As technology advances, so does the way children play. One of the best toys that have helped integrate technology and play has been having the best electric toy car on hand. Children of all ages are sure to love the joy and fun that an electric car can bring them Not only that, but an electric car is a great way for children to experience independence when they are playing. This “grown-up” toy can bring a load of smiles for children of all ages.
If you think that an electric car can be a great addition to your child’s playtime, then you have come to the right place. In today’s article, we are going to take a look at some of the best electric cars you can get your child.
Our list is a very thoughtful and varied one so that you can find the best electric toy car for your kiddo.
Before we share the top 10 best electric cars for kids you can purchase in 2019, let’s discuss some considerations to make during your search. Knowing these important factors will allow you to have all the info so that you can make the best purchase possible.
How to Choose The Best Electric Car For Your Kid
The most popular reason adults purchase an electric car for kids is for the fun factor, so it’s a great idea to research some exciting features your chosen toy offers. For example, some cars are equipped with realistic noises so that they sound like a real engine. This gives kids the illusion that they’re grown up and driving a similar vehicle to adults.
Also, many electric cars come with headlights, a horn, and indicator so kids can receive the full driving experience. They’ll have hours of fun with these features. Perhaps your kid would be interested in a service car that comes with realistic sirens like a fire engine or police car.
When considering additional fun features, you want to keep in mind your child’s age and what will most be appropriate for them. Loud and alarming noises may have the opposite effect that you would want to have on younger children.
When you introduce an electric car to your kid, they’ll want to play with it for hours. The last thing you want is for them to kick up a fuss because the battery has run low after 15 minutes of playtime.
Research the typical charging and running times and consider if these are suitable time limits for your kid. Do they tend to play for hours or get bored after 10 minutes? If so, it’s not necessary to fork out on a high-end unit that they won’t make the most of.
Let’s put the usability and fun-factor to the side for one moment and get serious. Your kid’s safety is the most important factor to consider so you should always thoroughly research the safety features their toys offer.
For example, an automatic braking system is a necessary feature to have as this instantly stops the vehicle when the kid lifts their foot away from the pedal. Some vehicles also come with a remote control so you can decrease the speed or stop the car for your kid if you anticipate they’re in danger. You might also want to consider the top speed the electric car can reach. This generally depends on the price range and what age the car caters to. Purchase one with a low maximum speed if you’re concerned your kid might travel too fast and put themselves in danger.
If you have more than one kid, you don’t need to purchase multiple electric cars, as they can share one if there are enough seats. This can be a fun adventure for them and create a real driving experience of having passengers in the car. Always make sure that the electric car is built for the number of passengers you need as their safety is at risk if you have too many people in one vehicle.
Another factor to consider is the weight capacity the vehicle can hold and the amount of legroom inside. Your kid should be able to comfortably get in and out of the car and not have any restrictions inside, while their weight shouldn’t be more than the maximum the car can support.
What makes having an electric toy car so much fun is the fact that young siblings who are close in age can have so much fun together. Not only that, but younger siblings can have a blast with a toy they would have otherwise been unable to play with while the older sibling gets to take charge during the fun.
Some Answers for Common Questions Regarding Electric Ride-Along, Vehicles
Safety of Children’s Electric Cars
Electric ride-on cars for children may seem dangerous to some, but they are fairly safe compared to other toys. For example, they have very few small parts that pose choking hazards. The battery is safely hidden within the vehicle, too, so children can’t easily access such equipment. Also, they are not capable of high speeds. So the danger of any collision or another kind of accident doing serious bodily or property damage is minimal. Safety is one of the top considerations for electric vehicle designers.
The danger that parents must watch out for when playing with electric cars are similar to the hazards of everyday play. Parents must be vigilant to keep their children away from traffic and other hazards while operating a ride on, electric, car. Children may have the idea that since they are in a vehicle, they can safely travel in the street with other vehicles.
It is unlikely that a child will get seriously hurt on an electric car if there is proper adult supervision. But it is possible if safety protocols are ignored. We recommend only allowing them to use their electric car in quieter areas where there are fewer vehicles and people around.
Recommended Age Restrictions for Ride on Electric Cars
Each vehicle has its own suggested ages that you can find on the packaging. One of the leading manufacturers suggest “ages 3-7” for most of their vehicles. It is advisable to abide by the minimum age suggestion. However, if you feel your child would be able to handle power wheels before three, constant supervision is required.
The maximum age is not as important as the maximum weight. If a rider exceeds the maximum weight capacity, often 135lbs, serious malfunctions can occur. These threaten the safety of the rider as well as the vehicle. If your child is over seven but is still under the weight limit, they will likely be able to play without causing a problem. As long as your child can fit correctly within the vehicle, they should remain safe.
Life-Span of a Typical Electric, Ride-on, Vehicle
Many leading ride-on vehicles are well designed and constructed. Most parts of the car will function through childhood and beyond, providing they are well cared for. The only part that will need to be replaced every few years is the battery.
Most vehicles use a 12V, rechargeable, battery to provide power. These batteries will most likely need to be replaced a few times, depending on use. Replacement and spare batteries are available and are handy as a backup so that the fun doesn’t need to end.
There are some things that can be done to extend the life of these batteries. For example, do not overcharge the battery because this can lead to malfunction and failure. Be sure to charge it before putting it away for the winter. This will ensure that it is in good shape for next season.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average speed for an electric, ride-on, vehicle?
The average speed for an electric, ride-on vehicle is 2.5 mph-5.0 mph. This varies based on the weight (driver and anything else), battery quality, riding surface.
Do these vehicles usually come with a warranty?
Warranty availability varies with each manufacturer. Some do offer warranties that give limited protection to certain malfunctions. Specific warranty details can be found at the point of purchase or directly from the manufacturer.
Are there professionals who can fix electric, ride-on, vehicles?
Yes, some brands offer trained professionals to care for, maintain, and repair these vehicles. They suggest that only professionals perform maintenance and repair on the vehicles. Trying to fix the vehicle yourself may void any warranty that you may have.
Table of Contents
- How to Choose The Best Electric Car For Your Kid
- Some Answers for Common Questions Regarding Electric Ride-Along, Vehicles
- Safety of Children’s Electric Cars
- Recommended Age Restrictions for Ride on Electric Cars
- Life-Span of a Typical Electric, Ride-on, Vehicle
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The Top 10 Best Electric Cars For Kids
- 10. SLS AMG Mercedes Benz
- 9. Aosom 12V Ferrari
- 8. Rollplay GMC Sierra Denali 12-Volt Battery-Powered Ride-On
- 7. Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor
- 6. Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT 12V Ride-on Car
- 5. Costzon White Mercedes Benz ML350 6V Electric Kids Ride on Car
- 4. SUV Style Stunning 2 Seater Big Ride
- 3. Black Mercedes Benz SLS R/C MP3 Kids Ride
- 2. Best Choice Products 12V Kids Ride on Truck Car
- 1. Fisher-Price W2602 Power Wheels Dune Racer
- Which Electric Car Should You Buy For Your Kids?
The Top 10 Best Electric Cars For Kids
Below you will find the top 10 best electric cars for kids in 2019.
10. SLS AMG Mercedes Benz
The AMG is a car that will help kids have a good time because it will let them feel like they are racing to wherever they are going. Someone who likes to drive will get into this car to find out that they will feel as though they are driving.
The kids that are in these cars will look stylish, and they will find it quite a lot of fun to roll around in the car, knowing that it will take them where they want to go.
- The car is stylish to ride
- The kids will feel like they are really driving
- The car is easy to drive around for every kid
- The car might be too big for the kids
- The kids might not want to ride in a car like this
- This car might be the wrong color for your child
9. Aosom 12V Ferrari
The Land Rover Defender that you get here is a facsimile of what the kids will see on the road, and it will give them a space to hide even when it is raining. They will feel like they can drive through the forest with this car, and they can get their friends in when they want.
The people who want to get this for their child will find a number of colors they like, and someone who wishes to use the car will have a good time. You can get your child this car when you have one in the driveway.
- The car is big enough for multiple kids
- The car looks just like the Land Rover the kids know
- The car is easy for kids to drive
- The car might be too big
- The car might be the wrong color
- The color might not be something your child prefers
8. Rollplay GMC Sierra Denali 12-Volt Battery-Powered Ride-On
The Sierra Denali riding car is one for all kids who are used to riding around town in a large vehicle, and they will ride in this vehicle because it allows them more space along with a big car that makes them feel like they are riding in an invincible car.
Everyone who wants to get this car for their kids will be excited by it because it is an exact copy of the car they are accustomed to seeing on the road.
- The car is easy for all kids to drive
- The car will give kids plenty of space
- The kids will enjoy riding in such a big car
- The car is probably too big if there is just one kid driving it
- The car might be the wrong color for the kids
- The kids that are driving it might find it hard to drive
7. Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor
The John Deere Ground Force Tractor is just like the tractor that a lot of kids will enjoy, and it will make them feel like they are in the fields where all the crops are grown. Someone who is driving it will be in the open air, and the kids may recognize it because it is the tractor they have seen on the fields in the past. You may choose this tractor because your child wants a special tractor to ride every day.
- The tractor is easy to use and drive
- The tractor is quite simple to drive when in the driver’s seat
- The tractor looks just like its bigger cousin
- The tractor might be the wrong color
- The tractor may be too hard for some kids to drive
- The tractor will be too large for people who have little storage space
6. Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT 12V Ride-on Car
The Dodge Viper from Kid Trax is quite a lot of fun for people to drive because it reminds them of this interesting vehicle that their parents may have. A kid who is driving this will enjoy the sports car experience, and they will feel like they are on a road course.
- The Viper is quite a lot of fun to drive
- The Viper is just like the other cars on the road
- It has the gear shift and accessories that the regular car has
- This car may be too flashy for the kid
- The car may be the wrong color
- The car is likely too big for some families
5. Costzon White Mercedes Benz ML350 6V Electric Kids Ride on Car
The white Mercedes that you get for your child here is a fun time for the kids to drive because it will look like the M class that you have in the driveway. The kids will drive themselves where they want, and they will feel as though they are behind the wheel of one of the cars that they have seen their parents driving.
The car is fun for kids to drive, and it helps them feel as though they have some freedom to move around.
- The car is big enough for more than one kid
- There are many kids who will want to drive in an M class
- The car looks like the original M class
- The car may be too big for the family to store
- The kids will find it quite large to drive
- The kids that drive this may not be able to see
4. SUV Style Stunning 2 Seater Big Ride
This SUV is a generic car that kids can ride in at any time, and it will give them all the rugged power that they thought they would get with a regular SUV. You may purchase this car for your kids because it allows them to sit with a friend while they are riding on the road or in the backyard.
The backyard will be easy for the kids to tackle because they will be in a nice SUV that will go anywhere. The kids will enjoy driving this car, and they may entertain themselves for hours.
- Kids will find this car big enough for them
- The car will fit more than one kid
- The kid will find it easy to move around
- The car is very big for kids to drive
- It may be too hard to store
- The car may be the wrong color
3. Black Mercedes Benz SLS R/C MP3 Kids Ride
The black Mercedes SLS that your kid drives will be quite a lot of fun for them to drive, and they will look stylish when they get behind the wheel. You may choose this for your kids because they will feel comfortable behind the wheel, and they will drive anywhere they want to ensure that they have a way of getting out and about. You want your kids to have their freedom, and they have that freedom in this car.
- The car is very stylish for kids to ride in
- The car is easy to move around
- The kids can ride with their kids
- The car may be too large for the kids to drive
- This car may be the wrong color for kids
- The car may not be the right style for your child
2. Best Choice Products 12V Kids Ride on Truck Car
This is a truck that your kids can pack their friends into, and you will find this is a good choice in price and style for your children. They will be able to drive this truck anywhere they want, and they will be realistic when they make the engine sounds as they drive.
- The truck helps kids carry their friends
- The truck is easy for kids to drive
- The truck looks really good on the road
- The truck may be too large for the family
- The truck may not be something the kids are interested in
- The truck may be a problem for the family to store
1. Fisher-Price W2602 Power Wheels Dune Racer
The Fisher-Price dune racer is built just like a dune buggy, and you may let your children ride in this vehicle all summer. Everyone who gets in this car will be happy to ride around in the open air.
- The buggy is easy to drive
- The open-top is fun for kids
- It looks more rugged
- The dune buggy may seem dangerous
- It may be too small
- It may not be easy to ride in the rain
Which Electric Car Should You Buy For Your Kids?
The best electric cars for kids will give kids the best time possible, and they may drive as much as they like. They are ready to go anywhere they like, and they will feel as though they are in a car that they can be proud of.
There are many different people who will buy these cars for their kids, and they may try the Mercedes SLS or the Power Wheels Dun Racer. Each one is quite a lot of fun to drive, and you may choose something for your child that you believe they will thoroughly enjoy.