Picking the right kind of coffee urn is something you really need to think about because you have to take every chance to get as much coffee as your events as possible.
There are a lot of people who expect to have coffee, and you will be able to use the urn any time you need, and you can keep it at the office or use it for parties. You have far too many options at your disposal when you are using these urns, and you need to start thinking about how it will work.
How to Choose The Best Coffee Urn For You
The things that you are looking for include the way that you program it, how it will work in a large setting, how big it is and how it is powered.
Coffee urns come in an array of sizes, so you’ll first need to consider how much adequate counter space you have. Look at the sizes and weights of the coffee urns you’re interested in to ensure that they’ll be a good fit in your kitchen. Plus, you won’t let them look presentable and like they’re meant to be there, rather than squeezing one into a tiny space.
You also have the option of storing your coffee urn in a cupboard while it’s not in use, but this could soon become a pain if you have to sort out your cupboards every day to use it. But, if you only plan on using the coffee urn every so often, make sure you’ve got enough space to store the unit while it’s not in use to avoid taking up unnecessary counter space.
How many cups of coffee would you like your unit to make? If you make 10 cups of coffee a day, a larger unit might be a more convenient and stress-free option, although households with less people could suffice with a smaller unit. Or, if it’s just for you, a single-serve coffee urn could be a great choice and for a lower cost.
High-end coffee urns can come with numerous programs and features to customize your coffee-making experience, although these aren’t always necessary for everyone owner.
If you want your coffee prepared at a certain time every day, a programmable setting automates when your coffee is made. You can adjust these settings as and when you need them if you like to have a lie-in some days or don’t plan to drink coffee in the summer.
Also, if you like your coffee grounds as fresh as possible, you can purchase a unit with a built-in grinder that ensures you always have fresh ground beans in your hot drink. There is the option to purchase this separately, although having one built-in is more convenient and reduces the amount of space it takes up.
Having an auto shut-off feature is great for safety reasons. We’ve all had times when we’ve woken up late and had to leave the house in a rush, but leaving your coffee urn on can be a huge safety hazard. Knowing that your unit will switch off by itself if you’ve accidentally left it on reduces your anxiety throughout the day.
Finally, another popular feature is a steamer and frother. Consider how you like your milk, and if that’s steamed or frothed, invest in a coffee urn with this feature built into it. It might bump up your price but will improve your coffee’s taste. However, if you only drink black coffee, this isn’t a necessary feature.
The Top 10 Best Coffee Urns To Purchase
Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best coffee urns on the market in 2019.
Table of Contents
- How to Choose The Best Coffee Urn For You
- The Top 10 Best Coffee Urns To Purchase
- 10. Cookinex Stainless Steel Urn Electric Coffee Maker
- 9. West Bend 43536 Aluminum 36-Cup Commercial Coffee Urn
- 8. Nesco CU-50 Stainless Steel Coffee Urn
- 7. West Bend 55 Cup Commercial Stainless Steel Coffeemaker
- 6. Nesco CU-30 Professional Coffee Urn
- 5. Continental Electric CP43699 30-Cup Stainless Steel Single Coffee Wall Urn
- 4. Hamilton Beach D50065 Commercial 60-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Urn
- 3. Hamilton Beach 40540 Brew Station 40-Cup Coffee Urn
- 2. Hamilton Beach 40515 42-Cup Coffee Urn
- 1. West Bend 58002 Automatic Party Perk Coffee Urn
- Which Coffee Urn Should You Buy?
10. Cookinex Stainless Steel Urn Electric Coffee Maker
This coffee urn is the most basic on the list, but it is electric so that you can keep it going for as long as you need it to. You just plug it in, and then you will be able to make the device run for hours if you need.
This is a great product for people who are going to be working events, or you can make coffee for the office and leave it right there where everyone can get to it.
- It is very easy to use in an office or at a party
- It is electric and easy to power
- It is has a simple spigot
- It might be too simple for you
- You might need more capacity
9. West Bend 43536 Aluminum 36-Cup Commercial Coffee Urn
This is a basic West End model that will work for you when you do not need a lot of frills. Everyone needs to make sure that they can get something that will look its best should get this stainless steel model.
You might not realize it, but you just need something that is going to let out the coffee and be light. You can plug this one in today, and it will weigh nothing when you need to move it around the office or at a party.
- The aluminum body is very light
- The unit is easy to plug in and turn on
- The coffee will stay warm for hours if it needs to
- The unit might be too small for you
- You might want something with more heft
8. Nesco CU-50 Stainless Steel Coffee Urn
This basic urn from Nesco comes in stainless steel so that you will be able to set it up and not have to clean it, but you also have to make sure that you have figured out how you will be able to fill it up quickly.
It has the simple top that you can pull things off of with no problem. It is very important that you know how to use the lid so that you can full it back up when you need to, and you can see the monitor so that you can get the idea of how much coffee is left.
- The basic model is easy to use
- The basic model gives you a gauge so that you can see how much coffee is left
- The model is stainless steel and easy to care for
- The design might be too simple for you
- It might not be big enough for your needs
7. West Bend 55 Cup Commercial Stainless Steel Coffeemaker
This West End model is so big that is can serve a lot more people every day with its 55 cup capacity. You need to make sure that you have taken a look at this device to see how it works. You can make coffee in this thing with no problem, and you can keep making coffee for as long as you want.
It is the only kind of coffeemaker you should use when you know that you have to get a lot of coffee out as soon as possible. This will help you set up for every party easily.
- The capacity is more than enough for any large function
- The stainless steel body is very easy to clean
- It can make coffee so your job is easy
- You might not want a true coffeemaker
- You might want something smaller
6. Nesco CU-30 Professional Coffee Urn
The Nesco professional urn is a large model that was made for people just like you who have to put out so much coffee that you can never count it. It was made with the same stainless steel configuration that you need, and it will help you put out many cups of coffee every day.
This one is great for parties, and you can use it in large meeting places where you need it most. It will serve even the most needy coffee drinkers.
- The stainless steel is very easy to clean
- The body is so large that it can serve anyone
- The design is very easy to understand and use
- You might not want something so big
- You might want something that is less complex
5. Continental Electric CP43699 30-Cup Stainless Steel Single Coffee Wall Urn
Using the Continental electric will be a much better decision for you when you are trying to make sure that you can get the best results from your coffee urn.
This one is smaller than some of the others, but it will help you because it will give you just enough coffee to drink without making you feel like you do not have enough. This is perfect for the family gathering or it will work in a small office.
- This device is just the right size for a lot of family gatherings
- This device still is made of stainless steel
- The device will be easy to turn on and off
- This might be too small for you
- You might want to have something with more controls
4. Hamilton Beach D50065 Commercial 60-Cup Stainless-Steel Coffee Urn
The Hamilton Beach commercial model gives you 60 cups of coffee at the right temperature, and you need to be sure that you have picked this when you needed something that would work at a large gathering.
This is the perfect thing for someone who is working on events all the time, and it will make it much easier for you to get what you need when you know that you have a lot of people coming who will need coffee.
- This machine will be big enough for even the largest meeting
- It is very easy to use because it was made for professionals
- It has a very easy setup to carry
- The design might be too big for you
- The design might be too awkward for you to use
3. Hamilton Beach 40540 Brew Station 40-Cup Coffee Urn
The Brew Station from Hamilton Brach is the perfect kind of device because it will help you brew the right kind of coffee, and it will not brew too much. That means that people will be able to get the most coffee at a meeting without doing too much, and they will be able to set up this device in seconds.
You need to consider how easy it will be to use because it was made by a company that wants you to get your coffee easily.
- This is just the right size for most people
- This is not the kind of urn you use at a larger function
- It will work great even if you are a novice
- You might need something a lot larger
- You might want something with more controls
2. Hamilton Beach 40515 42-Cup Coffee Urn
You can step up to the 42 cup urn if you need to have something that you will need. You know that you need to make sure that you can get something that will make your life easier, and it will be bigger if you have a lot of people coming to see you. You just need to make sure that you have tried this one when you want to step up a little.
- This model will be just a little bigger than some others you might have used
- The design is very elegant and will look good anywhere
- It is electric and comes with nice control
- It might be too small
- It might be too complex for you
1. West Bend 58002 Automatic Party Perk Coffee Urn
This is the most versatile device on the list. You can set it to make as many of the cups of coffee as you want. You can set it up to make a small amount, or you can set it up to make a large amount.
It will work at any party, and it will help you when you know that you have to figure out how you will get everyone their coffee.
- This is a very professional device
- This is great for events that vary in size
- This is good for people who need have some versatility at home
- You might want something bigger
- You might want to have less controls
Which Coffee Urn Should You Buy?
You can pick from a lot of different things on this list, and you need to be sure that you have figured out how you can get just one that will work for you. You have a couple options, and you need to be sure that you have picked one that you will use often.
You cannot go wrong with the West Bend, which was made for parties, but it is also possible that you could for the Hamilton Beach brew stations that are much more simple. Any of them will serve you well, and you should make sure that you have considered what kind of functions you are hosting.
People who just work in an office need to think bigger, but people who throw parties can get something just for parties.