It is all about convenience in this technological world. Everything we use right down to the appliances in our home need to make our life easier. This includes our laundry appliances.
Laundry is that one chore that most of us dread, but it is absolutely necessary if we want clean, fresh smelling clothes. This is why it is so very important to have the most convenient laundry appliances in the market, a washer and dryer.
A washer and dryer are super important to have because it helps keeps your clothes looking brand new and we are able to get our laundry done much quicker. It helps get the wrinkles out of your clothes and with the help of fabric softener and/or a dryer sheet makes them smell really great too.
I once had a dryer outage for a week and it was an absolute nightmare getting my clothes to air dry and then having to iron. When I did have the time, I would wash them at home and then drive to the laundromat with wet clothes to dry them.
It was not very convenient. It was a mess. So I am here to give you details on some of the best, washers and dryers out there.
Factors To Consider Before Buying an Electric Clothes Dryer
Everyone has different standards and preferences, so it’s important to make some considerations throughout your search. Below, are some top requirements to bear in mind so you can purchase the best electric clothes dryer for you.
We live in a digital world, so it’s no surprise that most recent electric clothes dryers are equipped with electronic controls. These are more convenient than dial controls, but are more expensive to purchase. You’ll find that most dryers with electronic controls have more settings, making them ideal if you have clothes that require different levels of care.
Not all electric clothes dryers operate in the same way, which means that some have more programs than others. A manual dryer is easy to operate and typically comes with three heat settings, while some have more advanced programs, including: wool/delicates, easy iron, easy care, iron dry, and much more. Consider if you’ll use these additional features in your household to justify the additional expense.
Another consideration to make is the energy efficiency. Is this an important feature for you? If you use a clothes dryer multiple times a week, we recommend an energy-efficient unit to reduce your outgoings and limit your carbon footprint.
Generally speaking, running costs depend on how long the machine is running for and how hard it has to work. If you use a higher spin when washing your clothes, your electric clothes dryer won’t have to work as hard. You can also leave clothes out for an hour before placing in the electric clothes dryer so it doesn’t need to be on for as long.
This is a recent advancement in the market and is a feature of the most expensive electric clothes dryers you can buy. Sensor technology allows you to load your dryer, close it, and it’ll operate itself without you pressing any buttons. With sensors built into the unit, it monitors how long it needs to run for until your clothes are dry. As a result, you’ll spend less on running costs.
Although this might sound like a heavenly feature, not all dryers are 100 percent accurate, so we recommend checking customer reviews to acquire honest feedback regarding the running time and accuracy.
Consider how much washing you usually have in your home. Electric clothes dryers come in a variety of sizes, typically from 3kg to 11kg. Although it might sound beneficial to purchase a large-capacity dryer, this will increase the unit’s price and the running costs. To make the best judgement call, look at the drum size. Does it look like it’ll comfortably fit all of your clothes inside for a thorough dry?
The Top 10 Best Electric Clothes Dryers To Buy
So whether you are looking for your first washer or dryer or a replacement for your old one, here is everything you need to know about these top 10 best clothes dryers in 2019. I also include the pros to the cons on this list, so keep reading and learn more.
Table of Contents
- Factors To Consider Before Buying an Electric Clothes Dryer
- The Top 10 Best Electric Clothes Dryers To Buy
- 10. Electrolux Laundry Bundle
- 9. LG H/E Ultra large Capacity Top Load Laundry System
- 8. Samsung DV40J3000EW White Electric Dryer
- 7. LG Laundry Power Pair Special
- 6. Amana NED4655EW Top-Load 30 Electric Dryer
- 5. Panda Compact Portable Washing Machine
- 4. Avanti Automatic Cloth Dryer Ob
- 3. Panda Apartment Size Portable Clothes Dryer
- 2. Whirlpool : WED5200VQ 29 Electric Dryer
- 1. Sonya Portable Compact Laundry Dryer
- Which Electric Clothes Dryer Should You Buy?
10. Electrolux Laundry Bundle
This front loading washer and dryer bundle is Energy Star rated. This set comes with everything you need, including the pedestals. They both run on electricity and are a titanium, metallic color.
Both washer and dryer are a combined 31.5 x 27 x 53 inches which isn’t too big at all and only weigh about 522 pounds, pretty lightweight. They can be delivered to your home in a few business days.
- Bundled washer and dryer. No need to look for each appliance separately.
- Energy Star Highest Rated- Uses less water and less energy than other models.
- Dryer Technology protects clothes from damage in the dryer. This means clothes last longer.
- Extremely fast wash and dry settings. You can both wash and dry a load in about 30 minutes.
- Residential curbside delivery is available, but white glove delivery is not available.
- Not ideal if you are only looking for one appliance and not the other since it is bundled.
9. LG H/E Ultra large Capacity Top Load Laundry System
This electric HE washer and dryer combo is highly rated on the Amazon website. They both come in a graphite steel color.
Ultra capacity washer with 14 different wash cycles, an LED display, and a Nevrust stainless steel drum. Residential curbside delivery available to your home. It is LG brand which is a reputable brand.
- Great, affordable price!
- Free shipping to your home.
- Under $100 for a 5 year protection plan.
- Only has one color option.
8. Samsung DV40J3000EW White Electric Dryer
This Samsung electric dryer comes in a nice, clean white color. It has 8 preset drying cycles. The lint filter indicator lets you know when it is time to clean it. The dry moisture sensor saves on energy and also makes sure your clothes are perfectly dry and wrinkle free.
- Price starts at under $500.
- Save lots on energy costs with dry sensor feature.
- Modern looking dryer.
- Comes only in white color.
- Shipping details not specific.
7. LG Laundry Power Pair Special
This washer and dryer pair from LG has some incredible features. This top loading washer has 12 different cycles to choose from including a bright whites cycle, speed wash, and a tub clean cycle.
It has a Nevrust stainless steel tub and an LED control panel with dial-a-cycle and touch buttons. It comes in a clean, white color.
- Turbo Wash cycle saves 20 minutes on washing a load while still cleaning your clothes perfectly.
- Cold wash technology cleans clothes like a warm water cycle without the cost of using warm water.
- Glass lid allows you to see the load without having to open the lid while washing.
- Only available in white.
- If you are looking for a front loading washer this one is top loading.
6. Amana NED4655EW Top-Load 30 Electric Dryer
This dryer is made in the USA. It is very basic which means it is easy to use. It is also made to be very durable and last a long time
- Easy to use, simple and not too many buttons.
- Extremely durable.
- Includes some replacement parts.
- No buzzard to alert when done with drying cycle.
- No international shipping available right now.
5. Panda Compact Portable Washing Machine
If you are looking for a dryer, but don’t have a lot of space this dryer may be for you. It is small, compact, and only weighs 44 lbs. This dryer has four different settings which includes a cool setting.
Also, includes an exhaust pipe to ventilate the room. It is perfect for a small apartment.
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- Portable. Plugs in anywhere.
- See thru door.
- Cycles can take a little longer than a full sized dryer.
- Not ideal for a larger family.
4. Avanti Automatic Cloth Dryer Ob
Avanti Electric clothes dryer is only 45 lbs. It is the perfect size if you are short on space in your home. It is a nice white color and features moisture sense and control.
It also features a stainless steel drum and multiple timed and temperature settings for drying your clothes just right.
- Lightweight so its easy to move around if necessary.
- Perfect size for a smaller home or apartment.
- See thru door so you can monitor clothes without disrupting the cycle.
- Ventilation pipe is sold separately.
- Not ideal for doing loads larger than 9 lbs.
3. Panda Apartment Size Portable Clothes Dryer
At only 44 lbs, you can carry this dryer around with you anywhere. Not only is it lightweight, but it is made to dry clothes, bed sheets, and linens as quickly as a full sized dryer. Features four temperature settings, a stainless steel drum, and easy to clean lint filter.
- Lightweight. Practically portable.
- Compact. Perfect for a small apartment or house where space is limited.
- Transparent lid. I love being able to watch my clothes dry without opening the lid.
- Some assembly is required.
- Small and compact. Ideal for smaller loads of laundry.
2. Whirlpool : WED5200VQ 29 Electric Dryer
This Whirlpool dryer is full sized and runs quietly. The dryer comes with everything you need from the power cord to the venting system. It features 4 cycles and three different temperature settings. This one is perfect for larger loads of laundry for a family.
- It is quiet.
- Simple to operate with only a couple of buttons to press.
- Automatic shutoff.
- Manufacturer has discontinued production of this model.
- Large in size. Ideal for a much larger space.
1. Sonya Portable Compact Laundry Dryer
This portable dryer is the larger model of the compact dryers on this list. It features a stainless steel drum and one knob temperature control. Also features a removable lint filter.
It is about 26 inches tall and 23 inches wide. It also comes with the exhaust pipe for air ventilation.
- It is a larger compact model so it is perfect for drying larger loads.
- Portable. You can plug the dryer anywhere you would like so it is easy for one person to move.
- Lightweight. Only 48 lbs light.
- Not ideal for larger loads. Small loads are better as it takes a little longer to dry things than a regular sized dryer.
Which Electric Clothes Dryer Should You Buy?
So, that is the list of 10 washers and dryers to consider when looking to make that purchase. They all make washing clothes way more convenient. Each product is great. The product you choose really depends on your situation and circumstances. There are washer and dryer bundles if you are looking for both.
There are full sized items for larger families, laundry loads and spaces. There are also small, compact products for a single person or smaller apartment or space. There are also differences in budget.
There is definitely an option for everyone on this list. Just follow the links. I hope you find this list really helpful in your search for laundry convenience.