Who doesn’t love donuts? With modern technology we can now make our own donuts at home. Homemade donuts are healthier safer than using a donut fryer. There are many products out there that can help with this endeavor, each offering their own advantages.
These products allow making donuts easier and safer. With so many quality products, it’s hard to choose which is best for you. These reviews will set you on the right path to choosing the donut maker that best suits your needs.
There are various factors you must consider. Versatility is essential, as you want to be able to make multiple donuts at one time. Frying capabilities must be safe and splatter-free to ensure a clean work space. The product should be compact, easy to store and easy to clean.
This review will evaluate the pros and cons of the top 10 best donut makers in 2019 on the market. Many things are taken into consideration: Price, technology, ease of access and customer opinion.
With these donut makers, making donuts at home can be just as convenient as buying them from your favorite café or bakery.
Table of Contents
- 10. Babycakes Mini Donut Maker
- 9. Chef Buddy Hot Donut Maker
- 8. Tasty Treats FPSBTTDDM625 Dozen Donut Maker
- 7. Brentwood TS-250 Donut Maker
- 6. Holstein Housewares HF-09004M Fun Mini Doughnut Maker
- 5. Sunbeam FPSBMDM970 Multi Plate Dessert Maker
- 4. Bella Cucina 13466 Donut Maker
- 3. Betty Crocker BC-2938CO Mini Donut Maker
- 2. Sunbeam 2in1 Multi Plate Mini Donut Maker
- 1. Babycakes Nonstick Coated Donut Maker
- Which Donut Maker Should You Buy?
10. Babycakes Mini Donut Maker
This donut maker is small and extremely easy to operate. It has a great combination of safety features, overall performance and a solid warranty. This little guy makes 4 mini donuts at a time and has a non-stick coating.
It has 500 watts of cooking power, comes with a power light and a latching handle. Since it is so small, storage shouldn’t be an issue. It only takes about 2 minutes to cook each batch of mini donuts and comes with a year warranty.
- Has all the necessary safety features
- Great size for storage
- Extra fast cooking time
- Very low-cost
- Doesn’t come with any accessories
- They only make 4 mini donuts and may not be suitable for making large batches of donuts
9. Chef Buddy Hot Donut Maker
The Chef Buddy has a surface heating time of only 3 minutes and in no time you can make up to 7 mini donuts in less than 2 minutes. It also has a nonstick surface for easy cleaning. Two lights on the product tell you when it is heated to temperature and when the batch of donuts is done.
This donut maker comes with a really cool feature: It has a flip-over feature, which means it can be picked up halfway through the cooking process and turned over, to ensure the cooking of the donuts is consistent.
- Awesome flip-over feature
- Cooks 7 mini donuts
- Very quick cooking time
- Doesn’t have a locking lid, for safety
- Has no warranty or technical support
8. Tasty Treats FPSBTTDDM625 Dozen Donut Maker
This bad boy can cook up to 12 mini donuts in a single batch, almost double the amount of most donut makers. There is a locking lid for safety and non-skid rubber feet. The product also comes with some nice donut recipes to try.
It only takes about a minute to cook a batch of donuts on this product. There is also a “ready to cook” indicator light and it only takes about 3 minutes to heat up. This product is ideal for families, as it cooks a large batch in a very short amount of time.
- Cooks 12 mini donuts at a time
- Median priced
- Cooks in about 1 minute
- Doesn’t have much technical support
- Customer report occasional inconsistent cooking
7. Brentwood TS-250 Donut Maker
This product features 750 watts of power, a nonstick surface and a cool-touch housing and handle. This is one of the smallest donut makers on the list, making it ideal for small storage spaces. It also comes in a very cute color.
Even though it’s small in size, it can still cook up to 7 mini donuts in about 2 minutes. There are 2 indicator lights: One to tell you the power is on, one to tell you it is preheating.
- One year warranty
- Quick cooking
- Easily stored
- Doesn’t come with accessories
- Can cook relatively uneven
- Doesn’t have a locking lid
6. Holstein Housewares HF-09004M Fun Mini Doughnut Maker
This Holstein Housewares donut maker is a great bang-for-your-buck product. It’s affordable, compact and can cook up to 6 mini donuts in one batch. It also comes in 2 different really cute colors: Magenta and teal.
It takes less than 3 minutes to heat up and just over 2 minutes to cook. It has numerous safety features, including cool-touch handles, non-skid rubber feet and a locking lid. The user guide comes with recipes.
- Has lots of safety features
- Impressive technical support
- Lacks a good warranty
- Non-stick surface is lacking
- No additional accessories
5. Sunbeam FPSBMDM970 Multi Plate Dessert Maker
This product is absolutely adorable. You can make either donuts or brownies with the interchangeable plates and cooks evenly in less than 6 minutes. It’s affordable and features a non-stick surface.
Since the plates are interchangeable, it makes for an easy cleaning process. There is an on/off light indicator and you can make up to 6 mini donuts at a time.
- Interchangeable plates for brownies or donuts
- Cooks evenly
- Doesn’t cook as many as some other products
- Takes a bit longer to cook than other products
4. Bella Cucina 13466 Donut Maker
With this donut maker, you can make up to 7 mini donuts per batch. It has a non-stick surface and is adequately priced. It comes with a booklet full of recipes, and also features a cool-touch housing and handle.
This product cooks consistently and is easy to use. It is lightweight and easy to store. It has two lights: One to let you know the power is on, the other to let you know it’s ready to cook. It takes up to 3 minutes to heat up and only takes 2-3 minutes to cook an entire batch.
- Comes with recipes
- Heats up and cooks quickly
- Has adequate safety features
- Customers state that this product sometimes cook inconsistently
- Has a median price in comparison to others
3. Betty Crocker BC-2938CO Mini Donut Maker
This affordable donut maker by Better Crocker provides 7 evenly baked mini donuts in about 1 minute. It has a non-stick cooking surface and takes about 2 minutes to heat up. For safety, it has cool-touch handles, non-skid rubber feet and convenient cord storage.
It comes with a one-year warranty, along with technical support. The product also comes with a mixing spatula, a decorative icing kit and 5 unique recipes for homemade donuts.
- Evenly cooks in a very short time
- Comes with accessories
- Great warranty and technical support
- Doesn’t come with a locking lid for safety
- Not as cheap as some of the other options on the list
2. Sunbeam 2in1 Multi Plate Mini Donut Maker
This versatile donut maker has interchangeable molds that you can use to make either donuts or brownies. It cooks very consistently and takes about 5 minutes per batch to cook. It has a non-stick cooking surface and can cook 6 donuts at one time.
The red and green lights on the lid tell you when it’s ready to cook and when the batches are done. It also comes with a really cook removable cooking surface that makes cleanup extremely easy. It has cool-touch handles, non-skid rubber feet and a locking lid.
- Reasonably priced
- Cool interchangeable molds
- Really easy cleanup
- Little to no technical support
- Comes with no accessories
1. Babycakes Nonstick Coated Donut Maker
Babycakes is back at again with this great little donut maker. It produces perfect, evenly cooked mini donuts and is also loaded with safety features. It has cool-touch handles, non-skid rubber feet and a locking lid.
This donut maker can cook up to 6 mini donuts in 1 minute. They cook consistently and heat-up time is only about 3 minutes. It comes with a fork tool and a wire cooling rack to make removing the donuts as easy as possible. It also comes with donut recipes and a standard one-year warranty.
- Consistent, high-quality cooking
- Extremely quick cooking times
- Doesn’t cook a large amount at once
- The cooking surface cannot be removed for easy clean-up
Which Donut Maker Should You Buy?
The most important qualities of a donut maker are time to cook, how many you can cook and the quality of cooking. All of the donut makers on this review list are here for a reason. There are incredible safety features and great cooking qualities for each product.
If you’re looking for the best bang-for-your-buck, with all the basic bells and whistles, you’ll want to purchase the Babycakes Donut Maker. It is affordable, cooks a decent amount of donuts at a fast time and the quality of the donuts is impeccable.
Ask yourself what you need the most in a donut maker and do your research accordingly. Choose the best option based on your needs and get baking! Lastly, and most importantly, enjoy your freshly baked donuts!