When purchasing a double stroller, it’s inevitable that you will have double the questions when figuring out which is best for you and your family. Traveling with two children can be made easier if you have the right double stroller.
Firstly, there are many types of double strollers that include tandem strollers, side by side strollers, and regular double strollers to choose from. Then you have to consider whether the stroller is for two toddlers, two infants, one toddler and one infant, and or infant car seat compatible.
Consideration of if the stroller will fit easily in your vehicle and if it’s easy to fold up and if it is bulky are also important. Along with where you will mostly be using your double stroller, on smooth sidewalks and shopping mall floors or across soccer fields and hiking paths.
Some other features to consider are if the wheels are shock absorbing, is the steering easy and does the stroller come equipped with features like sunshades, adjustable handle height, and washable fabric seats.
To help you determine which double stroller is right for you, we have compared numerous strollers and put together reviews to show the most important features for each, including safety, maneuverability over various terrains, overall weight, size when folded, and much more!
Below are the top 10 best double strollers in 2018 that you should consider buying.
Table of Contents
- 10. Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller
- 9. Britax 2016 B-Agile Double Stroller
- 8. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller
- 7. Graco Ready2grow Click Connect LX Stroller
- 6. Kolcraft Cloud Side by Side Umbrella Stroller
- 5. Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller
- 4. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double
- 3. Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller
- 2. BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Duallie Stroller
- 1. Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller
- Which Double Stroller Should You Buy?
The Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller is great if you need a double stroller that will accommodate two infant car seats. The stroller’s seats are padded and recline to many positions to offer your little ones a comfortable ride. Folding is done with a trigger control that smoothly collapses the stroller for easy stowing and transportation.
The stroller itself weighs 43 pounds. The maximum weight recommendation is 50 pounds. The front wheels feature a safety lock and children are kept safe with a five point harness. This stroller comes with an MP3 plug-in and speakers. This double stroller is about $200 and has the option to purchase car seats and car seat bases.
• Compact storage
• Extra wide foot rests for toddlers
• Lots of storage including an undercarriage basket, pouches, and two adult cup holders
• Difficult to steer around corners
• Recommended weight capacity is only 50 pounds
9. Britax 2016 B-Agile Double Stroller
The Britax 2016 B-Agile Double Stroller is a side by side stroller and costs around $360.00. This double stroller was made with an easy fold, carry, and storing design. The handle bar height is easily adjustable and works with parents of all heights.
Maximum weight capacity for this double stroller is 50 pounds. This stroller is compatible with any Britax infant car seat, has been made with safety technology and uses a Click and Go system to easily connect the infant seat to the stroller. Even though this is a double stroller this product in able to cruise through standard sized doorways.
• Has two sunshades that extend over the stroller to provide your children shade
• Frame is made out of aluminum, therefore lightweight (26 pounds)
• Folds down small enough to fit into compact cars
• You can only use Britax infant car seats
• Does not allow for use of two infant car seats at one time
8. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Ultra Tandem Stroller allows up to two children sitting in stroller seats, up to two infant car seats, or one child sitting and one child standing. This double stroller uses Graco Snugride Classic Fit and Britax infant car seats.
Easy fold up and storage is another feature of this double stroller as well as weight recommendations being up to 50 pounds for each child (total weight 100 pounds). The cost of this double stroller is affordable at $140.00. This stroller is built with a large storage basket and a foot activated brake.
• Great for older toddlers who would enjoy standing for the ride
• Stroller only weighs 17 pounds
• Front wheels swivel for easy maneuvering
• Comes with a California Proposition 65 warning
• Must use caution when older child gets out of stroller so that it does not tip
7. Graco Ready2grow Click Connect LX Stroller
The Graco Ready2grow Click Connect LX Stroller is a tandem double stroller that allows for one child up to 50 pounds to ride in the front seat, on the bench seat, or on the standing platform and for a second child up to 40 pounds to ride in the rear seat.
The one-hand fold and automatic lock allow for easy folding and travel. Children’s trays are removable for easy cleaning and storage. This double stroller costs about $199.00.
• The seat cushions and covers are removable and machine washable
• There are adult pivoting cup holders
• Large basket under stroller ideal for diaper bags and purses
• Difficult to see around infant seat when positioned in the rear
• Tires are not made for off-roading
6. Kolcraft Cloud Side by Side Umbrella Stroller
The Kolcraft Cloud Side by Side Umbrella Stroller a great double stroller for the cost, which is only $89.00. This double stroller sits children side by side and the recommended weight for each child is 35 pounds.
Seats recline independently of each other and the expandable canopies also work independently of one another giving your children each their own personal preferences. Fold up and travel is easy with this light in weight double stroller.
• Fits through standard sized doorways
• Wheel locks are secure
• Nice shade canopy feature
• Does not accommodate infant car seats
• Does not ride well on rough surfaces
5. Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller
The Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller sports a 16” rear and 12” front all-terrain, rubber pneumatic bicycle tires making it a great stroller to use while on a jog. This double stroller is a side by side that can hold two children up to 50 pounds each.
The seats recline to multiple positions and come with a five point safety harness. The stroller is easy to fold and offers locking front swivel wheels and a foot activated rear brake system. This double stroller will cost you about $170.00.
• Can be used on all terrains
• Front wheel can swivel or be locked into place
• Sunshade provides great coverage
• Seat backs are not sturdy
• Bulky when collapsed
4. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double
The Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller offers parents the ability to use this stroller with 2 children in Flex Loc Infant Car Seats or with one child in the Flex Loc Infant Car Seat and the second child either sitting or standing in the rear of the stroller.
This double stroller will cost you about $160.00. It includes five point safety harness and a foot activated rear brake. The stroller comes with a removable child tray with cup holder.
• Can safely ride children 2 and up (up to 40 pounds)
• Adapts several brands of infant car seats (including Evenflo, Embrace, Discovery, Britax, and Chaperone)
• Accommodates 2 infant car seats
• Bulky when folded
• Difficult to push on rough terrain
3. Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller
The Graco Roomfor2 Click Connect Stand and Ride Stroller is a double stroller that fits all Graco SnugRide Classic Connect and Click Connect Infant Car Seats. The recommended weight limit is 50 pounds per child. This stroller provides easy one-handed folding as well as a storage latch.
The seats recline to multiple positions with the front seat able to lay completely flat. This stroller will cost you about $120.00. This stroller allows older children to stand on its sturdy platform. Great stroller for parents that have young and older children.
• Offers great stability for uneven terrain
• No tools need for assembly
• Seat covers are removable and machine washable
• Use of an infant seat will not leave toddler in rear seat much room
• Canopy does not provide full coverage
2. BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Duallie Stroller
The BOB 2016 Revolution FLEX Duallie Stroller will cost you about $530.00 but it is loaded with features. The side by side double stroller has a swiveling-locking front wheel that is able to move through any tight spot and makes jogging or riding on rough terrain a smooth experience. The handle bar adjusts to over 9 positions making it easy for all parents to find a perfect height when jogging or walking.
• Infant seat compatible with purchase of infant seat adapter
• Folds in two easy motions
• Easy to maneuver over uneven ground
• High price
• Bulky when folded
1. Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller
The Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller features a light weight frame, 360 Degree shock absorbing wheels, and a large European Style Canopy. The double stroller is slim enough to fit through standard door sizes. It is compact when folded making it easy to store. The five point harness comes with shoulder pads. This double stroller will cost you about $80.00.
• 2 large hanging storage bags
Shock absorbing wheels
• Sun shades do not provide full coverage
• Not as durable as other double strollers
Which Double Stroller Should You Buy?
So many double strollers and all their features! After reviewing all the double stroller’s, I personally recommend the Baby Trend Expedition Double Jogger Stroller, especially for families who like to get outdoors with their children.
Also, the price isn’t as steep as some strollers, and I believe $170 would be a great investment for this particular double stroller. I hope the information we have given will help aid you in your double stroller search and that you purchase a stroller that will be used for many walks and much memory making in the future!