We spend a lot of time in our cars. However, whether it is a sedan, truck, or luxury automobile, cars are an essential way of getting around. For something forming a large part of modern life, it is of the essence to monitor cars, for both their safety and that of the occupants. Fortuitously, technology is growing every day.
Table of Contents
The Benefits of a GPS Car Tracking Device
Excellent Customer Service
GPS car tracking devices are a great way to keep control over where your packages and assets are to improve customer service. This means you can track the exact location of your packages at any time so you have peace of mind that they’re on their way to you.
Many online services offer this feature, which is a helpful way to keep an eye on your delivery and prevent the chances of it being lost or stolen. Plus, this can also prevent you staying in all day for a package that might not arrive for several hours yet.
Peace of Mind
A GPS car tracking device provides parents with great peace of mind when their children are away from home. If they’ve only recently passed their driver’s test or are in an area they’re unfamiliar with, knowing their location at all times can eliminate any anxiety. Although some individuals might feel this is an invasion of their privacy, it prevents parents from constantly ringing them for a location update.
This isn’t just a spying feature but is a great feature for business owners as well as parents. For example, you can keep a track on members of staff to ensure they’re responsibly using a company vehicle and not taking advantage of journeys.
One of the most popular reasons people purchase a GPS car tracking device is to monitor their vehicle’s location if it’s lost or stolen. You can track your vehicle’s location even if it’s on the other side of the country. This means you have a higher chance of retrieving your vehicle. On the other hand, you can place a sticker on your vehicle stating that it’s fitted with a tracker to deter thieves.
The 10 Best GPS Car Tracking Devices
Having known this, you may ask, which tracker is right for my needs? How do I get the best from these devices?
The simplest answer to all your questions is selecting the right GPS tracker for your car. High quality and reliable tracker will end your worries.
Check out the below top 10 best car GPS trackers of 2019.
10. Monster Magnetics Waterproof Case for Under Vehicle GPS Tracking
This car-tracking device entails a waterproof and weather protective magnetic enclosure. It has a sturdy case with an ultra-powerful neodymium magnet, which is reinforced with steel. It works well for covert GPS tracking applications. The case comes with a tab for an added layer of protection. Many law enforcement agencies utilize the device.
- One-year warranty on labor and parts
- The case is watertight
- Small in size and easily hidden
- Robust and reliable magnet
- It is shockproof
- The case is made of plastic
- A very powerful magnet, but not secured to the case adequately
9. Vehicle Car GPS Tracker 103B with Remote Control
This device comes as a car alarm in addition to being a GPS tracker. You can remotely engage or disengage the device remotely with an SMS. The device comes with a reliable remote controller. It offers two tracking options: Track by time interval or on command, all via SMS/GPRS.
The device provides a free car live tracking by a website. You can check the real physical address of your cars, such as the city and street names.
- You can use Google map’s URL to check the location
- Has a two-way talking function and voice monitoring function
- Strong build quality
- Has an alarm for power failure, ignition, movement, door open, and vibration
- No real-time tracking
- May require professional help for installations
- Requires SIM card updates
8. Tile (Gen 2) – Phone Finder. Key Finder
Tile is an easy-to-use app and tiny Bluetooth tracker, which is helpful in finding your phone, luggage, keys, or anything you mind losing. The device is super-efficient and responds in seconds. The device comes in a small size, which makes it easy to put in your pocket or tag.
The device is very durable, and that makes it more useful around the house and outdoors. It is waterproof, sturdy, and simple. It is inconspicuous to those with ill intentions.
- Simple and appropriately designed application
- Small, lightweight and easily hidden
- Has a new functionality, Find Your Phone
- The battery is not removable
- It is intended mostly for key rings
7. MOTOsafety OBD with 3G GPS Service
This tracking device enables you to set up specific area zones. If the car strays out of the zone, you will be notified via SMS. It offers 100% accuracy for vehicle monitoring. You can check the direction, location, traffic, speed, and more through Google maps. Installing the device requires no expertise, and it takes only a few seconds.
- You will get a driver’s report card every day
- You can route replay to see where the car was throughout the day
- It has a Find My Car functionality for locating purposes
- Real-time alerts
- Set speed limits
- The option of setting speed limit thresholds may fail at times
- The acceleration signals are super sensitive
6. Grikey GPS/GSM/GPRS Vehicle Car Tracker System
This device is not only a GPS tracker. It has an alarm, which features full remote functionality. You can hook it up to your fuel pump to cut the fuel off and shut down the vehicle remotely. The tracker will sense when one turns your car on. It offers real-time messaging for efficiency and safety.
Since the device has no SIM lock, it is compatible with any GSM. You can incorporate an app in your smartphone to access real-time map tracking.
- Has a vibrator sensor to notify you when your vehicle is hit
- It is connectable with an external microphone to listen to the conversations in your car
- It has a door switch to let you know when the doors are opened
- Compatible with Google maps for easy tracking
- The administrator password can be reset using one code, which can be sent from any phone by anyone
- The GPS may drift at times, and the speed is unrealistic
5. Linxup OBD with 3G GPS Service & GPS System
This device works for fleets, personal, and companies vehicles for GPS tracking. The tracker can help you identify the location of your driver. You can also remotely reduce fuel usage as well as review driving history. The GPS system is web-based. Thus, it offers real-time vehicle tracking. You can access GPS details on stops, direction, and speed, and much more.
- Quick and easy installation
- Detailed reporting
- It is car powered
- Money-back guarantee
- The information about it insufficient
- It is less discrete: It is small, but the small led light must be positioned well to be detected
4. Coban GPS 102A Real Time GPS Tracker GSM/GPRS System
This GPS tracker is excellent for setting at the exact position, regardless of the strength of the signal. The device works even in areas, which have a limited sky view like urban canyons.
It supports a single location and continuous vehicle tracking. You can location-trigger it from your phone remotely. The device supports remote voice monitoring and alarm.
You can use this tracker to keep tabs on your property, teen driver, senior driver, among other purposes.
- Excellent design. It is relatively small for discreteness
- Comes with two batteries, which can be recharged and a charger
- Has a powerful magnet
- It is waterproof
- Installation instructions are not clear to starters
- The case is cheaply manufactured
3. Real Time Hard Wired GPS Tracker
This GPS tracking device is effective for real-time monitoring, depending on the plan; for instance, the Platinum plan provides real-time alerts every three seconds: the device stores vehicle maintenance records, routing, and scheduling. The reports are user-friendly and can be downloaded, emailed, or printed.
The device will alert you when there is inactivity or power failure. You can also view
the live level of fuel in your vehicle.
- Provides an accurate GPS sending unit
- Easy installation and excellent tech support
- The packaging is very protective of the contents
- It comes with a lifetime warranty with an active account
- Easy installation with no wiring expertise needed
- It may fail to communicate with satellite in low-coverage areas
- Report generation at times may be faulty
2. Mobile Asset Solutions MT-OBD Live GPS Vehicle Tracker
The MAS OBD tracking device is a small GPS tracker, which plugs directly into an OBD port of any vehicle. The device requires no tools and wiring. Businesses can use the tracker to verify employee timesheets and customer billing. You can use it to monitor the location of aging and teen drivers.
- It efficiently records ignition events
- It provides zonal alerts for set areas
- It only takes a few minutes to install
- Alerting features such as for acceleration and exceeding the designated speed limit.
- During prime rush hours in the evening, it may fail to handle the alert volume demand efficiently
- It may drain your battery if your car is inactive for long
1. Optimus Real Time GPS Tracker
The Optimus tracker comes in a small size, which facilitates portability. It incorporates an internal motion sensor to help maximize the battery charge when inactive. You will receive alerts to the SMS number and email address of your choice when there is an impact on the central button of the device.
You can set alerts for over-speeding, when your car leaves or enters your designated areas or when the tracker’s battery requires charging.
- Quick and easy setup
- Reliable and on-time tracking information• It covers the whole of the USA and extends to other countries such as Europe, China, and Japan, among others
- The battery does not last for long
- The viewing is not too accurate. No turn by turn visuals, only straight lines
Which GPS Car Tracker Should You Buy?
GPS car trackers are essential commodities for people who want to monitor their loved ones, be it teen drivers or seniors. Besides, you can also prevent damage and theft of your property. Depending on your unique needs, you need to research well and read relevant reviews to learn the right GPS tracking device for you.
If you are worried about misplacing your commodities, the Tile tracker for finding keys and phones comes highly recommendable. The device is sleek in both look and feel. It incorporates a two-way finding feature.
If you want to enjoy the benefits of GPS trackers, proceed, find the one which suits your needs, and purchase it. Learn the detailed features of your choice of a tracker. See the one that I bought.