The bite of a mosquito can often be a very bothersome event because of the fact that most of the females actually pierce the human skin in order to feed on the blood inside.
The resulting itch, and even sometimes a rash, is usually the source of that nuisance, and these insects could also potentially pass on diseases to the host. These can include everything from malaria and yellow fever all the way to the West Nile virus among a myriad of others.
That is why it is so important that you control the population around a home or other frequented area so that those in the vicinity are protected from what is basically the most lethal animal in the entire world.
There are various different ways that you can try to fend off this “little fly” of unprecedented destruction. There are, of course, numerous types of sprays and repellents.
You should definitely utilize these as well as simply dressing in a more protective fashion when outdoors, and this is especially true when one is taking a venture into the woods, around bodies of water, or some other area known for heavy populations of mosquitoes.
However, an electronic mosquito killer can be one of the best investments in order to protect houses and other spots where the loved ones congregate.
So here is a least of our top 10 picks for the best electronic mosquito killers on the market today in 2018.
Table of Contents
- 10. Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer
- 9. Electronic Indoor Insect Killer Zapper
- 8. Bug Zapper Electronic Insect Killer Mosquito Killer Lamp
- 7. Aspectek 40W Electronic Bug Zapper Indoor Insect Killer
- 6. Bug Zapper & Electric Indoor Insect Killer
- 5. GLOUE Bug Zapper Electronic Insect Killer
- 4. Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Fly Control Device
- 3. Fly Zapper by Aspectek
- 2. Hoont Powerful Indoor Bug Zapper
- 1. Stinger Cordless Rechargable Insect Zapper
- Which Electronic Mosquito Killers Should You Buy?
10. Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer
The Flowtron BK-15D is one of the most commonly seen devices around people’s homes because it has an ultraviolet light that makes it easy to spot. The mosquitoes see that, and as they are attracted to it end up dying in the electrified grid once they get too close.
It’s lighting can also be used to provide security for areas such as a porch or patio outdoors. It costs only a few pennies per day to run, and can handle thousands of the nuisance insect.
- 1/2 acre, 1 acre, and 1-1/2 acre coverage available
- non-clogging killing grid
- optional Octenol attractant
- Not to be used within 25 feet of human activity
- Cartridge needs replacement every 30 days
- Outdoor only
9. Electronic Indoor Insect Killer Zapper
This Aspectek 20W has a 6000 square foot coverage radius that helps to eliminate all types of insects in that zone including mosquitoes, flies, moths, and other flying pests.
There is a mesh screen that prevents any accidental contact with the electrified grid in this unit so that it can be used indoors with the knowledge that the children and family will be safe. A tray in the bottom of the unit aids easy cleanup so that all of the dead insects can be discarded.
- Chemical-free so that the home stays clean
- Easy installation either hanging or placed on a surface
- Highest voltage in market to kill a variety of insects
- Some users complain of loud sound upon kill
- May require multiple contacts to fully kill
- Indoor only
8. Bug Zapper Electronic Insect Killer Mosquito Killer Lamp
These Geekers bug zappers are nice because they are about the size of an average night light or air freshener that you would normally plug into an outlet. Using the photoaxis and thermotaxis (insect attraction to light and heat) draws in the pests so that they can be handled by the voltage.
It is eco-friendly and to be used indoors while coming in a 4-pack so that various rooms can be covered with the units.
- Easily cleaned with small brush or tissue
- 4-pack for extra coverage
- Small enough to take on trips
- Indoor only (not in barns or other workspaces)
- Smaller 100 square foot coverage area
- Not to use near bathroom
7. Aspectek 40W Electronic Bug Zapper Indoor Insect Killer
This Aspectek unit has double the power of the other version so that the killing radius for these mosquitoes extends to about one acre. It is a great indoor unit that can easily handle the needs of a myriad of commercial areas as well as residences.
The price is only about $10 more than the smaller unit, and so it may be a great value for those looking to ensure that as many are eliminated as possible.
- No fumes or smells from sprays
- Amazing 1 acre indoor radius
- Larger electrical efficiency
- Louder pop when zapping
- Indoor use only
- UV may be bright in some areas
6. Bug Zapper & Electric Indoor Insect Killer
Liba really impresses with this electronic mosquito killer that uses ultraviolet at the ideal 365nm wavelength to lure the flying insects into their fate. A 2800V grid is complemented by 20W lights so that it secures a spot as one of the strongest in the insect control space.
It can be used in most all indoor spaces from living rooms and kitchens to hospitals and stores. A money-back guarantee from the company insures that customer satisfaction is a top priority for them.
- 2 free replacement bulbs included
- One of the strongest attraction bulbs available
- Cage to avoid human contact
- Gives off some excess heat
- Quite a loud zap sound
- Some complaints about light longevity
5. GLOUE Bug Zapper Electronic Insect Killer
This is a cheaper unit than most on the list, and it is very portable because of it has the look and feel of a night lamp. There are at least three colors to choose from (blue, green and orange) that make it fit in with most decor.
The small size makes it ideal for travel such as in motor homes or hotel/motel rooms. A led light helps to attract all of the mosquitoes, moths, flies and such so that they can meet their demise with a final shock.
- Chemical-free and compact size
- Easily cleaned of carcasses
- Can work 24/7 365 days a year
- Smaller lifetime due to size
- Narrower range of coverage than most larger units
- Needs darker room for best effect
4. Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Fly Control Device
This Flowtron unit has the highest price of any on the top 10 list, but it will allow an electronic mosquito killer range of up to 2 acres when used outdoors. It is also versatile enough that it can be used indoors as well where it creates a 1,200 square foot zone of pest destruction.
It is one of the more ideal units for barns or even around dumpsters and other areas where the lesser units would not last very long at all.
- Glo-tube and Glo-panel reflector for maximum attraction
- High-impact outdoor grade plastic construction
- 360 degree protection zone
- Somewhat pricey compared to other selections
- 120 watt draws somewhat more electricity
- Very bright
3. Fly Zapper by Aspectek
This is another unit by Aspectek, and since they are a North American company that has been producing great products for over 25 years, it is no surprise how innovative this one is.
Basically, this is a handheld unit that looks something like a tennis racket, and it allows you to swat the mosquitoes and other bugs with ease. There are 3 layers of protection against accidental contact so that humans and pets cannot be harmed if they touch it. It is very neat and may have everyone wanting a chance to try their hand at swatting.
- Rechargeable battery for long life
- Extra detachable flash light for emergencies and such
- LED attraction light so that the insects come to you
- Requires charging before use
- Human interaction necessary for best results
- May require multiple passes for some insects
2. Hoont Powerful Indoor Bug Zapper
Hoont is a great company that offers this indoor electronic zapper that exerts 20 watts of power so that it can cover 6,000 square feet in a home or business.
So many people on Amazon have been pleased with it, and it is actually an “Amazon’s Choice” in the bug zapper category. It is safe and clean, and it can be used outdoors as well as long as it will not be affected by water.
- Large 6k sq ft coverage radius
- Tray collection for easy cleaning
- Easily wall mounted
- Must stay dry
- Bulbs must be replaced occasionally
- 4ft cord length
1. Stinger Cordless Rechargable Insect Zapper
This cordless zapper by Stinger is excellent since it is so versatile, and it is rechargeable so that it can last a really long time.
It uses a black UV technology and has a black outer casing so that it can be quite unobtrusive when placed in the sight range of people. It is easily portable due to the cordless feature so that it can be taken just about anywhere.
- Cordless and rechargeable
- Reasonable 625 sq foot coverage zone
- Portable and versatile
- Requires some charge time (~3 hours)
- Shorter run time
- Smaller zone of coverage
Which Electronic Mosquito Killers Should You Buy?
Anyone who has their own place is likely to eventually encounter a problem with insects and mosquitoes in particular. It is critical that precaution be taken so that some of these “world’s most deadly” animals do not impact those around you.
Any of these electronic mosquito killers on the list will be an excellent choice from handling a small problem to a large infestation, and so be sure to get one and keep it ready.