Are you looking for a solution to keeping your hair clean and fresh, longer? We have the answer to your problem! The best Dry shampoo helps your style to look shinier and cleaner between washes.
All you do is spray the dry shampoo on, fluff, and away you go! Yes, it’s true, you really don’t need water to keep your hair looking clean.
How Dry Shampoo Works
If you’re stuck for time to wash your hair, dry shampoo can be a miracle, but how does this product work? Dry shampoo contains active ingredients to collect sebum and oil within your hair follicles to remove any oil and dirt and leave your hair feeling and smeller fresher.
Some people can be fooled by the term ‘shampoo’, but dry shampoo doesn’t cleanse your hair like liquid shampoo can. Instead, it’s designed to make your hair appear less oil, making it ideal for in-between washes.
Choosing a Dry Shampoo
There are numerous brands and formulas of dry shampoo in circulation. So, how do you know which ones are good and which ones are just so-so? Easy! You choose one from a top 10 list! That’s why we created this list for you, in the first place. We understand that there are literally thousands of dry shampoos on the market.
The aroma is a big deal because you want to like what your hair smells of. You might not have the chance to spritz the scent in a store, but some have a tester you can try. However, if this isn’t the case, we suggest reading the ingredients to discover if you’ll find the odor pleasant.
It’s important you consider your hair type to choose the best dry shampoo for you. If you have curls, choose a product tailored to this hair type to prevent any excess drying. You can also purchase a dry shampoo for colored hair to protect and enhance your shade without it becoming dull and stripped.
Side Effects of Dry Shampoo
This beauty product is great to keep your hair feeling and smelling face when you don’t have time to wash it. However, regularly using dry shampoo can have some side effects you should be aware of.
For example, dry shampoo doesn’t remove a buildup of dirt, but just covers it, so your hair isn’t receiving a thorough clean. Your scalp also needs the opportunity to breathe and spraying dry shampoo onto your hair follicles can prevent it from doing that, which may lead to rashes, pimples, and dirtier hair than before.
Dry shampoo is great to use every now and then in-between hair washes, but you may notice your locks has lost its natural bounce and shine. Plus, when you run your fingers through your hair, it’ll have a rougher texture and become harder to comb. If you like to brush your hair often, you’ll notice that the product comes out in your accessories, meaning everything needs a thorough clean before next using it.
How Best To Use Dry Shampoo
If you’re interested in stocking up on dry shampoo for those lazy days, you’ll need to remember some techniques for the best results.
Don’t Apply Too Close
Begin by holding the can two to three inches away from your head. This will evenly distribute the shampoo across your scalp so you don’t end up with white clumps in your hair. To break up the formula, gently massage your scalp with your fingers. This is important so the product can get to work.
Don’t Use Too Much Product
When your hair is feeling greasy, you’re tempted to use a lot of product, but this can leave your hair feeling brittle and rough, so we suggest applying a small amount at a time.
Only Use On Your Roots
Oil collects on your scalp, so you should only focus on applying dry shampoo to the top two inches. If you spray the ends, this will make your hair feel stiff and look dull.
The Top 10 Best Dry Shampoos To Purchase
On our list, you’ll see brands like Batiste, Klorane, and Not Your Mother’s. We wanted to include only the best and brightest brands that have gotten stellar feedback from the Amazon community.
So, are you ready to reclaim your beautiful hair? Great! On to the dry shampoo!
Table of Contents
- How Dry Shampoo Works
- Choosing a Dry Shampoo
- Side Effects of Dry Shampoo
- How Best To Use Dry Shampoo
- The Top 10 Best Dry Shampoos To Purchase
- 10. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
- 9. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
- 8. Batiste Dry Shampoo, Divine Dark
- 7. Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo
- 6. Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo for Light Tones
- 5. Hair Dance Dry Shampoo
- 4. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo
- 3. TIGI Bed Head Matte Dry Shampoo
- 2. Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo
- 1. Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Clean & Classic
- Why We Chose Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Clean & Classic As Our Top Choice…
10. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
Klorane dry shampoo allows you to keep your tresses looking neat and tidy, without water. There is 0% white residue left on your hair when you use this product.
The ingredients in the shampoo have been organically-farmed. You never have to worry about putting toxins on your hair with this product.
The oat milk in the formula is clinically proven to soothe and protect your hair and the natural PH balance of the delicate scalp. The nettle in the dry shampoo is known for purifying and restoring. It comes from Portugal. It also keeps your hair from being oily.
- Free from parabens, sulfates, sodium chloride, and colorants
- Made for all hair types
- Cleans hair in just minutes
- Doesn’t react well with heat from flat irons and curling wands
9. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
We don’t know what we like more, the actual dry shampoo or the fabulous design of the bottle. This product is the closest thing you’ll get to wash your hair with water.
You’ll love the talc-free formula that is safe and effective. The dry shampoo absorbs oils and refreshes hair in just mere moments. It uses natural rice starch and no chemicals. Don’t worry, there is never a white residue left behind on your head.
This product is perfect for getting rid of buildup and odor while you’re in between washes. It adds volume and even refreshes your scalp.
- Does not contain talc or aluminum
- Naturally cleans and deodorizes your hair
- Safe for color-treated tresses
- Contains sea buckthorn berry which is a super fruit and great for the hair
- Some complaints of the product running out too quickly
8. Batiste Dry Shampoo, Divine Dark
Are you worried about dry shampoo leaving a white tinge to your dark hair? Batiste has fixed this problem, for you. This specially-formulated dry shampoo is made for all of your dark-haired beauties.
It is formulated with a hint of color, instead of spraying out a white product. You can use this dry shampoo between your regularly washing schedule to instantly refresh your hair, without using water.
This waterless formula absorbs oil, dirt, and grease. It gives your mane a lift by adding volume and texture.
- Never tested on animals and vegan-friendly
- Can be used before or after styling
- Gives hair a fuller appearance
- The product is also available for blondes
- Some complaints of the color rubbing off on hands and hairbrushes
7. Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo
This dry shampoo has been described as “ultra refreshing”. This is an unscented version of the many dry shampoos this company has to offer. It’s great for folks who have sensitivities to scents.
It can be used by people who have delicate scalps as there aren’t any irritating additives to the formula. This dry shampoo can and will eliminate unwanted smells from your hair.
The product quickly absorbs oil as soon as you spray it on.
- Easy to apply
- Doesn’t contain any strong scents
- Perfect for people with sensitive scalps and noses
- Some buyers do not care for the unscented dry shampoo, however, the company makes scented versions
6. Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo for Light Tones
This is a great dry shampoo for people who have lighter-colored hair. It is a light formula that absorbs dirt and oil on contact. It is the perfect alternative to washing your hair with water.
The scent is subtle and airy. It will not overpower your nose. Actually, this is one of the most talked about point in the Amazon reviews. Folks love that the scent doesn’t knock you out.
You’ll appreciate how this product targets the oil at the roots of your hair. Your hair will be left feeling, clean, soft, and luxurious.
- Very subtle fragrance
- Seems to lighten dark roots on blonde hair
- Leaves hair looking full and refreshed
- Not recommended for dark haired people
5. Hair Dance Dry Shampoo
This non-aerosol dry shampoo rolls in at just under $11. It is made with an all-natural formula that is vegan-friendly and cruelty-free. You’ll love the non-toxic ingredients.
The product is made in the USA, doesn’t contain parabens, baking soda, or phthalates. You can be sure that you’re only putting fresh, natural ingredients on your hair with Hair Dance dry shampoo.
This product is great for all hair colors. Even if you have dark hair, this powder will not leave any trace of white residue on your locks. All you’ll be left with is clean, volumized hair.
- Can be applied with a makeup brush or fingers
- Great when camping or traveling
- Is great for the appearance and health of hair
- A bit inconvenient to apply due to the packaging
4. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo
This salon-preferred product is great for keeping hair clean and oil-free between washes. It is easy to use and smells amazing.
A little bit of this dry shampoo goes a long way. Once you spray it onto your hair, it starts working by absorbing oils, grease, and dirt. Your roots will look pumped and the rest of your hair, volumized.
You can use this dry shampoo before bed as a leave-in conditioning treatment.
- Smells fabulous
- Very easy to use
- Quickly absorbs oils and refreshes hair
3. TIGI Bed Head Matte Dry Shampoo
Tigi is a leader in professional haircare products. This awesome dry shampoo is targeted at female hair. It is a matte dry shampoo formula and is recommended for casual use.
You’ll appreciate that this product is safe for use on all hair types, colors, and chemically treated tresses. The product does not leave a white residue on hair so it’s great for dark locks.
- Pleasant, light scent
- Does not leave a white powdery cast on hair
- Professional-grade product
- Some buyers have claimed this product only produces so-so results, while others say they absolutely love it
2. Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo
We really like this Dove dry shampoo. It is affordable for almost any budget at just under $4.50 a bottle. This formula helps hair to have more body.
Using this dry shampoo helps your appear fluffier, cleaner, and less greasy. It’s very easy to use and only takes a few sprays to instantly refresh the hair.
If you need your hair to look fuller, this is the dry shampoo for you. Plus, the light scent of this product is enchanting, but not overpowering.
- Gives hair a fresh, clean look between washes
- Instantly absorbs oil, grease, and dirt
- Works wonders for fine, thin hair
- Some users claim the product leaves their scalp feeling itchy and flaky
1. Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Clean & Classic
We absolutely love the Batiste brand. It is a UK-based company that made its way over to the USA, and we are super glad that it did.
This dry shampoo smells wonderful and gets the job done. If we can’t find the time to wash our hair with water, you can bet that we reach for a can of Batiste. This listing is for the original scent, however, the company offers many scents. You’ve already seen the dark-hair formula on this list.
Just a few quick sprays and your hair will be refreshed and full of volume.
- Quickly absorbs oil, grease, dirt, and odor
- Very easy to use and smells great
- Works great on all hair types and colors
- A few users claim the product leaves a white cast on the hair
Why We Chose Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Clean & Classic As Our Top Choice…
Wow! That is a lot of information about dry shampoos! We hope you found one on this list that really hits home with what you’re needing. One thing is for sure, each one of these products has rave reviews and high star ratings.
We proudly stand behind each of these 10 products and would gladly use them on ourselves. However, there was one dry shampoo that totally won us over. Care to know which one? Okay, we’ll tell you!
So, we decided to go with Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Clean & Classic for our #1 spot. We’ve been able to test out a variety of Batiste dry shampoos and each one of them has been great. You can count on the product absorbing odor, oil, and dirt from your hair when you’re between washes. Plus, Batiste dry shampoo is affordable when compared to some of the other brands.
We are excited to see which product you’ll choose. Have you made your selection, yet? Naturally, we hope you’ll choose our top choice, but even if you don’t any dry shampoo from this list will surely serve its purpose.
Make sure to click on the yellow Amazon button when you make your choice so you have a safe and secure purchasing experience.