When you run out of lipstick at the last minute, you might not have time to run to the mall. So you decide to hit up your local drugstore, but you want the best drugstore lipstick.
You want a vibrant color that will last all day or night. Sure, it will be nice to save some money, but you don't want to get something of low quality.
You've never bought makeup at the drugstore, but it's all you've got. Luckily, there are tons of amazing lipsticks at the drugstore.
You just have to know where to look.
Plus, this last minute errand could get you your next favorite lipstick.
Best Drugstore Lipstick Comparison Table
What You Need to Know About Best Drugstore Lipstick
The best drugstore lipstick should be affordable, easy to apply, and available in multiple colors. Like other lipsticks, it shouldn't skimp on quality.
What is drugstore lipstick?
What does it do?
How it compares to high-end lipstick
Where to buy it
The price range of drugstore lipstick
Do you get what you pay for?
How We Reviewed
We consulted a few articles covering drugstore lipstick to get inspiration for our search. Once we had a few ideas, we narrowed our search to find only the best products available. We read customer reviews and ratings to determine what users think is the best drugstore lipstick.
The Best Drugstore Lipstick
So, what is the best drugstore lipstick?
There are tons of drugstore makeup brands, and many of them have more than one lipstick. That means there are tons of drugstore lipsticks on the market.
Not all of them are created equal.
While not a true stick, the Revlon Matte Balm is an excellent product to add color to your lips. Not only that, but it also moisturizes and soothes your lips with shea, mango, and coconut butter. The lipstick comes in the form of a crayon, and you don't need a sharpener to use it.
You can choose from 10 shades ranging from dark maroon to light pink. Each color is vibrant and bold. And since it's affordable, you can get multiple shades for a reasonable price.
No products found.
The Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick looks like a traditional lipstick. This lipstick should last all day, and the color and texture are comfortable to wear for long periods. The slanted tip makes the lipstick easy to apply so that the color goes on smoothly and evenly. You don't have to worry about the lipstick drying or flaking.
The Lasting Finish Lipstick comes in 14 colors including reds, pinks, and nudes.
- The Houses of Colour Riche: Introducing four vibrant lipstick families of Reds, Berries, Pinks and Nudes. Choose from...
- Moisturizing Lipstick Formula: Smooth your lips in just 1 coat with 75% caring ingredients like Argan Oil & Vitamin E....
- For The Ultimate Lip Make Up Look: Start in the center of your upper lip, work from the center to outer edges, following...
L is a well-known drugstore makeup brand, so it makes sense that their Hydrating Satin Lipstick would make our list. The lipstick has a vibrant color. Omega 3, Vitamin E, and Argan Oil all work to hydrate and soften your lips. Some lipsticks can dry out your lips, but with L'Oreal, you don't have to worry about that. 'Oreal
The lipstick comes in 45 different shades including reds, nudes, and even a purple color.
- Perfectly Matte: Achieving a flawless, color-intense matte finish is just a swipe away with Maybelline Super Stay Matte...
- Iconic Longwear Formula: The long lasting formula of this highly pigmented liquid lipstick gives you super saturated...
- Sculpt With Precision: Get effortless, smooth application every time with the unique arrow applicator. This matte...
The first liquid lipstick on our list is the Maybelline SuperStay Matte. If you don't like the feel of using a traditional lipstick, the liquid lipstick can still give you the best color. The Maybelline lipstick lasts up to 16 hours, and the applicator makes it easy for you to apply the lipstick. These matte shades are all highly pigmented, and they'll stay on through meals and kisses. Ink liquid lipstick
You can choose from 30 different shades from traditional reds to purples to nudes.
The Maybelline SuperStay might be the best drugstore lipstick out there.
- LONG LASTING LIPSTICK: This food-proof, longwear lipstick simply won’t budge. Wear it all day long and it stays on
- ULTRA HYDRATING LIP MAKEUP: The moisturizing formula is infused with shea butter, aloe, and vitamin E to instantly...
- VELVETY FEEL: Swipe on the smooth, velvety lip color that always feels good on your lips
The Revlon ColorStay Suede Lipstick is perfect for Revlon fans who want a traditional stick. You apply it just like a lipstick, and the finish will give you a suede look. The lipstick goes on easily, and it will also moisturize your lips. Shea butter, Vitamin E, and aloe all help to give your lips the moisture they need while you rock an awesome lip color.
The glossy stain combines the shine from lipgloss with the color of a lipstick and the long life of a lip stain.
With 20 colors to choose from, there's a shade for everyone. They have everything from bright pinks to dark reds and blacks.
Amazon itself lists the lipstick as a top choice for all-day lipstick.
- LIP SHIMMER: Nourish your lips with a touch of luminescent color with Burt's Bees Fig Lip Shimmer for a natural,...
- LIP COLOR: Hydrate and sooth your lips with sunflower oil, Vitamin E and the refreshing tingle of peppermint oil,
- MOISTURIZE: Just one swipe of this conditioning lip color with antioxidant-rich fruit oils leaves your lips soft and...
Who knew Burt's Bees sold lipstick? Well, it's not really a lipstick, but the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer gives you a fabulous lip color while moisturizing your lips. The lip shimmer uses natural ingredients like sunflower oil and Vitamin E as well as peppermint oil. This is probably the best drugstore lipstick for comfortable, everyday wear.
You can choose from 12 different colors including reds and pinks as well as an off-white shade.
Want to look high class? Not only is the CoverGirl Continuous Color gorgeous on your lips, but so is the tube itself. The lipstick won't dry your lips, and the color will last for hours. You can get soft and colorful lips at the same time. Vitamins A and E help moisturize your lips. Lipstick
CoverGirl offers 14 different colors including reds and pinks.
- Lasts up to 16 hours
- Food, kiss & workout-proof, virtually life-proof
- Moisturizing topcoat that keeps lips feeling moist, soft & smooth
In addition to traditional lipstick, CoverGirl has liquid lipstick. The CoverGirl Outlast All Day Lipc is perfect for anyone who feels intimidated by conventional lipsticks. Lasting up to 16 hours, the lip color is "virtually life-proof." You can eat, kiss, and work out without the color fading. And the moisturizing topcoat keeps your lips soft and supple. olor
There are six different shades you can choose from including dark red, pink, and nude.
On the other hand, you might want a simple way to add color to your lips. If that's the case, then try the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer.
Meanwhile, L'Oreal Paris comes out on top for having 45 different shades for you to choose from.
All of the products on our list could easily be the best drugstore lipstick. But you have to find what works for you. The variety may be intimidating, but you're sure to find something that works with your skin tone, lifestyle, and other preferences.
Do you have a favorite drug store lipstick? Tell us about it in the comments below.