The majority of the time, when someone is in the market for a new chainsaw, they don’t think about ones that are electric powered. In fact, some people only think there are gas ones available.
Not only are electric chainsaws much more lightweight than gas powered ones, but they are also easier to use for things around the house. Another thing that’s great about them is that they don’t cost as much to run because you don’t have to buy gasoline to use them.
This also means you don’t have to worry about stuff failing, such as fuel pumps because electric chainsaws don’t use them.
Keep in mind, you don’t want to go out and just buy the first electric chainsaw you see. There are a few things you want to look for to help ensure you’re getting a high-quality product.
The first thing you want to look for is if the chainsaw is corded or cordless. If it’s corded, you’ll have to plug it into an outlet to work and if it’s cordless, you’ll have to recharge it.
Next, you’ll want to look at the length of the cord or the battery life of the charge. Finally, look at the chain because some you’ll have to sharpen yourself, while others sharpen on their own.
With that being said, here are the top 10 best electric chainsaws on the market in 2018!
Table of Contents
- 10. Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
- 9. Earthwise CS33016 Electric Chain Saw
- 8. BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V Chainsaw
- 7. DEWALT DCCS620P1 20V Cordless Chainsaw
- 6. Oregon 570995 CS1500 Electric Chainsaw
- 5. Greenworks 18-Inch Corded Chainsaw
- 4. WORX WG303.1 16-Inch Electric Chainsaw
- 3. Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim Electric Chainsaw
- 2. BLACK+DECKER CS1518 Corded Chainsaw
- 1. WORX 18-Inch Amp Electric Chainsaw
- Which Electric Chainsaw Should You Buy?
10. Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
This electric chainsaw is battery powered and has a battery included. The size of the chain is around 16 inches. The motor it uses gives it around 30% more torque and 70% less vibration. A great feature of this chainsaw is that fact that it can be used with other GreenWorks G-MAX 40V Li-Ion products.
This means you can use several different tools. In addition, the chain brake and chain that has a low kickback means that it’s much safer for the person using it. It has an instant electric start and the battery has a life of up to 150 cuts. The battery charging time ranges from 60 minutes to 120 minutes.
- It has a low kickback and chain brake for safety.
- It can last up to 150 cuts.
- It can be used with other GreenWorks products.
- It has an issue with leaking oil.
- People have reported issues of the chainsaw not working after a few uses.
9. Earthwise CS33016 Electric Chain Saw
This 16 inch chainsaw has a 12 amp motor that does 120/60Hz. In terms of adjusting the chain, it’s extremely easy because you don’t need any tools to do it. There is also a plastic cover for the bar and chain, as well as a safety button feature. Both of these things help ensure that the user stays safe.
Another great thing about this product is that it comes fully assembled in the packaging. This means you don’t have to have any special tools and you can use it as soon as you take it out. Since it has a short cord, you’ll have to use an extension cord in order to make it reach to where you need it.
- It comes fully assembled.
- You don’t need any tools to adjust the chain.
- It has a plastic cover and safety button to help ensure safety.
- You have to make sure you have an extension cord to use it.
- There have been some issues with the chain falling off several times.
8. BLACK+DECKER LCS1020 20V Chainsaw
This chainsaw has a blade that is 10 inches and is powered by a 20V battery. You don’t have to have any tools to adjust the chain because it’s made to be done by hand. The handle wraps all the way around so it’s easier to hold it securely and at different angles.
An awesome feature of the battery is that it can be used with other Black+Decker tools. Not only does the battery stay charged up to 5 times longer, but the chainsaw itself only ways around 10 pounds. This means you can easily use it for long periods without having to worry about getting tired.
- It’s lightweight which cuts down on fatigue.
- It stays charged for a long time.
- You can use the battery with other products.
- There have been issues with the oiler not working.
- The chain loosens after every couple of cuts.
7. DEWALT DCCS620P1 20V Cordless Chainsaw
This 12 inch chainsaw has a low kickback, which makes it much safer for the user. In addition, the motor is brushless and high efficiency. This is great because it runs and continues working for longer periods. Not only does the chain tightening not require tools, but it also has a knob to tighten the bar.
The speed of the chain is around 25.2 feet per second. The battery is 120V and can be used with over 100 other products. An amazing thing about this brand is that there are over 77 service centers and the product has a great warranty. For example, there is a 3 year limited warranty, 1 year of free service, and 90 day money back guarantee!
- It has a brushless motor which makes it run better.
- The battery can be used with over 100 products.
- It has an amazing warranty, free service offer, and money back guarantee.
- It has a longer shipping time.
- It sometimes leaks oil.
6. Oregon 570995 CS1500 Electric Chainsaw
This saw is 18 inches and actually sharpens itself. This means you don’t have to go through the hassle of removing the chain and sharpening it yourself. In addition, it has a 15 amp motor and and guide bar and chain for a smaller kickback.
The chain tensioning system is made to be able to adjust without tools and has a built in chain brake to help make it safer. The design is ergonomic and helps keep it from vibrating. It also helps keep it balanced, comfortable, and lightweight. This saw has a 2 year consumer warranty, as well as a 1 year professional warranty.
- It has a 2 year consumer warranty and 1 year professional warranty.
- It’s ergonomic and makes handling easier.
- It sharpens itself.
- People have had issues keeping the chain on.
- You have to remove the chain before each use to prime the oil.
5. Greenworks 18-Inch Corded Chainsaw
This corded chainsaw is 18 inches and has 14.5 amps of power. The chain tensioning doesn’t require tools so you can quickly adjust it. A great thing is that you don’t have to oil it yourself because there is a built-in auto oiler.
The handle wraps completely around, which helps with handling and can make it easy to hold at different angles. In addition, it’s extremely lightweight and starts very easily. The reason for this is because you just have to press a button and not have to worry about pulling any cords. Finally, the chainsaw is covered by a 4 year warranty.
- It has a 4 year warranty.
- It has a self oiler.
- The handle makes for easily handling and use.
- Customers have complained that the chain keeps popping off.
- It leaks oil.
4. WORX WG303.1 16-Inch Electric Chainsaw
Not only does this 16 inch chainsaw have 14.5 amps of power, but it also has automatic oiling. The auto tensioning system makes it easier for the tightness to stay the same. It also has a chain brake and low kickback so the user can be confident that they are safe while using it.
A great thing about the built in oil reservoir is that it has a little window so you can see when it’s getting low. In addition to all of these features, the saw has a 3 year warranty to help ensure that it can be fixed or replaced if anything goes wrong.
- It has an auto oil feature.
- The oil reservoir has a window so you can see the oil level.
- It has a 3 year warranty.
- Some people have said the tensioner falls off after a few months.
- Sometimes it doesn’t want to turn on.
3. Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim Electric Chainsaw
This Remington chainsaw is corded and has a blade that is 14 inches. It only has 8 amps of power so it’s great for smaller jobs. Not only is it lightweight, but it’s also compact. The low kickback really helps the user be safer while operating it.
In addition, the oiler is operated by a push button so it will give the correct amount of oil every time. The fact that it has a chain tensioner on the outside means you can adjust the chain quickly and easily without too much hassle. Finally, the chainsaw comes completely assembled in the box so you don’t have to worry about whether or not you have the correct tools.
- It’s great for small projects.
- It has a low kickback.
- The push button oiler helps regulate the amount of oil.
- It’s only good for very thin branches.
- The chain loosens after every few cuts.
2. BLACK+DECKER CS1518 Corded Chainsaw
This Black+Decker corded chainsaw is 18 inches and puts out 15 amps of power. The chain tensioning can be tightened without having to use tools, which is great for someone who needs to adjust it quickly. The oil system is automatic, which means it oils on its own and you just have to worry about refilling it.
This is made easy because there is a little clear window that lets you see the oil level. A great feature of this product is that it has a chain break, which really increases the safety of use. Finally, it is covered under a 2 year warranty.
- It has a 2 year warranty.
- The oil system is automatic.
- It has a chain break feature.
- Customers have said it only works for a few months before starting to die.
- The chain easily pops off.
1. WORX 18-Inch Amp Electric Chainsaw
Not only does this chainsaw have a blade that is 18 inches but it puts out 15 amps of power. This means you can easily cut through anything in your way! Some of the great features of this product are: chain that has an auto-tension system, chain brake, and automatic oiling.
All of these things help keep the user safe and make the entire process easier and quicker. The low kickback is another feature that helps with safety during use. In terms of assembly, you don’t have to worry because it comes full assembled right out of the box. There is also a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty!
- It has a 3 year warranty.
- It has a low kickback.
- It is self oiling.
- It has quite a bit of oil leakage.
- It pops the chain off quickly and frequently.
Which Electric Chainsaw Should You Buy?
All of these chainsaws are great products and any of them would help you get the job done. With that being said, the one that is the best is the DEWALT 20V Cordless Chainsaw.
For starters, the brushless motor helps it run longer and better. You don’t have to use tools and the battery can be used with over 100 other products.
Not only are there 77 service areas, but it also has a 3 year limited warranty, 1 year of free service, and 90 day money back guarantee. If you’re looking for a high-quality electric chainsaw, then this is it!