any of the infrared thermometers on this list. Backlit LED digital readout screen, temperature read out range of 58F to 716F with auto shut off and low battery indicator that is lightweight, easy to handle and store.
- Very inexpensive under $10
- Accurate laser pointed surface reading
- Auto shut off and low battery alert
- Reading distance for this unit is not as other units
- Digital readout can be slow
4. Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Infrared Thermometer
One of our favorites at a bargain of under $20. This hand held gun has a temperature range higher than most laser thermometers at 1022F so is the ideal choice if you are measuring surfaces with temperatures above 700F.
A durably built unit that can handle rugged work conditions, you don’t need to worry about a short range drop or hitting the gun up against something, it can take it.
- Built with a durable strong exterior finish
- Good distance readout
- Extra high temperature reading ability up to 1022F
- Does not have the ability to lock the readout on the screen so you need to read and log temps within 15 seconds
- Laser accuracy has to be at a direct contact, it will be inaccurate when pointed from angles
3. Raytek MT4 Mini Temp Non-Contact Thermometer
A bit more expensive than the other units but this gun is very accurate and has a sleek very easy to handle more compact design making this tool one of the easiest to hold and use on this list.
All the standard features of a typical infrared thermometer but built very small and durable.
- Great looking and easy to handle design
- Very accurate
- Sleek design allows user to get into smaller spaces for temperature measurement
- Distance reading is less than most at 8 inches
- A bit pricey
2. Fluke 62 MAX IR Thermometer
The highest price unit of all the thermometers reviewed but probably one of the most well built as well. Plus an increased max temp read ability of 932F and an above average distance to spot ratio of 10:1.
This unit is built for everyday professional use. Splash and dust resistant for work environments. Easily clips to your tool belt.
- Built for professional use
- Clips to your tool belt
- Higher max temperature readout than most
- Not intended for convenient home use
- Trigger can be a little tight and hard to hold in if you are doing a lot of temp checks
1. Etekcity Lasergrip Digital Infrared Thermometer
A great tool for the money. Not only does this unit measure from up to 16 inches it also has a max temp reading of 1382F, the highest of all thermometers reviewed.
Built for tough commercial use and has every feature and benefit you need from the hand held gun style units. A great bargain at $25.
- Amazing tool for the money
- Longer distance range reading than most
- Very high max temp readout of 1382F
- Can be inaccurate in very cold weather conditions
- Some non smooth surface areas can cause temperature readout to flicker up and down
Which Infrared Thermometer Should You Buy?
We feel that these 10 infrared thermometers are all of high quality and gives you a wide variety to choose from. We do have to give you are favorite and that would be number one, the Etekcity Lasergrip Digital Infrared Thermometer is the best tool at the best price.
With extended ranges for temperature and distance, two of the key elements of a good infrared thermometer, at this price it makes this gun very hard to beat. You can find more details and information about this unit here.