Bread machines are an integral part of our lives, and every morning, we start our days with it. People who do not own a bread machine often travel to nearest supermarket or bakeries to get some loaf of bread fresh for them.
However, they may not get bread of their choice and sometimes forced to buy the flavors they do not like.
A breadmaker can save you in such situations as you can prepare your bread in your kitchen even during the odd hours. Additionally, you can experiment with your own recipes and get new tastes in your bread – note that most breadmakers also have options to cook a cake, jam, dough, and more.
Therefore, a bread maker is a necessity for most of the families to produce healthy and fresh bread of their choice.
While planning to buy a bread maker, you should pay attention to sizes it produces, crust options, pre-programmed options, delay timer, any added features to improve the baking time and taste, backup options, and more.
Here, I can provide you a list of top 10 best bread machines that can fit the needs of a family in 2018.
Table of Contents
- 10. West Bend Loaf Programmable Breadmaker
- 9. Breadman 2 lb Professional Bread Maker
- 8. Hamilton Beach Programmable Bread Machine
- 7. Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker
- 6. Breadman TR520 Programmable Bread Maker
- 5. Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme 2lb. Loaf Breadmaker
- 4. Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
- 3. Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker
- 2. Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Bread Machine
- 1. Cuisinart CBK-100 2 LB Bread Maker
- Which Bread Machine Should You Buy?
10. West Bend Loaf Programmable Breadmaker
The programmable breadmaker can produce bread in three different loaf sizes of 1.5, 2 and 2.5 pounds. It comes with two paddles, and that offers even and thorough mixing, which produces excellent taste bread for your various needs. The well-coated thin paddles help you to make bread much faster than single paddle breadmakers.
The pan is also lighter, and you can easily remove and clean it without any issues. The breadmaker is coming with 12 programmable settings or control options, and you can use it to prepare multiple bread recipes of your choice – it comes with a recipe book as well.
- Three different loaf sizes
- Pasta, jam, dough, and cake can also be prepared
- It is not a heavy duty machine
- The indicator beeps are loud and noisy
9. Breadman 2 lb Professional Bread Maker
The breadmaker is coming with three different loaf sizes namely 1lb, 1.5lb, and 2lb. It is also embedded with 14 pre-programmed bake settings that help you to get low carb, gluten free, wheat, white, jam, and more types of bread.
It offers excellent customization options, and you can delay the bake time up to 15 hours along with 1 hour keep warm option.
The machine comes with a cookbook, and it has fruit and nut dispenser that dispenses the ingredients automatically. The paddle of the machine is not found to be built well, and it is a Collapsible kneading paddle.
- Three different bread sizes
- 14 baking functions
- Smooth working without any clumsy noise
- The fruit and nut dispenser is not working perfectly for 2lb bread
- The paddle is not well built
8. Hamilton Beach Programmable Bread Machine
The breadmaker comes with two bread sizes of 1.5- and 2-pound each, and it also provides three crust settings: dark, light, and medium.
Interestingly, it has 12 different bread maker settings, and you can choose your preferred bread choices from basic to 2-pound express. It also has a gluten-free mode, a 13-hour delay timer, an added kneading paddle, and more.
Additionally, it is an economical product as it can be purchased at less than $60, and it comes with a whole list of highly useful recipes. The breadmaker is also a lightweight product and produces excellent quality and tasty bread.
- Produces two different sized bread
- A budget model
- Features like 13-hour delay timer, 12 bread maker settings, and more
- Only one paddle can fit into the pan
- The issue of paddle loosens and stick to bread noted a few times
7. Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Breadmaker
It is another excellent breadmaker that can help you to make 2-pound bread loaves and signals for adding nuts, fruits, and raisins.
It has a number of baking options such as whole wheat, jam, cake, homemade, and dough. It also has additional features like 13-hour delay timer, three memory settings, custom and gluten-free menu settings, and more.
You can also use the equipment to make your chocolate cake, homemade meatloaf, pizza, strawberry jam, and more. Additionally, it has two kneading paddles that help you to make your bread quicker and tastier than normal machines, and its lid also equipped with a heating element for browning the top crust.
- Excellent baking programs and easier handling
- Great for baking cakes, jams, pizza, and more
- Two paddles for quicker and tastier bread
- It is an expensive product
- There is no automatic setting for ingredient dispenser
6. Breadman TR520 Programmable Bread Maker
The breadmaker can produce bread in three different sizes of 1, 1-1/2, and 2-pound loaves with three different crust shades to choose your bread accurately baked to your needs. With eight different menu settings for baking, you can customize your needs from basic to quick bread.
It also has other options like 13 hours delay timer, options to create own pizza dough, fruits-and-nuts indicators or signals, and more.
The breadmaker also features a removable lid, and that too has a viewing window to help the users to check and verify without opening the lid. The breadmaker is lightweight and friendly to your pocket compared to other products available in the market.
- Three different sizes and three crust shades
- Features like 13 hours delay timer, fruits and nuts indicators, and more
- No advanced custom baking choices
- Only single kneading paddle
5. Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme 2lb. Loaf Breadmaker
The breadmaker is a coming with a number of advanced features and pre-programmed baking options to make your bread making an easy and cool job.
The dual-blade machine produces 2-pound bread loaves and in three crust colors. It has 13-hour delay timer, 10-minutes power back-up, digital display with easy handling, ten different course choices, and more.
The product also comes with a highly useful recipe list along with the instruction manual which you can experiment with your breadmaker for multiple tastes. It comes with dual kneading paddles, and the device is found to be quieter compared to other similar products available in the market.
- Smooth handling
- Multiple preprogrammed baking options
- Features like 10-minutes power back-up and 13-hour delay timer
- Single producible bread size is 2-pound
- Some people may find the product costly
4. Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
It is an excellent choice for basic bread making needs with three different bread sizes, 1, ½, or 2-pound loaves and three different shade functions.
It also provides other features such as a LED display, 12 different cooking choices, 13-hour delay bake, and more. The lid of the product also has a large viewing window for you to check the baking without opening it.
With the 12 menu settings, you can choose to bake the cake, jam, dough, sandwich, and more, and it provides a power backup that can remember your preferences for 30 minutes. Interestingly, it is a highly economical product with all the required options for general bread making purposes.
- Three different bread sizes and shade functions
- 12 different menu, LED display, 13-hour delay bake, and more
- Highly economical product
- No gluten-free menu option
- No automatically set fruit and nut dispenser nor any audible warning to notify you the same
3. Cuisinart CBK-200 2-Lb Convection Bread Maker
It employs a convection fan for efficient and better baking, where it uses the fan to enter hot air into the baking chamber while the bread is baking. This keeps the warm cycle for more time and produces excellent results if you love crispiness and more crust color on your bread.
Apart from that, it has 16 pre-programmed menu options, a 15-minute pause option, control panel with LCD, delay starter option up to 12 hours, power failure backup for 15 minutes, and more.
The breadmaker produces in three different crust colors and three sizes: 1 pound, 1.5 pounds, and 2 pounds. It comes with a single paddle, but the machine can give you audible signal to remove kneading paddle before the last rise cycle.
- Convection fan for efficient bread making
- 16 pre-programmed menu options
- Audible signal to remove the paddle
- No option to customize the bread making cycle
- Not an economical product
2. Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Bread Machine
It is an excellent choice for the large family needs with all the major features of an ideal breadmaker accurately included, in addition to three different crust color pattern and loaf size options: 1lb, 1.5lb, or 2lb.
The breadmaker comes with 12 different bread make settings ranging from basic and French to jam and bake. The added features include an LCD studded control panel, 6-minute memory function to deal with the short power outage, delay time option for 13 hours, and more.
It comes with a single a kneading paddle and gives out an audible signal to remind you adding nuts or raisins to your recipe. It is an economical product too with excellent performance.
- Three different bread sizes and crust options
- 12 bread make settings, delay timer option
- Economical product
- Do not expect a gluten-free bread cycle
- No customized programmable option
1. Cuisinart CBK-100 2 LB Bread Maker
It is an ideal product for all the major breadmaking needs inside a family, and it comes with three crust options and three loaf sizes: 1, 1.5 and 2 lbs.
Additionally, it has 12 menu options, delay start time up to 13 hours, power failure backup option for a period of 15 minutes, preheat option for some bread programs, and more. LCD screen enabled control panel, and removable lid of the breadmaker with glass window make bread making an easy job.
You can also set rapid bake, gluten-free, and dough settings to make the bread most convenient to your needs. It also has audible alerts to remind you to add nuts, fruits, and other ingredients.
- Produces in three loaf sizes and three crust options
- 12 menu options and choices for gluten-free bread
- Highly economical compared to the quality and features of the product
- The gluten-free option only works on 1.5-pound loaf size
- No personalized program options
Which Bread Machine Should You Buy?
Though everyone has their own priorities when it comes to bread making, Cuisinart CBK-100 is an ideal choice for a majority of the families with all the required features from gluten-free option to LCD-enabled control panel and audible alerts for fruits and nuts adding. The product is highly economical and can greatly fit the needs of an average family.
However, if you look for products with better specifications or more advanced features, like convection fan or more, you would find Cuisinart CBK-200 highly useful. While choosing your product, you should also consider cooking time, easy handling, added menu options, and options for personalization.