Bread machines are an integral part of our lives, and every morning, we start our days with it. People who do not own the best bread machines often travel to the nearest supermarket or to bakeries to get some fresh loaf of bread for them.
However, they may not get the bread of their choice and sometimes, may even be forced to buy the flavors they do not like.
A breadmaker can save you in such situations as you can prepare your bread in your kitchen even during odd hours. Additionally, you can experiment with your own recipes and get new tastes in your bread – note that most breadmakers also have options to cook a cake, jam, dough, and more.
Therefore, a bread maker is a necessity for most of the families to produce healthy and fresh bread of their choice.
Why Use Bread Machines?
It’s nice to know that you can get baked bread with a touch of a button. From delicious freshly baked bread loaf to gluten-free baguettes, there’s nothing like getting a bread while it’s still warm and fresh off from the oven.
However, outside of making your own bread at home, there aren’t many options where you can get this experience whenever you want to. This is where the bread maker machine comes into play.
While there is joy in eating a sandwich with bread that you made with your own hands, you can’t deny that working and kneading a bread dough can be troublesome; not to mention setting your oven in just the right temperature and baking the bread for just the right amount of time.
By using the best bread machine that you can find, you can have the satisfaction of making your own bread without all the hassle. If you have specific needs, there’s even a bread machine pizza dough capable variety.
Using a bread machine opens up a lot of possibilities aside from finally using that gluten-free bread machine recipe you’ve been meaning to try out. The best bread machines can bake many types of bread; even french bread.
If you’re going for a more health-conscious diet, you can find a whole wheat bread recipe that’s perfect for you. Trying to lose fat? There are also low carb bread recipes you can follow.
While planning to buy a bread maker, you should pay attention to the sizes it can produce, crust options, pre-programmed options, delay timer, any added features to improve the baking time and taste, backup options, and more.
Here, I can provide you with a list of top 10 best bread machines that can fit the needs of a family in 2019.
Table of Contents
- Why Use Bread Machines?
- 10. West Bend Loaf Programmable Breadmaker
- 9. Breadman 2 lb Professional Bread Maker
- 8. Hamilton Beach Programmable Bread Machine
- 7. Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker
- 6. Breadman TR520 Programmable Bread Maker
- 5. Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme 2lb. Loaf Breadmaker
- 4. Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
- 3. Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker
- 2. Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Bread Machine
- 1. Cuisinart CBK-100 2 LB Bread Maker
- Final Review of the Best Bread Machines
- See also:
10. West Bend Loaf Programmable Breadmaker
The programmable breadmaker can produce bread in three different loaf sizes of 1.5, 2, and 2.5 pounds. It comes with two paddles and offers even and thorough mixing, which produces excellent tasting bread for your various needs. The well-coated thin paddles help you make bread much faster than single paddle breadmakers.
The pan is also lighter, and you can easily remove and clean it without any issues. The breadmaker comes with 12 programmable settings or control options, and you can use it to prepare multiple bread recipes of your choice. It comes with a recipe book as well.
- Three different loaf sizes
- Pasta, jam, dough, and cake can also be prepared
- It is not a heavy duty machine
- The indicator beeps are loud and noisy
9. Breadman 2 lb Professional Bread Maker
The breadmaker comes with three different options for loaf sizes namely, 1lb, 1.5lb, and 2lb. It is also embedded with 14 pre-programmed bake settings that help you to get a low carb, gluten free, wheat, white, jam, and more types of bread.
It offers excellent customization options, and you can delay the bake time up to 15 hours along with 1 hour keep warm option.
The machine comes with a cookbook, and it has fruit and nut dispenser that dispenses the ingredients automatically. The paddle of the machine is not found to be built well, and it is a Collapsible kneading paddle.
- Three different bread sizes
- 14 baking functions
- Smooth working without any clumsy noise
- The fruit and nut dispenser is not working perfectly for 2lb bread
- The paddle is not well built
8. Hamilton Beach Programmable Bread Machine
The breadmaker comes with two bread sizes of 1.5 and 2 pounds each, and it also provides three crust settings: dark, light, and medium.
Interestingly, it has 12 different bread maker settings, and you can choose your preferred bread choices from basic to 2-pound express. It also has a gluten-free mode, a 13-hour delay timer, an added kneading paddle, and more.
Additionally, it is an economical product as it can be purchased at less than a standard bread machine price $60, and it comes with a whole list of highly useful recipes. The breadmaker is also a lightweight product and produces excellent quality and tasty bread.
- Produces two different sized bread
- A budget model
- Features like 13-hour delay timer, 12 bread maker settings, and more
- Only one paddle can fit into the pan
- The issue of paddle loosening and sticking to the bread noted a few times
7. Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker
It is another excellent breadmaker that can help you to make 2-pound bread loaves and signals for adding nuts, fruits, and raisins.
It has a number of baking options such as whole wheat, jam, cake, homemade, and dough. It also has additional features like a 13-hour delay timer, three memory settings, custom, and gluten-free menu settings, and more.
You can also use the equipment to make your chocolate cake, homemade meatloaf, pizza, strawberry jam, and more. Additionally, it has two kneading paddles that help you make your bread quicker and tastier than normal machines, and its lid is also equipped with a heating element for browning the top crust.
- Excellent baking programs and easier handling
- Great for baking cakes, jams, pizza, and more
- Two paddles for quicker and tastier bread
- It is an expensive product
- There is no automatic setting for ingredient dispenser
6. Breadman TR520 Programmable Bread Maker
The breadmaker can produce bread in three different sizes of 1, 1-1/2, and 2-pound loaves with three different crust shades to choose for your bread; accurately baked to your needs. With eight different menu settings for baking, you can customize your needs from basic to quick bread.
It also has other options like a 13-hour delay timer, options to create your own pizza dough, fruits-and-nuts indicators or signals, and more.
The breadmaker also features a removable lid, and that too has a viewing window to help the users check and verify without opening the lid. The breadmaker is lightweight and friendly on your pocket compared to other products available in the market.
- Three different sizes and three crust shades
- Features like13-hour delay timer, fruits, and nuts indicators, and more
- No advanced custom baking choices
- Only single kneading paddle
5. Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme 2lb. Loaf Breadmaker
The breadmaker comes with a number of advanced features and pre-programmed baking options to make bread-making an easy and cool job.
The dual-blade machine produces 2-pound bread loaves and in three crust colors. It has 13-hour delay timer, 10-minute power back-up, digital display with easy handling, ten different course choices, and more.
The product also comes with a highly useful recipe list along with an instruction manual; which you can experiment with your breadmaker for multiple tastes. It comes with dual kneading paddles, and the device is found to be quieter compared to other similar products available in the market.
- Smooth handling
- Multiple preprogrammed baking options
- Features like 10-minute power back-up and 13-hour delay timer
- Single producible bread size is 2 pounds
- Some people may find the product costly
4. Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
It is an excellent choice for basic bread making needs with three different bread sizes, 1, ½, or 2-pound loaves and three different shade functions.
It also provides other features such as an LED display, 12 different cooking choices, 13-hour delay bake, and more. The lid of the product also has a large viewing window for you to check the baking bread without opening it.
With the 12 menu settings, you can choose to make cake, jam, dough, sandwich, and more; and it provides a power backup that can remember your preferences for 30 minutes. Interestingly, it is a highly economical product with all the required options for general bread making purposes.
- Three different bread sizes and shade functions
- 12 different menu, LED display, 13-hour delay bake, and more
- Highly economical product
- No gluten-free menu option
- No automatically set fruit and nut dispenser nor any audible warning to notify you the same
3. Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker
It employs a convection fan for efficient and better baking, where it uses the fan to enter hot air into the baking chamber while the bread is baking. This keeps the warm cycle for more time and produces excellent results if you love crispiness and more crust color on your bread.
Apart from that, it has 16 pre-programmed menu options, a 15-minute pause option, control panel with LCD, delay starter option up to 12 hours, power failure backup for 15 minutes, and more.
This breadmaker produces bread in three different crust colors and three sizes: 1 pound, 1.5 pounds, and 2 pounds. It comes with a single paddle, but the machine can give you audible signal to remove kneading paddle before the last rise cycle.
- Convection fan for efficient bread making
- 16 pre-programmed menu options
- Audible signal to remove the paddle
- No option to customize the bread making cycle
- Not an economical product
2. Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Bread Machine
It is an excellent choice for the large family with all the major features of an ideal breadmaker accurately included, in addition to three different crust color pattern and loaf size options: 1lb, 1.5lb, or 2lb.
The breadmaker comes with 12 different bread-making settings ranging from basic and French to jam and bake. The added features include an LCD studded control panel, 6-minute memory function to deal with a short power outage, delay time option for 13 hours, and more.
It comes with a single a kneading paddle and gives out an audible signal to remind you to nuts or raisins to your recipe. It is an economical product too with excellent performance.
- Three different bread sizes and crust options
- 12 bread-making settings, delay timer option
- Economical product
- Do not expect a gluten-free bread cycle
- No customized programmable option
1. Cuisinart CBK-100 2 LB Bread Maker
It is an ideal product for all the major breadmaking needs of a family, and it comes with three crust options and three loaf sizes: 1, 1.5, and 2 lbs.
Additionally, it has 12 menu options, delay start time up to 13 hours, power failure backup option for a period of 15 minutes, preheat option for some bread programs, and more. LCD screen enabled control panel, and removable lid of the breadmaker with glass window make bread making an easy job.
You can also set rapid bake, gluten-free, and dough settings to make the bread that is most convenient to your needs. It also has audible alerts to remind you to add nuts, fruits, and other ingredients.
- Produces in three loaf sizes and three crust options
- 12 menu options and choices for gluten-free bread
- Highly economical considering the quality and features of the product
- The gluten-free option only works on 1.5-pound loaf size
- No personalized program options
Final Review of the Best Bread Machines
Though everyone has their own priorities when it comes to bread making, Cuisinart CBK-100 is an ideal choice for a majority of the families with all the required features from gluten-free option to LCD-enabled control panel and audible alerts for adding fruits and nuts. The product is highly economical and can greatly fit the needs of an average family.
However, if you are looking for a product with better specifications or more advanced features, like convection fan or more, you would find Cuisinart CBK-200 highly useful. While choosing your product, you should also consider cooking time, easy handling, added menu options, and options for personalization.