Choosing driving gloves must be a joyous occasion, and you will find them to be quite helpful for you when you are driving long distances or driving a truly special car. Someone who wants to have a better time driving must protect their hands, and this article explains how you may protect your hands using a simple pair of gloves.
The History of Driving Gloves
During driving careers in the 1890’s, people would travel in cold conditions and with no heating facilities inside these vehicles, drivers would feel uncomfortable. The invention of driving gloves provided a warm layer to driver’s hands with linings such as wool, lambskin, and fur.
As cars began to develop and introduced heating, driving gloves became thinner and shorter. Many brands even began producing short gloves that kept your hands cool when driving and with additional stitches to improve your grip when holding the steering wheel.
Towards the 1960’s, fashion was a popular cultural demand, and driving gloves shifted from functionality to appearance so they became more sleek, and top-end brands began jumping on this new trend. Fast forward 10-20 years and the industry for driving gloves declined as steering wheels introduced a non-slip material to make gripping the wheel easier and safer.
The Benefits of Wearing Driving Gloves
The simple decision to wear driving gloves will help you stay comfortable, and you will notice it is easier to drive your car when you are comfortable. If you tend to drive in cold conditions, this can be uncomfortable on your hands, especially when the steering wheel is cold. Driving gloves insulate your body and the materials provide warmth to contribute to great comfort during all journeys.
However, driving gloves aren’t just designed for cold weather as you can use them during hot times of the year to prevent the sweat affecting your grip on the wheel. In this case, we recommend purchasing driving gloves specified for the weather conditons you’ll be driving in.
Prevents Hand Fatigue
If you tend to drive for a long time, your hand can become tired holding onto the wheel for long periods. Wearing driving gloves can protect your hands and provide a cushioning effect on the wheel to prevent blisters and difficulty gripping the wheel for hours. This is why you’ll often see lorry or racer drivers wearing gloves so they look after their hands.
Things To Consider When Buying Driving Gloves
Before we share the top 10 best driving gloves on the market right now, there are some important features to consider during your search.
As comfort is one of the main reasons for wearing driving gloves, it’s essential that they fit you correctly. They shouldn’t be so tight that they cause discomfort or too loose that they create wrinkles when you hold the steering wheel.
We recommend purchasing driving gloves from a brand that you know and trust. This doesn’t mean to avoid new brands as everyone deserves a chance, but you should research their background, the materials they use and how they produce their items.
Also look into their guarantee so you could potentially return the driving gloves if they don’t live up to your standard. Does the brand have a large range? Are they notorious for selling gloves? Do they generally have good feedback from customers?
The Best Driving Gloves You Can Buy
The top 10 best driving gloves in 2019 on the list will serve you well, and you must ensure you have chosen wisely. You may choose from any of the 10 on the list, and you must ensure you have chosen a pair that you believe will fit and be comfortable.
Table of Contents
- The History of Driving Gloves
- The Benefits of Wearing Driving Gloves
- Things To Consider When Buying Driving Gloves
- The Best Driving Gloves You Can Buy
- 10. Coromose Leather Winter Super Driving Warm Gloves
- 9. TPRANCE Fingerless Driving Gloves
- 8. ELMA Deerskin Leather Winter Driving Cashmere Lined Gloves
- 7. Interstate Leather Basic Fingerless Gloves
- 6. ELMA Unlined Deerskin Leather Driving Gloves
- 5. Pratt and Hart Leather Driving Gloves
- 4. Cyrilus Authentic Driving Leather Gloves
- 3. Shaf International Basic Driving Gloves
- 2. Riparo Motorsports Genuine Leather Mesh Driving Gloves
- 1. Bionic Driving Gloves
- Which Pair of Driving Gloves Should You Buy?
10. Coromose Leather Winter Super Driving Warm Gloves
The driving gloves from Coromose are quite warm as they combine leather and a soft fabric that will keep your hands quite warm. You must wear these gloves when you are searching for something that will help you stay warm without being too bulky.
You cannot drive properly with a heavy glove that you use in the dead of winter, and it will be much simpler when you are using a thinner glove.
- They are thin
- They are quite warm in the winter
- They come in nice colors
- They might be too thick
- They are made for winter driving
- They may not be warm enough
9. TPRANCE Fingerless Driving Gloves
There are quite a lot of gloves that come with fingers, and you may use the TPRANCE gloves that do not have gloves at all.
Each of the gloves in the set will give you movement in your fingers, and you will feel that you have more mobility in the gloves when you grip the wheel. You will have a way of moving about the wheel simply, and you will be comfortable outside the car.
- Th gloves are soft and comfortable
- You have more movement in your fingers
- You may wear them anywhere
- The gloves may be too thin
- You may need fingers on the gloves
- They may not be long enough
8. ELMA Deerskin Leather Winter Driving Cashmere Lined Gloves
You will enjoy the deerskin on the ELMA gloves because they are soft and pebbled. These are exciting driving gloves you may wear at any time, and you will find it more fun to drive because the cashmere lining is so soft.
The gloves will look stylish, and they will take you driving when you need it. You must keep them in the car, and they wills serve you all year when not driving.
- The gloves are soft to the touch
- The deerskin is smooth
- You may wear them anywhere
- The gloves may be too thin
- You may find them to be too heavy
- You may not like the lining
7. Interstate Leather Basic Fingerless Gloves
The fingerless gloves you wear from Interstate are quite helpful in that they will protect your hands while you drive, but they give you a bit of freedom that you need while driving.
You must ensure you have taken the time to choose the proper gloves, and you will feel more confident once you get on the road. Anyone who is searching for better gloves must ensure they have taken steps that will make their hands warm and comfortable on the wheel.
- The gloves are soft to the touch
- They are good for driving and working
- They may be worn anywhere
- The gloves may be too small
- They may need to have fingers
- You may not like the fit
6. ELMA Unlined Deerskin Leather Driving Gloves
The deerskin without lining from ELMA is quite a lot of fun to wear because they will cradle your hands when you are driving.
They give you the coverage you need, and they will allow you to have the feeling of wearing proper driving gloves when you are on the road. You can imagine yourself in another time, and it will feel better to wear them when you are out in public.
- The leather is soft
- They will fit quite well
- The gloves come in many sizes
- You may need a lining
- You may not like the length
- You may need something softer
5. Pratt and Hart Leather Driving Gloves
Pratt and Hart is one of the oldest in the industry, and they are quite good at creating items that are good for drivers. Someone who enjoys driving will have a time using these gloves, and they will wear them everywhere they go.
This is a basic driving glove that will take you everywhere you need to go. You may wear them in public, or you may keep them in the car when you are ready to begin driving.
- The gloves are perfect for all drives
- The gloves are simple to wear while driving
- The gloves are made from a soft leather that feels good on the skin
- The gloves may be too simple for you
- They do not come with a heavy lining
- You may need something that is longer
4. Cyrilus Authentic Driving Leather Gloves
Cyrilus has created driving gloves that are perfect for you, and you will note how soft they feel on your hands when you are driving. They will help you remain comfortable as you drive, and you will find it simpler to use the gloves when you get out of the car.
They are perfect gloves to keep in the car, and they will become the gloves that you wear every day. The every day glove you need is one that will take you on a grand adventure.
- The gloves will work well in your every day routine
- You may wear them for the fashion
- They come in beautiful colors you will enjoy
- The gloves may be too thin for you
- You may want something with more lining
- You may want to wear something that covers your wrist
3. Shaf International Basic Driving Gloves
The Shaf International gloves were made for all those who love to drive, and they will take you quite a long way when you are looking for a drive that will please you.
You need to have your hands on the wheel at all time, and you must ensure you have taken the time to try these gloves as they will give you a warm feeling on soft leather. You will wear driving gloves on every trip, and you may wear them outside the car when you arrive at your final destination.
- You require a luxury glove that feels good on the hands
- The gloves will fit over your whole hand
- They will be soft to the touch when you are wearing them
- They may be too heavy for you
- You may want something that is a bit smaller on your hand
- You may choose a glove that has more lining
2. Riparo Motorsports Genuine Leather Mesh Driving Gloves
Riparo is a name in driving and driving gloves that everyone knows, and they have a tradition that is upheld in all their gloves. They provide driving wear for all those who need it, and it is important someone who is searching for driving gloves takes a look at the options Riparo offers.
They have used a special mesh leather that will feel good on the hands, and someone who is quite interested in driving will use these gloves often because they look and feel good. They may be worn at any time, and they were made to help grip the steering wheel. The wheel itself will respond to the gloves, and the mesh leather will be a style statement everyone notices.
1. Bionic Driving Gloves
The Bionic driving glove is one of the finest in the industry because it will flex to meet the hand no matter who is wearing it. Someone who needs a better pair of driving gloves will find the Bionic gloves helpful because they will slide on the hand with no problem.
You may wear these gloves because you need something that will grip your hand first, and they will begin to move with your hand. You may drive anywhere in these gloves, and they will make you feel more comfortable behind the wheel.
- The gloves will fit your hand perfectly as they stretch
- The gloves will look perfect on your hand as if they were made for you
- Anyone trying the gloves will have a better grip on the wheel
- The gloves may be too tight for you
- You may use these gloves in the winter, but they may be too thin
- You may not like the color offered
Which Pair of Driving Gloves Should You Buy?
You may select any pair of driving gloves on the list above, and the finest is the Bionic Driving Glove that will ensure you comfortable in all situations. You may try to Riparo gloves when you want to partake in the tradition of driving in Europe, and you will find the Shaf gloves just as interesting.
You must wear something that feels good on your hands, and you must look through the list of items to ensure you are pleased with the fabric. Anyone who has made a proper choice when purchasing driving gloves will be quite pleased with their driving time, and they may wear the gloves as much as they like.
You mist take time to look through many gloves when you are ready to begin driving. There are gloves that will help you walk in public after driving, and you must choose based on their functionality outside the car.
Keep them in the car when you are not driving, and the gloves will follow you anywhere you go.