The right door knob can really make or break the look of a door, but it doesn’t stop there. It can also cause problems with the use of the door.
If you have ever tried to use a poorly chosen door knob on a door, then you know exactly what this is about. Here are some tips to avoid all of that and find the right choice for your situation.
They are things that many people never consider when making their choice.
- What are you wanting to use the door for in its daily use?
- Do you want to have the door open with a twist knob or a handle?
- What type of security are you looking for in your door knob?
- What exactly is the decor of the home?
- How many do you need to buy for your project?
All of these things are important to think about when making your choices. Once it is installed it is far more difficult to make a change that you didn’t consider previously.
So really think about the things that you know will be needed for your door. Then you just have to decide what the look is and what the cost of your door knob choice will be. There are many choices for that too. But that’s the fun part.
Here are the top 10 best door knobs on the market in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. Kingso Vintage Ceramic Door Knob
- 9. Esschert Design Iron Door Knob
- 8. Schlage F170PLY619 Plymouth Knob
- 7. KidCo Door Knob with Lock
- 6. Brinks Tulip Style Entry Door Knob
- 5. Prime Line Products Fluted Door Knob
- 4. Kwikset Cove Knob
- 3. Lion Locks LIO0107 Tulip Door Knob
- 2. Copper Creek Ball Privacy Door Knob
- 1. Master Lock Tulip Entry Door Knob
- Which Door Knob Should You Buy?
10. Kingso Vintage Ceramic Door Knob
When you are decorating a period home, sometimes you want accents to make it all look authentic to that time period. These are a fabulous choice for that.
- This is a great choice for anyone that is looking for an old fashioned look for their kitchen or any cabinet.
- They are the perfect size measuring at 3.5×2.5cm/1.39″x0.98″. They are made of ceramic and bronze materials.
- They are easily installed as well.
- They even in several color choices as well.
- They do stand out and can catch on things.
- The knob of the handle is a little small. Some people have trouble grabbing it.
9. Esschert Design Iron Door Knob
They are very attractive additions to any decor but are affordable for a reason. They are not the strongest door knobs on the market, but for a small project will work perfectly. Just be sure to buy as many as you will need for your project as they are in short supply.
- They come in a set of three for convenience and style.
- These are best suited for people looking for a classic look.
- They are very well made.
- These are a bit on the small side. If you need a larger choice, consider another style.
- They do have a limited supply, so you must buy them all at once.
8. Schlage F170PLY619 Plymouth Knob
Schlage has long been a good name for reliable and sturdy door knobs. These are a really nice choice. They are meant for doors that are internal or external to the home. There are several finishes available for buyers.
- These are very sturdy with a good satin nickel finish for the door.
- They are very inexpensive for the high quality of door knob that they offer the buyer.
- You can even get free shipping, saving you more money on your purchase.
- Some buyers have reported that they can sometimes catch when being used on interior doors.
- They are not heavy-weight door knobs.
7. KidCo Door Knob with Lock
These are some great knob covers, you should note though, that they aren’t door knobs. They are simply child-proof covers. If that is what you are looking for though, then this is a perfect choice.
Here’s why, and some things to consider in order to but the perfect door knob covers for your home.
- They are easy to install.
- They come in pairs for added savings.
- They last for over ten years.
- Most parents report that they are a fabulous choice for people with arthritis.
- Some parents have reported that they are easy to get off for some children.
- Other parents have reported that they are tough to get off. You will have to decide for yourself.
6. Brinks Tulip Style Entry Door Knob
Brinks has long been associated with security for people’s doors. Now the door knobs are available for purchase as well. Here are some of the pros and cons.
- Security is tight with these door knobs.
- They are easy to install as well.
- Most buyers love the longevity as well.
- Some people have reported that they get locked out accidentally.
- These do not fit mobile home doors.
5. Prime Line Products Fluted Door Knob
This choice is perfect for anyone that is involved in making a place looks like it is from the Victorian days. It is delicate and looks like fine crystal. It’s truly a wonderful choice for a fine design for your home door knobs.
- Perfect for a period look.
- Very classy looking finish for any door knob.
- It is reasonably priced considering how nice they look.
- Some people have reported that they do not fit certain doors. Be sure to measure before ordering to ensure the proper fit.
- They are made of plastic and not crystal. If you aren’t worried about the plastic, then they look just like the real thing.
4. Kwikset Cove Knob
These are a good selection if you just need the basics in a door knob. They are well priced and fairly sturdy.
- These are a perfect choice for anyone that likes a more muted appearance.
- They are easy to install
- They work on mobile home doors when other door knobs don’t.
- They come with a key to get in if the door accidentally locks inside.
- They are very inexpensive.
- They are not the sturdiest choice and last only with careful use.
- They can be easily locked from the inside of the door on accident.
3. Lion Locks LIO0107 Tulip Door Knob
These are perfect if you are looking to change the locks in your mobile home. They can be adapted to fit them easily. They are fairly well-built and can last for years.
- These are some of the least expensive door knobs sold today.
- They are very easy to install.
- They are even adjustable to the door style.
- They can easily lock if not properly installed, causing the person to get locked in.
- They are not as sturdy as other that cost more in the market today.
2. Copper Creek Ball Privacy Door Knob
The most widely used in home construction today, these door knobs offer the basics and the added benefit of being able to easily open them if a child accidentally locks themselves in one of your rooms. You might be surprised how common that issue is.
- These are some of the most popular door knobs available today.
- They offer all of the best options.
- These are easy to open from the outside if accidentally locked in.
- They are not the most inexpensive door knobs available today.
- They do not last as long as other choices that can be bought.
1. Master Lock Tulip Entry Door Knob
This is one of the overall best choices available today. It is from Masterlock, which is one of the best choices for locks today. That makes it a very secure choice for buyers.
- These door knobs are built well.
- They are very safe for security, and cannot be easily broken into.
- They are very well priced and affordable.
- They look very nice in any home.
- While they are well-built, they do need to be replaced every ten years or so, depending on use.
- They can get locked accidentally, causing you to get trapped, inadvertently.
Which Door Knob Should You Buy?
All of these choices offer something different for you. Some are more decorative, others are more sturdy, but all of them are priced reasonably well. It is up to you as to what you need in your home. Here are some things to remember as you make your choice.
- While price is always important, sometimes buying something a little bit more expensive is well worth the price.
- What look are going for in the door knob. Try to keep it accurate to your home decor.
- Explore color options. Many of these have various choices available to buy.
- Once you have the perfect choice in mind, also remember to buy enough. Sometimes a door knob can sell out.