Your kids will have hours of fun with these incredible board games. Shoot, you will have loads of fun with these handpicked games, too.
Playing the best board game is a wonderful way to get in some quality family time. Let’s put away the electronics and play some good old-fashioned games!
There are so many amazing board games on the market, today. Each year, more and more come into circulation. This makes it a bit hard to determine which games you should choose. Many of them are targeted towards different ages, too.
We decided to help you out by sifting through the dozens on board games listed on Amazon. You’ll see games from Mattel, Pressman, and Hasbro. Each of the 10 games we have listed has gotten rave reviews and high star ratings. We want you to feel confident in our selections.
Are you and your kids ready to find the perfect board game? Great! Let’s hop on over to the list and get one or two picked out for you.
Table of Contents
- 10. Mattel Games Apples to Apples Junior
- 9. Pressman Toys Shark Bite Game
- 8. HedBanz Game, Family Guessing Game
- 7. Jenga Classic Game
- 6. Watch Ya’ Mouth Family Edition
- 5. Hasbro Guess Who? Classic Game
- 4. Hasbro Connect 4 Game
- 3. Hungry Hungry Hippos
- 2. Classic Operation Skill Game
- 1. Candy Land The World of Sweets Game
- Why We Chose Candy Land The World of Sweets Game As Our Top Choice…
10. Mattel Games Apples to Apples Junior
For just under $12, you and your kids can be doubled over in laughter making hilarious comparisons. This game has since updated its cards from older versions.
Did you know that this game is an award-winning card and party game? It is suitable for ages 9 and up. You and your kids will not only be having a great time but will expand your vocabulary and thinking skills.
- 576 cards for hours of game time
- The game is now suitable for younger ages
- Hilarious, fast-paced
- Helps build vocabulary and thinking skills
- Complaints that some of the “current pop culture” cards aren’t widely known
9. Pressman Toys Shark Bite Game
You and your kids will love this high-energy game that allows you to fish for fierce sea creatures from your dining room table. Each player takes turns rolling the die and fishing with the fishing pole.
You’ll need to watch out because you never know when the shark will bite!
This game doesn’t require any batteries, either. It is very easy to set up. All you do is snap the sea creatures into the game board and start playing.
- 2-4 players can enjoy this game
- Suitable for kids ages 4 and up
- A great method for helping kids develop hand/eye coordination
- Some complaints about the fish being difficult to remove from the shark’s mouth
8. HedBanz Game, Family Guessing Game
Are you ready to laugh? Your kids will get quite a kick out of mom and dad wearing a silly headband with funny pictures on a card.
This game requires you to ask questions to the other players, pertaining to the card on your headband. If you guess what your card is, you win!
This is a kid-friendly board game. The categories are simple and can be enjoyed by anyone, both young and old. Each round of this game is timed by a 1-minute sand timer so the rounds go fast. this helps keep the attention of younger players.
- Fast-paced and kid-friendly
- Encourages quick thinking skills
- Helps kids to flex their deductive reasoning
- Affordable at just under $7
- There are small parts in this game which can pose a choking hazard to children under 3 years of age
7. Jenga Classic Game
This is a classic board game that has been enjoyed by many for many years. Jenga comes in classic and giant sizes. The game is highly affordable at just under $8.
The concept is simple. All you do is stack the blocks and players pull them out without allowing the entire stack to tumble over.
The set includes 54 Jenga hardwood blocks, stacking sleeve, and instructions.
- The game allows players to challenge themselves
- Forces players to develop skill and strategy
- The game can be played solo or with friends
- Sturdy, hardwood blocks are built to last
- Storage for this game is the cardboard box that it comes in. The box tends to break down, over time
6. Watch Ya’ Mouth Family Edition
This game is super hilarious! Basically, you wear the mouth guards and try to talk. Other players have to guess what it is you are saying. The game has been around since the 1990s.
In 2017, Watch Ya Mouth was awarded the winning part game and top-selling award. This game has been featured on TV commercials, Good Morning America, and Buzzfeed. It’s quite popular!
The game can be enjoyed with 3 to 10 players. It includes 143 family-safe phrases and is great for kids ages 8 and up.
- FDA and CE certified mouthpieces that are dishwasher safe
- High-quality cards
- The adult version of this game is available and includes phrases not suitable for kids
- Mouthpieces can be sort of gross to wash
5. Hasbro Guess Who? Classic Game
Guess Who is a classic game that you probably remember playing as a youngster. Now, you can introduce this wacky game to your kids and grandkids. It is an affordable board game at just under $8.
The game features a tabletop game board and game pieces. The game, itself, stores in the sturdy cardboard box.
Each player tries to guess each other’s mystery character by giving clues and asking questions. This game is meant for 2 players.
- Helps encourage problem-solving skills
- Allows kids to ask quick and clever questions
- Great for preschool and kindergarteners
- Flip down cards are made from thin paper and often fall out of the frames
4. Hasbro Connect 4 Game
Here, we have another nostalgic game from our youth. Connect Four is competitive, fast-paced, and loads of fun. It can be yours for just under $9. This game makes a wonderful gift.
What you do is set up the game racks. Each player chooses a color of the disc. When you get 4 of your colored discs in a row, you win!
The game is very easy to set up and play. It is meant for 2 players.
- Teaches players how to use strategy
- Allows you to choose your way to win
- Sturdy game pieces
- Small parts may pose a choking hazard to kids under the age of 3
3. Hungry Hungry Hippos
Who doesn’t love playing this classic game? You can add Hungry Hungry Hippos to your board game closet for just under $10. This game makes a wonderful gift.
The game is meant for 4 players. Each player tries to chomp as many marbles as they can. There is one golden marble that is coveted by players as it adds extra points.
The game is very easy to play, fast=paced, and super fun.
- Cleanup and storage is easy and compact
- The game can be played by 2 to 4 players
- A great game for kids as young as 4
- The game is not for kids under 3 due to choking hazards
2. Classic Operation Skill Game
Operations is a classic game that has been bringing joy, laughter, and fun to the table for years. It can be yours for just under $20.
The basic concept of the game is to remove tiny game pieces from inside even tinier holes uses the pliers. The catch? If the pliers touch the sides of the hole, a load “beeeep” will sound off and you lose your turn! The player to successfully remove the most game pieces is the winner.
The game is fun and unpredictable. It is definitely a challenge but it’s not so difficult that younger players will feel frustrated. The game teaches hand/eye coordination, skill, and patience.
- Easy-grab game pieces
- Cavity Sam’s nose lights up which is fun for younger players
- Made for kid’s ages 4 and up
- Buzzer sound is quite unpleasant
- The game comes with dozens of small pieces
1. Candy Land The World of Sweets Game
We absolutely love this game. Candy Land is a classic and is enjoyed by all who play it. Experience the excitement of traveling through the Candy Kingdom and meeting all of the sweet treats and characters along your way.
This game is considered to be a “beginner” game. This means that your preschooler will enjoy it.
The goal is to be the first player to make it to the castle. This is a wonderful game for kids who haven’t learned to read, yet. The cards tell a player where to move using colors.
- The game includes a sturdy game board, pieces, card deck, and easy-to-understand instructions
- Illustrations are fun for kids to see
- Players encounter all types of fun surprises
- Some complaints that the game board is “too busy” for beginner players to follow
Why We Chose Candy Land The World of Sweets Game As Our Top Choice…
We are super excited about the games on this top 10 list. We hope you are, too. Did you feel the pangs of nostalgia with some of them? We sure did!
All of these games are highly rated and reviewed on Amazon. We recommend any one of them. However, we had to choose one for our top spot. So, we decided to go with Candy Land The World of Sweets Game.
Candy Land is a classic board game that is perfect for beginner players, as well as the entire family. It’s fun, colorful, and exciting. Plus, who doesn’t want to play a game that’s all about candy? The price is perfect, too. This game makes a great gift.
So, which one of these 10 games will you be purchasing, today? Perhaps, you’ll choose more than one!
Whichever game or games you decide to go with, be sure to click on the yellow Amazon button for a seamless checkout experience. Have fun!