If you’re one of many people without enough cooktop space, you’ve likely heard countless times to try an electric skillet. You’ve heard all of your friends raving about them, and how beneficial they are — but with all of the options, you’ve never really known which to buy.
Choosing the right electronic skillet for you is easily the most difficult part of the decision process. There are a lot of great options — some offering features others might not.
Electric skillets offer great versatility – they can be brought just about anywhere and can be used for everything a standard stovetop can be used for.
For example, if you have a child that is in college, an electric skillet is one of the best gifts you can get them — they can cook and reheat their own food in their dorm rooms with ease.
So, with all of that said, what are some of the best electric skillets on the market? Compiled below are the top 10 best electric skillets on the market in 2018.
Table of Contents
- 10. Presto 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet
- 9. Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet
- 8. Presto 07115 Electric Foldaway Skillet
- 7. Zojirushi Gourmet d’Expert 1350-Watt Skillet
- 6. Presto 06620 11-Inch Skillet
- 5. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
- 4. Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet
- 3. Nesco ES-08 8-Inch Electric Skillet
- 2. Cuisinart GreenGourmet 14-Inch Electric Skillet
- 1. Precise Heat 16-Inch Rectangular Surgical Stainless Steel Electric Skillet
- Which Electronic Skillet Should You Buy?
10. Presto 16-inch Electric Foldaway Skillet
The Presto 16 Inch Electric Foldaway Skillet is one of many extremely versatile skillets. This particular skillet has something many others don’t have — it is relatively deep compared to other skillets, making it easier to cook up things such as stir-fries.
Additionally, its size allows you to cook multiple things at once — something you can’t do easily with a standard frying pan. Finally, cleanup is a breeze with this skillet — so if you’re looking to cook a quick and easy meal, this is the skillet for you!
- This particular skillet allows you to cook numerous things at once with its size
- Compared to most skillets, the Presto 16 Inch Electric Skillet is fairly affordable
- This skillet is perfect for college students looking to cook in their dorm
- Since this skillet is of a larger size than most other skillets, you may have a hard time storing it or fitting it on your counter, depending on how much space you may have.
- There are mixed reviews on Amazon — however, most seem to be seller-based, not product-based.
9. Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet
The Presto 16 Inch Electric Skillet is fairly similar to the previous skillet listed — however, it is slightly less deep. This skillet is still just as great for anyone looking for versatility and transport-ready electric skillets and can do everything the previous skilet can.
- This skillet is similar to the first skillet listed at a slightly lower price — if you love the features of the other skillet, but would prefer something cheaper, this is for you!
- Similarly to the other skillet, you can cook multiple things at once without any worry.
- This skillet has a heat-safe handle — meaning you won’t burn yourself on the handles.
- Similarly to the previous skillet, there are mixed reviews — we would recommend reading reviews prior to buying.
- This particular skillet is fairly large, which can make storage a bit difficult.
8. Presto 07115 Electric Foldaway Skillet
The Presto Electric Foldaway Skillet offers a variety of storage options not found in most other skillets — as the name implies, you can fold the skillet into itself in order to make storage a breeze.
- Storage has never been so easy — with its versatile folding capabilities, you can easily store this skillet in tight spaces.
- As many reviewers state, this skillet can handle heavy loads — meaning if you do meal prep, you can easily use this skillet to cook multiple meal components at once.
- This skillet can be brought just about anywhere — it’s perfect for potlucks, as it can be folded!
- This particular unit only goes up to 400 degrees — unfortunately, you will need to consider another option if you want or need it to go higher.
- When folded, the skillet peels away at its own paint, due to the way it is designed — meaning there will be some scraping over time.
7. Zojirushi Gourmet d’Expert 1350-Watt Skillet
For those looking for a higher-end skillet, look no further than the Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d’Expert skillet. This skillet is easily one of the most high-end on the list, offering the most versatility — even being able to make soups and fondue!
- This particular skillet can make soups and fondues — offering more versatility than other skillets.
- The Zojirushi skillet is a bit smaller than the previous three Presto skillets — making storage much easier.
- This skillet comes with a flat plate for grilling and even a steaming plate for easy steaming!
- This particular skillet is a bit on the higher end of the price range. At the moment, the skillet costs more than $100 — more than double the prices of most other skillets listed.
- This skillet does not offer a dishwasher-safe drip tray, like some other skillets.
6. Presto 06620 11-Inch Skillet
The Presto 11 Inch Electric skillet offers a smaller, extremely affordable option for those only looking to cook for a handful of people at most. This particular skillet typically cooks enough food for a family of four — but can roast, grill, even bake — to your heart’s content.
- This is the most compact and affordable of the skillets listed — though the size may be a con for some.
- This skillet is perfect for those looking to make a simple, quick meal for their small family — as this is a fairly compact skillet, there’s nowhere near as much to clean as the larger skillets.
- While the size may be a pro for some, it can be a con for others. If you’re looking for a skillet you can cook large meals for a large group of people, this likely isn’t the skillet for you.
- This skillet is not as deep as other skillets listed — meaning it cannot be used for making soups in most cases.
5. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
The De’Longhi Electric Skillet is a great, versatile skillet for anyone that wants a larger skillet that can handle just about anything. It makes cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner a breeze.
- This skillet guarantees even cooking, with its embedded heating element.
- The skillet is dishwasher safe — you’ll never have to worry about hand-washing it!
- With the steam vent holes, steaming foods is a breeze.
- This particular skillet would not be able to make soups like other deeper skillets would be able to, due to the size.
- This particular skillet doesn’t have the same features as some of the others listed — but is of a higher cost than some other skillets listed.
4. Proctor Silex 38526 Electric Skillet
The Proctor Silex Electric Skillet is a fairly simple skillet — mostly being used for things you would use a standard frying pan for. If you’re looking for a skillet that will offer you the benefits of a traditional frying pan, at an affordable price, consider the Proctor Silex skillet.
- This particular skillet is one of the most affordable on the list but is still of a good size.
- This skillet offers a Warm setting — allowing you to keep cooked food warm while you prepare the rest of your meal.
- If you need a quick, easy, family meal, you can get it done fast — this skillet boasts quicker, even cooking.
- The skillet is more similar to a traditional frying pan than other skillets listed.
- This skillet isn’t as large — depending on what you need it for, you may need to opt for a larger skillet.
3. Nesco ES-08 8-Inch Electric Skillet
The Nesco 8-Inch Electric Skillet is the smallest skillet on this list. It is good for those that either lives by themselves, or only need to cook smaller meals — and is, of course, the most affordable out of all skillets, retailing under $20.
- This skillet is awesome for college students or those living alone. If you need an electric skillet for small meals, this is perfect.
- Due to its size, it is the easiest skillet of all the ones listed above to store.
- This skillet has a deep interior, like the other, wider skillets — making it ideal for frying up foods.
- If you’re looking for a skillet that can handle big family meals, this won’t be the skillet for you — it’s much better for couples and people living alone.
- The skillet is listed as 1800 watts — however, it isn’t quite 1800.
2. Cuisinart GreenGourmet 14-Inch Electric Skillet
The Cuisinart GreenGourmet 14 inch Electric skillet is another higher-end option. This Cuisinart skillet is the deepest, and biggest skillet covered thus far — but, it does come with a relatively hefty price tag, given its higher-end features.
- This skillet offers the biggest cooking size out of all listed skillets — boasting a fourteen-inch pan size.
- As this pan is the deepest pan listed thus far, it’s absolutely perfect for frying foods and making soups/stews — making it the best option for those that are looking to do something along those lines.
- Given the price of this particular skillet, it may be out of many people’s price range.
- This particular skillet is a bit heavier than other skillets listed prior.
1. Precise Heat 16-Inch Rectangular Surgical Stainless Steel Electric Skillet
Last but not least is the 16-inch Precise Heat skillet. This skillet boasts a beautiful stainless steel finish, making it one of the most pristine choices on this list. This skillet can do everything the other skillets listed can do, all the while doubling as a beautiful centerpiece.
- This skillet has a very beautiful design — compared to other skillets listed here, it is easily one of the most ‘appealing’ to look at.
- As this is the largest skillet on this list, you can cook multiple meals at once — making meal prep easier than ever before!
- Given the sheer size of this skillet, storage can be a complicated process. Make sure you have enough space for storage before purchasing.
- Some reviewers have found that the skillet has nonstick coating — although it is supposed to be 100% stainless steel.
Which Electronic Skillet Should You Buy?
With all of these options, it’s hard to say which is truly the “best” of all the skillets listed. However, of the skillets listed above, my personal favorite would have to be the Nesco Electric Skillet — it’s affordable and perfect for those looking for relatively small meals. Which would you choose?