What makes the Best Boxing Gloves? Boxing is a wonderful way to get and stay in shape. It takes a lot of practice to perfect your form, accuracy, and agility. The right pair of boxing gloves can help you meet your goals.
If you are trying to box your way up to George Forman status, it’s imperative you train every day with the proper equipment. Protecting your hands is one of the most important aspects of boxing. If you hurt your hands, you can’t box.
How does one find the perfect pair of boxing gloves? That’s easy: trial and error. However, you may not have time to go on a wild goose hunt for the perfect boxing gloves so we’ve taken care of that for you by compiling this top 12 list.
Amazon is loaded with boxing gloves for men, women, and children. There are all sorts of different colors, styles, and brands. Speaking of which, you’ll see big names like Sanabul and Everlast on our list.
Regardless if you’re a novice boxer or just starting out, having protective gloves on your hands that help you perform your personal best is really important.
So, are you ready to step into the ring? On to the list of the top ten best boxing gloves that Amazon has to offer.
Table of Contents
- 12.Fairtex Muay Thai Style Training Sparring Gloves
- 11. Sanabul Essential Gel Boxing Kickboxing Training Gloves
- 10. Ringside Apex Flash Sparring Gloves
- 9. Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
- 8. Everlast Women’s Training Gloves
- 7. Hawk Boxing Gloves
- 6. Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves
- 5. Ringside Apex Boxing Gloves
- 4. Everlast Mixed Martial Arts Gloves
- 3. Elite Sports Boxing Gloves
- 2. Cheerwing Kid’s Boxing Gloves
- 1. RDX Ego Boxing Gloves
- Why We Chose the RDX Ego Boxing Gloves for Our #1 Spot
12.Fairtex Muay Thai Style Training Sparring Gloves
There are over twenty different stunning colors and styles of this glove. The Fairtext Kickboxing Muay Thai Sparring Gloves look much better in person than they do online. They shine vividly without any strong chemical smells. These gloves are designed with an all-purpose build and fit perfectly. They are a tight fit without cutting off any circulation. The gloves come with an extended slit in the palm side, which reduces recoil in a sparring match and maximizes the full use of the cushioning.
- Vivid colors
- Many colors and designs to choose from
- Long life expectancy of 18 months to two years
- Brilliant tight fit
- Higher end of the price point
11. Sanabul Essential Gel Boxing Kickboxing Training Gloves
Sanabul is the king of the ring. Durability is important when it comes to boxing gloves, and these gloves definitely don’t fall short of durability. They are also very comfortable, which is a great bonus. Thanks to the gel construction in the front of these gloves, you get additional shock absorption. Depending on your size, these gloves allow you to pay bottom dollar for good quality boxing gloves. They feature amazing wrist and hand support, and the engineered leather build means that they collide perfectly with a punchin bag. If you are a beginner or looking for the perfect pair of boxing gloves to hit the gym with, these gloves will not disappoint.
- Amazing price
- Sanabul sales page includes brand-specific sizing chart to ensure the perfect fit
- Gel construction at the front provides excellent shock absorption
- Leather build is durable
- Short life expectancy (3 months for hardcore use)
- Not recommended for sparring (will break easily, good for bags)
10. Ringside Apex Flash Sparring Gloves
When you wear Ringside, you know you’re wearing the best. These gloves are 2 1/4 inches of cushiony injected molded foam to protect your hands. They are ideal for sparring and bag work.
These durable boxing gloves are easy to clean due to the synthetic leather shell with full wrap around hook and loop closure. Just wipe them off with a damp cloth and mild disinfectant. For safety purposes, the gloves are also equipped with an attached thumb.
These gloves allow you to get in shape, one punch at a time. They are a favorite among MMA fighters, Muay Thai trainers, and boxers.
- Mesh palm and an anti-microbial inner liner keep hands cool, comfortable, and bacteria free
- Gloves come in a variety of colors
- Textured PU leather-like shell
- Traditional boxing grip allows for tighter fist and reduces hand fatigue
- Many novice boxers reviewed the gloves as being “decent” and “great for beginners”
9. Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
Everlast has been a leader in sporting goods for decades and these amazing boxing gloves show us why. They mold around your hands like the perfect mitt and help you reach your boxing goals.
Enjoy the full padding front and back as well as around the wrist. This design promotes safety and proper technique.
You’ll love the ThumbLok feature that helps keep your thumb and fist positioned correctly, therefore, avoiding injury.
The gloves are available in 12, 14, and 16-ounce sizes as well as multiple colors.
- Designed with EverCool mesh ventilation panels
- Inner grip cord for extra gripping power and protection
- Protects hands with closed cell foam technology
- Created with EverFresh antimicrobial treatment to prevent gross odors and bacteria growth
- Some reviewers claim that the gloves possess an unsavory odor, like chemicals
- Gloves are not recommended for Muay Thai
8. Everlast Women’s Training Gloves
Here’s one for the ladies! If you’re a strong gal who loves to jump in the boxing ring with the best of them, you need a pair of gloves that are made especially for you.
Everlast women’s boxing gloves feature a patented Thumb-Lok design to keep your digits free from injury. Made from premium synthetic leather along with superior construction increases durability. You’ll love how the natural shape of these gloves conforms to your hands.
Just like the men’s gloves, these lady boxers are made with an EverFresh treatment to prevent odors by keeping the growth of bacteria at bay using antimicrobial technology.
Your hands will be able to breathe in these gloves with each right hook you throw.
- Designed with a full mesh palm for breathability
- Wrap around hook and loop strap closure
- Available in 12 or 14-ounce weight sizes
- Not a great fit for super small hands or children
7. Hawk Boxing Gloves
Hawk boxing gloves are designed for both men and women. The gel-infused, multi-layered V-impact foam boxing gloves reduce the risk of injuring your fists. You’ll love how durable and high-quality these sparring gloves are.
Wrist protection is imperative while sparring and you can count on the extra-thick Supremo-shock foam based padding on the knuckles and wrist area to protect you. There is also a separate block over the wrist joint.
Need your boxing gloves to be breathable? No problem. These gloves come equipped with anti-perspiration holes with a breathable pinhole palm that offers increased hygiene efficiency. Say goodbye to offensive odors, bacteria growth, and moisture from sweat.
- These gloves are considered to be “all-purpose” and ideal for a variety of boxing/sparring activities
- Hawk boxing gloves come in an array of sizes
- Easy put-on and take-off design
- Gloves do not come with hand wrap
- Some reports of the inner lining of the gloves tearing after a short period of time
6. Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves
Venum Challenger 2.0 boxing gloves come in a variety of sizes, colors, and styles. These particular gloves range between $30 and $55.
The gloves are lightweight for optimal performance. They have been designed in Thailand and are ideal for both beginner and advanced users.
The high-quality PU leather construction delivers greater durability and allows you to give the best boxing performance of your life. You’ll be impressed with the triple density foam with an unparalleled shock absorption that protects your hands and extends training time.
These gloves are affordable but never compromise on quality.
- Ideal for strike training, bag work, mitt work, and fitness boxing
- Available in 6 colors
- A great mitt for both beginners and novices
- Over time, reviewers have claimed the inside of the gloves start to fall apart
- A buyer claims the gloves aren’t as cushiony as he would like them to be
5. Ringside Apex Boxing Gloves
Push your body to the max and reach your goals with these Ringside Apex Boxing Gloves. You’ll appreciate the tapered wrap-around closure that provides non-slip secure wrist support while the full hook and loop closure allows you to take them on and off in mere seconds, with ease.
These punching mitts are perfect for boxing, MMA fighting, and Muay Thai. They feature a Stay-Dri lining which promotes an antimicrobial atmosphere keeping your hands dry and comfortable.
The IMF technology provides better protection and durability in comparison to some other gloves.
- Features an exclusive pre-curved molded hand technology that supports the natural hand and fist
- Includes a traditional grip bar that allows a tighter fist and reduces hand fatigue
- Made from textured synthetic leather material that is easy to clean
- Some reviewers claim the gloves run small
- Other users say the gloves don’t hold up as well as they should
4. Everlast Mixed Martial Arts Gloves
Another great pair of gloves by Everlast. These gloves feature more than 1″ of formed foam padding that makes for superior fit and protection of your hands.
The far easts tyle open thumb design helps create a more compact fist. You’ll love the velcro wrist closure for supreme wrist stability.
Everlast boxing gloves feature EVERCOOL technology, closed cell technology, and an adjustable hook and loop wrist strap for a secure fit and quick on and off.
- Everlast offers a 120=day warranty
- Lightweight gloves provide a quick and easy workout with heavy bags
- Mitts are available in 4 different sizes
- Some buyers claim the gloves run small
- One user claims the padding is not adequate for a trained athlete
3. Elite Sports Boxing Gloves
Elite Sports Boxing Gloves help you stay focused, in control and reach your athletic potential while in the ring.
The pre-curved anatomic hand design allows for proper fist closure during sparring and training. These gloves come in both adult and kid sizes.
The triple density gel and impact foam will help you increase your performance with added protection. Now, you can train even harder and reach your goals!
The gloves are made from durable Maya hide leather and are ultra-lightweight. The secure wrist strap helps to minimize sprains and other injuries.
- Gloves are easy to put on and take off
- 3D cooling mesh keeps hands clean and dry with proper airflow as well as antimicrobial and antifungal properties
- Made with PU leather
- Some users claim the gloves don’t last very long
- No warranty
2. Cheerwing Kid’s Boxing Gloves
Do you have a little boxer on your hands? Support him or her in reaching their goals with a pair of Cheerwing boxing gloves that are made especially for kids.
The gloves come in either red or blue. They are made from high-quality PU leather and EVA foam. These gloves can withstand the test of time and are durable for long-term use.
The elastic wrist strap allows for a more customizable fit for small hands and wrists. Your child will always have the utmost support during training.
These gloves are suitable for MMA, Muay Thai, Focus pads, Punch bags, Punch Mitts, Grappling and Striking in both training and competition.
- Gloves are great for kids between the ages of 5 – 10
- Designed with ventilation holes to keep hands cool and dry
- Special design that conforms to children’s small fists
- Some users say the gloves run really small, even for children
1. RDX Ego Boxing Gloves
These gloves truly are the best of the best. They are made from resilient Maya Hide leather, none of that synthetic junk. The construction of these gloves is described as being “stubbornly durable”.
The extra-thick Supremo-Shock Foam based padding is located on the knuckles to prevent injury during intense sparring matches and training. There is a separate pad block over the wrist joint along with shock absorbing lining located between the padding.
The quick-EZ hook and loop with extra-long straps provide the ultimate in wrist support and a snug and comfortable fit.
- Exclusive S.P.P. incorporated palm for even air ventilation and breathability
- Designed using exclusive RDX Quadro-Dome Technology to evenly disperse force throughout the area of impact
- Provides excellent technique and form
- Complaint of the inner lining scratching and bruising the middle knuckle – seems to be an isolated incident
Why We Chose the RDX Ego Boxing Gloves for Our #1 Spot
All of the boxing gloves on our top 12 list are amazing. Each one comes with features that any novice boxer would find desirable.
If you’re looking for a boxing glove that is exclusively for women, you may want to consider purchasing the Everlast Women’s Training Gloves.
Perhaps, you have a child who enjoys boxing and need small gloves to fit his or her hands. In that case, give the Cheerwing Kid’s Boxing Gloves a shot.
We decided to list RDX Ego Boxing Gloves as our #1 choice because they have all the features needed to ensure greatness while in the ring or training. These gloves are made with real Maya Hide leather, provide excellent wrist and knuckle support, and won’t overheat your hands during workouts and boxing matches.
Have you made a choice on which gloves you’ll choose?