Does your dog love getting dirty? Most dogs enjoy active walks and rolling around in the grass. While the dogs may be happy with their smell and appearance, their owners may not be.
There are many washes available for your canine companion to meet their specific cleaning needs. Whether you are looking for a medicated or all natural product there are many available for purchase.
Below we’ll review a top 10 best dog shampoos in the marketplace in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. Fresh Dog Waterless Bath Foam Shampoo
- 9. Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo
- 8. EZ Groom Crystal White Dog Shampoo
- 7. FURminator deShedding Ultra Premium Shampoo
- 6. EZ Groom Crystal White Dog Shampoo
- 5. Vet Recommended Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
- 4. SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Shampoo
- 3. Pet Pleasant Natural Pet Shampoo For Dogs
- 2. Earthbath All Natural Shampoo
- 1. OxGord Natural Oatmeal Dog-Shampoo
- Which Dog Shampoo Should You Buy?
10. Fresh Dog Waterless Bath Foam Shampoo
Fresh Dog Waterless Bath Foam Shampoo is a great option for keeping your canine companion clean between true baths. Fresh Dog Waterless Bath Foam Shampoo comes in a 6 ounce container and is made in the USA. It will clean all fur types and does not leave a sticky residue behind.
Those dog owners who need to keep their dog smelling clean between washes will find Fresh Dog Waterless Bath Foam Shampoo an ideal fit for between bath needs. The gentle formula will repel dirt but also not interfere with any existing flea or tick topical treatments.
This waterless bath foam is also ideal for dogs that may have had a recent surgery and are unable to participate in a regular bath routine. To use simply work this foam into your dog’s coat and then towel it off. Fresh Dog Waterless Bath Foam Shampoo currently has a three and a half star customer review status on Amazon and retails for $12.00.
- Made in the USA
- Great for between bath cleanings
- Pleasant citrus scent
- True baths are still required
- Only available in small bottle
9. Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo
Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo is recommended for dogs suffering from dermatitis, skin allergies and sensitive skin. If you discover that your dog suffers from skin conditions this dog shampoo comes highly recommended with a four and a half star amazon customer rating.
Antiseptic foaming solution retails for about $22 a bottle and comes with a light grapefruit scent. It is important to apply a thorough coat of this shampoo and lather into your dog’s fur. Let the shampoo rest on your canine companion for five to ten minutes.
After it has had a chance to sit on the skin and create a protective and nourishing coat it is time to rinse the shampoo off. Chlorhexidine has strong antiseptic activity and is formulated to help treat dogs with multiple skin conditions.
- Moisturizing formula helps a wide variety of skin ailments
- Recommended by many vets
- Helps eliminate pesky skin conditions
- Recommended only for dogs with skin conditions
- Must rest on hair for 5 to 10 minutes prior to washing off
8. EZ Groom Crystal White Dog Shampoo
EZ Groom Crystal White Dog Shampoo comes in a gallon sized container. This product must be diluted in an 8 to 1 ratio. It can be used on all hair types and can also be used on cats. It is remarkable in removing tear, urine and soil stains. This is a coconut based cleaning agent that has a 4 and a half star customer review status.
It retails for about $16 per gallon sized bottle. The natural enzymes formulated in EZ Groom Concentrated Dog Shampoo easily digest protein based stains. EZ Groom Crystal White dog Shampoo is formulated with color enhancing dog and cat shampoo technology.
- Gallon sized concentrated dog shampoo for a low cost
- Eliminates a variety of stains
- Coconut based
- Can be used on Cats and Dogs
- Concentrated and must be diluted
- Will not treat sensitive skin conditions
7. FURminator deShedding Ultra Premium Shampoo
FURminator deShedding Ultra Premium Shampoo is available in a 16 ounce bottle that retails for about $7 and a 32 ounce bottle that retails for about $25. FURminator deshedding shampoo has a four and a half star amazon customer review rating. This canine shampoo helps to reduce shedding.
It is formulated with omega 3, papaya leaf extract, calendula extract and 6 fatty acids that all promote a healthy coat and skin. This dog wash can be used monthly to help maintain a clean grooming routine. This shampoo can be used on dogs over six weeks of age.
- Cost effective
- Available in two container sizes
- Safe for dogs over 6 weeks old
- Not safe for cats
- Requires regular use to see shedding improvements
6. EZ Groom Crystal White Dog Shampoo
EZ Groom Crystal White Dog Shampoo comes in a 16 ounce bottle that has a three and a half star amazon customer review rating. This dog shampoo retails for about $17 and requires dilution as it is a eight to one concentrate.
EZ Groom Crystal White dog shampoo works on all hair colors and is formulated with heat activated enzyme that will remove tears, saliva and stains from the fur. It is also designed with fur enhancing optical brighteners.
- Concentrated formula provides a lot of product for the money
- Optical enhancers produce clean and healthy hair
- Heat activated enzymes remove dirt and stains
- Does not have a built in conditioner
- Can leave skin slightly dry
- Not available internationally
5. Vet Recommended Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
Vet Recommended Oatmeal Dog Shampoo currently has a four and a half star amazon customer review rating and retails for about $10 a bottle. This dog shampoo is formulated with a built in conditioner to provide optimal moisturizing for your dog’s hair and skin.
This oatmeal based dog shampoo is designed to provide the best wash and condition without stripping your dog’s fur of its essential oils or topical flea and tick treatments. Vet Recommended Oatmeal Dog Shampoo is a tear free wash that will soothe dogs’ skin that is affected by insect bites and various allergies.
- Not tested on animals
- Eco-friendly solution that has little impact on the environment
- Eco-safe packaging comprised of recycled materials
- Good for all hair types including sensitive skin
4. SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Shampoo
SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula Shampoo is a 16 ounce bottle of shampoo that retails for just under $8 and has a four and a half star amazon customer review rating. This is a medicated shampoo that helps relieve Mange and other parasitic infections.
SynergyLabs Veterinary Formula shampoo is used to fight against fungal and bacterial skin infections that plague some dogs. This is a not a wash that is intended to be part of a regular grooming regime for dogs who are not suffering from severe skin and fur conditions.
This wash will also decrease inflamed scalp, greasy or waxy skin, red skin rashes and scaly skin. SynergyLabs Veterinary products are all created cruelty free. These non-toxic shampoos are also mostly dye free, paraben free and soap free. All SynergyLabs products are made in the USA.
- Used to treat dogs suffering from skin diseases
- Made in the USA
- Cruelty Free
- Cost effective skin and hair treatment
- Not for washing healthy skin and fur
- Cannot be used on cats
3. Pet Pleasant Natural Pet Shampoo For Dogs
Pet Pleasant Natural Pet Shampoo For Dogs has a four and a half star amazon customer rating and retails for just under $10. This is a safe and natural deodorizing shampoo for both dogs and cats. Pet Pleasant natural pet shampoos are sulfate and paraben free.
This pet wash is formulated with primrose and lavender which are natural deodorizers. It is also created with a coconut oil base that promotes naturally conditioned skin and hair.
Pet Pleasant natural pet shampoos come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. This wash is made in the USA and is safe to incorporate as part of a regular grooming routine for both cats and dogs.
- Safe for dogs and cats over 6 weeks of age
- All natural
- Made in the USA
- Not formulated for animals with skin conditions
- Not formulated with included conditioner
2. Earthbath All Natural Shampoo
Earthbath All Natural Shampoo has a four and a half star amazon customer review rating and retails for just under $10 a bottle. This dog shampoo comes in a 16 ounce bottle that is 100% biodegradable and cruelty free.
Earthbath all natural shampoo is formulated free of DEA, parabens, phosphates, synthetic dyes, and perfumes. This is not a tear free shampoo but it is safe for dogs over six weeks of age and is safe to use on cats and kittens as well.
- All natural and cruelty free
- Great smelling dog and cat safe shampoo
- Good for sensitive skin
- Not formulated for severe skin conditions
- Does not repel fleas or ticks
1. OxGord Natural Oatmeal Dog-Shampoo
OxGord Natural Oatmeal Dog-Shampoo comes in a 20 ounce bottle and has a four and a half star amazon customer review rating. The average cost for this medicated shampoo is about $14 per bottle.
OxGord natural oatmeal dog shampoo is safe for both cats and dogs and can be used for puppies and kittens over six weeks of age. This is a tear free formulated shampoo that is made with all natural ingredients and is paraben free, cruelty free and the bottle is made from 100% recycled ingredients.
Simply wash your dog as normal in a tub or shower and create a thick lather with this shampoo. Thoroughly wash off and towel dry your pet. This shampoo can be used as part of a regular cleaning routine to help sooth minor itches and skin conditions your pets may be suffering from.
This is not recommended for severe skin and hair diseases.
- Eco-friendly packaging
- Safe for puppies and kittens
- Made in the USA
- Cannot treat major skin conditions
- Cannot treat major fur conditions or repel fleas and ticks
Which Dog Shampoo Should You Buy?
As you can see, there are many types of dog and cat shampoos to meet the needs for various conditions. The best shampoo to treat serious skin and fur conditions is the Douxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo. It is vet recommended and proven to show success in soothing dogs suffering from many skin diseases.
The best shampoo to incorporate into a typical cleaning routine is the Earthbath All Natural Shampoo. This shampoo is dog and cat safe and a great value for the wallet. With all of this information you will be able to make the best washing decision for your furry companion.