When purchasing a flat iron, it is crucial that you find the one with the best quality for your hair. The cheapest flat irons often have very spotty heat which will leave your hair straighter than before but still on the frizzy side.
That is not what flat irons are designed for and you deserve better!
To get the best flat iron for your hair, look for material such as titanium and ceramic plates. You don’t want one with a metal plate with ceramic coating because when the coating wears off, so does the plate’s ability to heat up effectively.
You don’t want one with glass or plain metal plates because those don’t heat up very well.
If you are someone who straightens your hair several times a week, investing in a flat iron that runs up to $100 is best in the long run. It may sound expensive but it’s better for your hair in the long run.
It’s if it’s several hundred dollars that it’s too much. If you don’t, you can get away with investing in one that ranges between $40-$60. Below are some descriptions of the current top 10 best flat irons in 2019.
Table of Contents
- 9. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Mini Straightening Iron
- 8. Karmin G3 Salon Professional Ceramic Flat Iron
- 7. xtava Goddess Flat Iron
- 6. ISHAKO Ceramic Flat Irons Pro
- 5. Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
- 4. KIPOZI Professional Titanium Hair Straightener Flat Iron
- 3. Wazor Hair Flat Iron 1 Inch Ionic Ceramic Hair Straightener
- 2. Remington S5500 Digital Anti Static Hair Straightener
- 1. HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron
- Which Flat Iron Should You Buy?
9. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Mini Straightening Iron
Price: $29.99 with free shipping.
This flatiron has titanium and ceramic plates with ryton housing. It is lightweight at only 13.6 ounces. The plates provide superior heating for maximum sleekness.
- The superior heat makes it possible for awesome straight hair within just five minutes
- Makes a very convenient travel product
- Works well for thick, curly hair as well as shorter hair
- The on/off feature is the only setting that it has
- Not good for wigs
- Not everyone is able to handle the small size very well
- Do not spray chemicals on the plates as it wears on the metal
8. Karmin G3 Salon Professional Ceramic Flat Iron
Price: $149.90 with free shipping
The Karmin G3 has one-inch pure tourmaline ceramic plates. It comes with a free heat mat and case worth $25. It produces high heat within just 30 seconds. It also has dual voltage and needs and adapter.
- Works in several other countries, including Spain and China. However, you need the plug adapter for China
- The cord does not tangle easily
- Has been known to help restore broken and damaged hair
- Does not seem to work as well on super-thick or super-wavy hair
- The heating ability has been known to wear off in less than a year and it doesn’t have a long warranty. So the Karmin G3 is probably better for those who don’t straighten their hair very often.
7. xtava Goddess Flat Iron
Price: $90.00 with $10.00 Shipping
The xtava Goddess has a tourmaline plate, which emit negative ions in order to keep from damaging hair while straightening it. It comes with a heat resistant travel kit.
You can choose the heat temperature that’s right for your hair-about 150 degrees Fahrenheit to 350 degrees Fahrenheit is recommended for fine hair types, for example. It heats up in 60 seconds.
- It has beveled edges, which helps to keep the flow smooth
- The coloring on the plates lasts for quite awhile
- Works on all hair types
- You may also have to change the amount of heat after you straighten your hair
- The temperature and power buttons are placed in a rather tricky location so it would not be recommended for people with arthritis or other hand issues.
6. ISHAKO Ceramic Flat Irons Pro
Price: $65.99 with free shipping.
The ISHAKO is very attractive in its turquoise peacock coloring. It comes with a dual adapter and 360 rotating swivel cord and heats up instantly. It is a top pick for traveling. It has ceramic tourmaline plates, which help keep the hair slick and smooth.
It’s temperature can be adjusted to anywhere in between 150 degrees Fahrenheit to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, which makes it suitable for all hair types.
- Even those who don’t style their hair on a regular basis have reported that the ISHAKO is very easy to use
- Works well on thick waves
- The low temperature makes it suitable for all hair types
- Is not lightweight
- Can trap your hair if you’re not careful
5. Infiniti Pro by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
Price:$29.97 with free shipping
The Infiniti is only one inch long. Its plates are infused with a unique blend of oils plus tourmaline and ceramic plates. It heats up very well, up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has 30 different heat settings, which allows for a lot of room for trial and error for work on your hair type.
It also takes a lot of the guesswork out of the temperature adjustment every time. The different settings are designed to help it work on various hair types and environments from tropical to very cold.
- Straightens out in one go
- Works well on super thick and curly hair
- The different settings make it easy to see test which temperature range works best for your hair type
- Does not have dual voltage
- For fine hair types, you have to keep the heat on low.
4. KIPOZI Professional Titanium Hair Straightener Flat Iron
Price: $35.06 with free shipping.
KIPOZI is a 1.75-inch flatiron with titanium plates. Its temperature can be adjusted between 170-450 degrees Fahrenheit.
It also comes with an auto shut-off. Its durable handle is specifically designed to keep the heat away from your hands. The cord is a heavy duty 8-feet and does not tangle. It comes with a velvet pouch and a set of instructions.
- Easy to use even for people with injured hands
- Works especially well on the bob style
- Easy for those even with injured hands to use
- Unlocking system is not easily found. The gold button has to be pushed down
- Can pull on your hair if you’re not careful
3. Wazor Hair Flat Iron 1 Inch Ionic Ceramic Hair Straightener
Price: $29.67 with free shipping
The Wazor contains ceramic tourmaline coated plates to make for sleeker hair. The temperature can be adjusted from between 284-446 degrees Fahrenheit.
It’s 1inch, 3D plates make it possible to both curl and straighten hair. It shuts off automatically after 30 minutes. It is a 360 degree tangle-free swivel that comes with a 1.8 meter salon style cord.
- It contains a temperature light to indicate when it is pre-heating
- It is small and flexibly durable enough to work even on bangs
- Can easily both curl and straighten hair
- Does not have dual voltage
- It does not have a lock feature
2. Remington S5500 Digital Anti Static Hair Straightener
Price: $17.99 with free shipping
The Remington is a beautiful purple color with one-inch ceramic plates. It comes with a turbo heat booster which allows it to quickly reach its maximum temperature at 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
It has a 30-second heat-up and automatically shuts off after 60 minutes. It comes with intuitive buttons that control its heat and an LCD screen which displays the temperature level.
- Works well on African American corn rose hair
- The plug automatically adjusts to 240 voltage without a switch
- Can be used without a thermal protection spray
- Not all of them show the blue preheat light. If yours doesn’t, just plug it in and set the temperature and you’ll see bars beside the temperature numbers flash
- Does not work well on thick, curly hair-about
1. HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron
Price: $39.99 plus free shipping
The HSI has one inch solid ceramic tourmaline plates with advanced infrared technology. It comes with a 360 degree swivel cord.
It also comes with Argan leave-in oil to better help keep your hair smooth and protected from damage. It comes in very colorful-often red or white-packaging. The temperature can be adjusted between 240-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Easily smooths out frizzy hair
- Works well on both African American cornrose and thick curly hair
- Has dual voltage so can be used in Europe
- Be careful not to twist the cord or the light may not stay on
- May not work as well on wavy hair
Which Flat Iron Should You Buy?
Out of the ten flatirons listed above, I would recommend the Infiniti the most because its 30 different settings allow for a lot of trial and error room to find out what is best for your hair.
It comes with built-in oils and is safe to use in any climatic environment. My second recommendation would be the KIPOZI because it’s small, works well even on bob styles and because it’s easy even for people with injured hands to use.
Please check out these and the other products listed above. It is important to get what is best for your hair type.