With hundreds of different hair care brands available in today’s market, information overload can have you feeling a little overwhelmed. It’s hard to trust your hair to something you’ve never tried before, but the following list can help with that.
The hair care solutions listed here cover a wide range of hair issues, and every one of them has one thing in common, they all work to leave you with a healthy head of hair you wont want to hide under a hat.
Buying the right shampoo for your particular wants or needs gets a lot easier when it comes from a list of products already tested and approved by the toughest customer there is, someone just like you.
Everyone’s hair isn’t the same, and solutions to individual problems aren’t going to be the same either. Modern hair care is a science to be used to your advantage.
You already know what your hair care issues are, all you need to do now is choose the right product for you.
Hopefully, this list will make your choice easier and you’ll soon have that glossy, manageable hair you’ve always wanted. Bad hair days may have been a problem in your past, but they certainly don’t have to be a part of your future.
Check out my reviews of the top 10 best hair shampoos in 2018 that you should consider using for healthy hair.
Table of Contents
- 10. Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Original Formula
- 9. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Condition Set
- 8. Biolage ColorLast Shampoo and Conditioner Liter Duo
- 7. DevaCurl Original DUO
- 6. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Strong Conditioning Treatment
- 5. Pantene Pro-V Anti-Frizz Curl Creme 5.1 Fl Oz
- 4. LT Organics Argan Oil Shampoo
- 3. PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Loss Premium Organic Argan Oil Shampoo
- 2. Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- 1. PURA D’OR Hair Loss Prevention Premium Organic Argan Oil Shampoo
- Which Hair Shampoo Should You Buy?
10. Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Original Formula
Neutrogena’s T/Gel is the one you’ll want for instant relief that lasts. Dermatologists recommend this product for its ability to relieve itchy, flaking chronic scalp conditions caused by psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, or simple dandruff.
T/Gel is considered complete therapy for your scalp, and its formula is kind to your hair. You can use it everyday if you choose, and not only will it help relieve your symptoms, it will also leave your hair clean, vibrant, and manageable.
- T/Gel is not recommended for continuous use without a Doctor’s advice, and once applied, it may increase your sensitivity to sunlight for 24 hours.
- It isn’t common, but this product has been known to cause discoloration of gray, bleached, tinted, or blond hair.
9. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Condition Set
Pureology uses the science of nano technology to infuse their Hydrate shampoo and conditioner products with what you need for good moisturizing. It puts a healthy shine in your hair, promotes detangling, and also helps to maintain color retention.
This award winning product gently cleans and conditions even the driest, most damaged hair, leaving it feeling alive with health. The fragrance is very appealing as well, and offers aroma therapy with every use.
- A few people with chemical sensitivities may experience a dry itchy scalp after use, and possibly body rashes as well.
- This is not a common occurrence but if it should happen to you, discontinue use and consult your physician for other options.
8. Biolage ColorLast Shampoo and Conditioner Liter Duo
Of all the products Matrix carries, their Biolage shampoo and conditioner set with its colorlast feature offers all the help you need to defend your hair against dryness. It promotes a heathy balance of moisture, and also works to smooth out hair surfaces.
After use your hair will have a glowing, healthier look to it, and color treated hair will look better for a longer period of time.
- Everyone may not experience the same results using this product. A few have even experienced dry hair problems after use but this is a rare occurrence.
- The chemicals in Biolage that help it do its job affect different people in different ways and some may feel the risk of “straw hair” isn’t worth taking.
7. DevaCurl Original DUO
DevaCurl has magic trapped in a bottle with this Original DUO product. Working together, the No-Poo Shampoo and Conditioner gently cleanses hair while stimulating your scalp at the same time.
Anyone suffering from dry hair will especially appreciate the healthier look and feel their hair will have after just one use. Even badly dehydrated hair has a chance with this product. For extra conditioning, just wrap your hair in a cap or towel, and leave DevaCurl’s Original DUO on for 30 minutes.
- Complaints are few and far between with this product, but there have been a few.
- Not all hair is created equally and some users have expressed their dissatisfaction with the way certain hair types tend to either go limp, or frizz out of control.
6. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Strong Conditioning Treatment
The “3 Minute Miracle” is an appropriate name for Aussie’s Strong Conditioning Treatment. 3 minutes, once a week is all it takes to protect your hair from damage. This product puts life back in your hair while greatly improving it strength.
Strong hair is beautiful hair, and you’ll notice that even the most complicated style holds up much better after beginning use of this product. Not only will your hair be better protected, the luscious, citrusy smell of the 3 Minute Miracle makes it a treat for your nose as well.
- There have been complaints that this conditioning treatment is hard to rinse completely, but considering the benefits, this is a minor issue.
- Others have left negative comments regarding the price for an 8oz bottle, but again, well worth it to achieve your hair goals.
5. Pantene Pro-V Anti-Frizz Curl Creme 5.1 Fl Oz
Fighting the battle of the “frizz” is not fun but thankfully, Pantene can you help you win with their Pro-V Anti-Frizz creme. Your hair has a fighting chance for smoother hair all day long in spite of any humidity.
Every hair is protected by this awesome creme, and the end result is impressive. The Pro-vitamins in Pantene’s formula are food your hair needs to be stronger, healthier, and more resistant to damage. Flyaway, frizzy hair is not a problem when you treat yourself to Pantene in the shower.
- This creme has received few complaints but comments have been made that it tends to straighten natural curl, and actually does very little for the “frizzies” in humid weather.
4. LT Organics Argan Oil Shampoo
LT Organics has a winner with their Argan Oil Shampoo. Unique among shampoo’s, this product delivers on its promises. It will make your hair smoother, and stronger, with much more resistance to frizzing or breakage.
By helping improve the general health of your hair, it promotes new growth, and is also safe for color treated hair. LT Organics knows the quality of their own product and gladly offer your money back if you aren’t happy with it. All they ask is you give it an honest try, and after 120 days, if you are not satisfied, they will make it right.
- Complaints were received on the following two issues
- Some hair types do tend to tangle more easily using this product, and fine hair tends to become “flyaway,” and difficult to manage.
3. PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Loss Premium Organic Argan Oil Shampoo
This organic shampoo has been confirmed through clinical trials to help with scalp, and thinning hair issues. DHT (the hormone responsible for thinning hair) is blocked by the PURA D’OR formula, and your hair is well supplied with the nutrients it needs to thrive.
There are no harmful chemicals in this shampoo because it doesn’t need them to do its job. It’s gentle enough for daily use, and you should begin to notice positive results immediately.
- The lathering of this shampoo is very low-key, and for people used to lots of suds, that is a disappointment.
- Some have reported no change in areas of thinning hair (bare spots on the scalp) after months of use. However, depending on their personal rate of hair growth, that could be normal for them.
2. Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Salon tested for gentleness, this Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is a must have for anyone who suffers from an itchy, flaky scalp. Enjoy its thick, luxurious lather twice a week to control your dandruff, and avoid those embarrassing flakes.
Chemically processed, color treated and gray hair are all safe with this shampoo. Try it out, and enjoy a flake free, itch free hair day. This product was designed to fight dandruff, and it does exactly that.
- Though it performs wonderfully, this shampoo may not be for everybody. If your scalp is irritated in any way, it could make matters worse.
- In some cases, rashes have appeared and at this point, you should contact your doctor for advice on whether to keep using it or not.
1. PURA D’OR Hair Loss Prevention Premium Organic Argan Oil Shampoo
Here’s a shampoo with a formula specifically designed to help prevent hair loss through a combination of science working with nature. A blend of biotin, niacin, and argan oil along with other natural ingredients protects your hair from the environment itself, while it detoxifies your scalp.
Healthy hair begins at the skin. Once scalp issues are cleared up, this gentle formula will help lessen thinning, and bring new health to damaged hair.
- Some customers claim to find the smell of this organic shampoo to be offensive, and others have noticed that they still had breakage in their hair after use.
- Odors are a matter of opinion, and if hair starts out really damaged, a little more time may be required to set things right.
Which Hair Shampoo Should You Buy?
The above products were all designed with scalp and hair health in mind. You could search the market yourself, but it’s doubtful you’d find better shampoo’s or creams than the ones listed here. My hair is long, but thin and fine. I would recommend Aussie’s 3 Minute Miracle to anyone with the same hair type.
Healthier hair looks thicker even when it isn’t, and thanks to this product, when I style my hair these days, I have more choices than a simple braid. More complicated hair arrangements are possible for me now, and when I’m done, it stays where I put it.