One thing no one should ever be without is a cordless drill. Especially if you are a project person like me, who likes to work around the house, and make sure everything has a place, screws are all tightened, and repairs are all made. It’s the handyman in me.
There are just some things that cannot be done with a screwdriver, especially when safety is concerned. For instance, ever try hanging pictures on a wall with a screwdriver?
Not safe! But, with a cordless drill, not only can you get the job done right-safely, but fast too, giving you more time to do other repairs or projects around the house, with all ten fingers still intact.
What You Might Want To Consider When Buying A Cordless Drill
First, hold the drill in your hand like a gun, with your pointer finger resting on the trigger. Does it fit firmly in your hand? Is it light enough for you to extend your arm out comfortably? Does it match your shoes? Just kidding.
If you answered yes, to the first two questions, then you might want to consider purchasing this drill, since every household has something, that only a drill can fix!
We’ve reviewed the top 10 best cordless power drill drivers on the market in 2018 to help you pick the right one.
Table of Contents
- What You Might Want To Consider When Buying A Cordless Drill
- 10. Genesis GCD18BK 18 Volt Cordless Variable Speed Drill
- 9. Dewalt DC825B 1/4-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Impact Driver
- 8. Craftsman C3 19.2 Volt Drill and Impact Driver
- 7. Dewalt MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 inch Compact Drill
- 6. Black & Decker 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill
- 5. Black & Decker BDEDMT Matrix AC Drill
- 4. Black & Decker 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill
- 3. Black & Decker 12-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill
- 2. Black & Decker LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill
- 1. Dewalt DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill
- Which Cordless Power Drill Driver Should You Buy?
10. Genesis GCD18BK 18 Volt Cordless Variable Speed Drill
This drill not only looks great, but will also do a great job on a variety of repairs around the house, and the price is very affordable.
measures 12 x 11 x 4 inches, weighs 7 lbs. and includes Drill, battery, charger, 13 pc. set of drill/driver bits and a hard shell storage case.
- 3/8 inch keyless chuck
- Variable speed up to 550 RPM
- 16 position torque
- An electric brake
- Non-slip rubberized pistol grip
- Built-in LED Light
- An onboard bubble Level
- Very affordable price
- Has a magnetic tray so you won’t lose your bits
- Looks very powerful
- Not a well-known brand
- Not the best quality
9. Dewalt DC825B 1/4-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Impact Driver
This drill can tackle a broad range of fastening applications and handle almost all your household projects, in one shot!
measures 6.69 x 5.75 x 4.13, weighs 2.2 lbs. and includes drill only, battery and charger sold separately.
- High-powered frameless motor
- XRP extended run-time battery system
- Variable-speed trigger
- Compact size and weight
- Brushes can be replaced for greater serviceability
- Textured anti-slip comfort grip
- Up to 2,400 RPM
- Very small and lightweight
- Has 88% positive reviews
- Designed with a frameless motor to extend tool durability and life
- Batteries and charger are sold separately
- Doesn’t have a torque adjustment
8. Craftsman C3 19.2 Volt Drill and Impact Driver
These tools got the power to do a great job on small and large projects.
measures 12.4 x 10.1 x 7.9 inches, weighs 9.7 lbs. and includes: ½ inch drill driver, Impact driver with ¼ inch quick connect, 2 batteries, charger and carrying bag.
- 21-position, adjustable torque clutch
- up to 300 lbs. of torque
- ½ inch single-sleeve, keyless chuck
- 2-speed gearbox
- 3-speeds for better fastening controls
- 3- LED lights
- 1750 inch-lb. torque
- 1/4 inch auto-loading chuck!
- Micro-textured grip
- Light stays on 6 seconds after releasing trigger
- Trigger activated, speed control feature
- Allows tightening bits by hand, without key
- No magnetic bit holder
- A bit heavy
7. Dewalt MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 inch Compact Drill
Use this high-performance drill to do a variety of fastening and drilling applications.
Measures 13.9 x 9.9 x 4.2 inches, weighs 3.6 lbs. and includes drill, charger, 2 batteries and case.
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and control
- 2 speeds: 0-450 and 1,500 rpm
- 380 unit watts out
- Designed to fit in tight areas
- ½ inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck that
- ½ inch tightening hurl
- Tight bit gripping strength
- Light stays on 10 seconds after releasing trigger
- Small and light
- No belt or bit holder but has a place for both
- All made in China, therefore, hard to get parts
6. Black & Decker 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill
prevents overdriving and stripping screws, provides extra levels of control, and it’s ready when you are.
measures 8.9 x 4 x 7.8 inches, weighs 4.2 lbs. and includes drill, battery, charger, 6 brad point drill bits, 10-1 inch screw driving bits, 9-2 inch screw driving bits, 4 nut drivers and magnetic bit tip holder.
- 750 RPM
- 24 position clutch
- Battery stays charged for up to 18 months
- Includes 30 accessories
- Can drill and drive screws through metal, wood, and plastic
- Soft grip handle for extra comfort
- High quality at a very affordable price
- Long lasting battery
- Includes many accessories
- No case
- Only one battery
5. Black & Decker BDEDMT Matrix AC Drill
The Black & Decker BDEDMT is a corded drill that provides constant power without having to charge any batteries.
measures 10.5 x 3 x 10.9 inches, weighs 3.8 lbs. and includes base drilling/driver matrix attachment, and one double-sided bit tip.
- 4.0 Amp Motor
- Matrix Quick Connect System
- 11 Position clutch
- Matrix Quick Connect System that adds a tool-free change
- Compact, lightweight, and designed to tackle those hard to reach areas with less exertion
- You never have to charge batteries
- It’s very lightweight and compact
- Looks great for a very affordable price
- It is corded, need I say more?
- Could have higher rpm
4. Black & Decker 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill
You will enjoy the comfort of the soft grip handle this, “Always Ready” drill provides, as well as, the long-lasting battery life.
measures 19.5 x 3.6 x 13.6 inches, weighs 9.6 lbs. and includes Drill, 1 battery, charger, 66 hand tools and accessories and Carrying Bag.
- position clutch that provides extra control to prevent stripping and overdriving screws
- Battery stays charged for up to 18 months
- Includes 66 hand tools and accessories
- Head can be changed to do a variety of tasks
- Offers several different Ratchet/Speed Settings
- Can drill through concrete
- Weight is a bit heavy
- Only 1 battery
3. Black & Decker 12-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill
Ideal for household jobs like changing hardware, hanging pictures, or even building furniture and so much more. I’m sure you already have your projects already in mind.
measures 10.6 x 2.6 x 8.9 inches. weighs 1 lb., and includes drill, battery, and charger.
- Lithium-ion battery holds charge longer between use and has longer cycle life
- 11-position clutch provides precise control
- Compact and lightweight
- Variable speed allows countersinking without damaging material
- Anti-slip soft grip provides comfort when using the drill
- Compact and very lightweight
- Stays charged longer than most models
- Can drill into metal, wood, and plastic
- Doesn’t come with a carrying bag
- Only comes with one battery
2. Black & Decker LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill
The BLACK+DECKER LDX120C stays charged extra long so you can get all your handyman work done without recharging batteries.
measures 19.5 x 3.6 x 13.6 inches, weighs 9.6 lbs., and includes: drill, battery, 66 hand tools and accessories, and carrying bag.
- Always-Ready Lithium-Ion Battery can stay charged for approximately 18 months
- 11 Position clutch to give you more control and make sure stripping and overdriving screws is prevented
- Includes 66 hand tools and accessories
- Includes carrying bag
- Variety of wood drilling tools
- Holds an extra long charge
- Handles of the tools are great for firm grip
- Can only be used for small jobs
- No carry case
1. Dewalt DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill
Delivers maximum power and is constructed to minimize fatigue so you can do some serious work around the house.
measures 14.8 x 13.5 x 4.7 inches, weighs 4.7 lbs. and includes: drill, charger, 2 batteries and bag
- High-performance motor that delivers 380 unit watts of power out (UWO)
- Lightweight design to minimize fatigue
- High-speed transmissions that have 2 speeds: 0-450 and 1,500 rpm
- Compact to fit into tight, hard to reach spots
- A ½ inch single-sleeve, keyless chuck
- Can leave battery on charger without damaging it
- Small and light making it easy to handle
- Has dual speed transmissions
- No built-in light
- Comes with a one-hour charger
Which Cordless Power Drill Driver Should You Buy?
So, there you have it, ten of the best drills on the market today, all for very affordable prices, you probably won’t find anywhere else.
When it comes to buying a drill, you really can’t go wrong by purchasing any one of the above, since, they will all get the job done right. Although they have different features and accessories, which you can decide what best suits your needs and desires.
Which would I choose? I would have to say number four, the BLACK+DECKER LDX120PK 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Drill, since it includes 66 tools and more, which, is an unbelievable value, considering the great price.
One thing to keep in mind is that these drills go fast, so I suggest you get yours now, while they are still available at these prices. To purchase, click the name of the drill you are interested in.
Good luck with your new drill, and may all your projects get through!