One appliance that every kitchen must have is a good blender. This is one piece of kitchen equipment that can make your life easier and reduce the stress of cooking.
Using a blender to chop up the vegetables for a soup or stew, crushing ice for drinks, grinding up nuts for breads or cookies instead of having to do it all by hand saves a lot of time.
If you are looking for the right blender or smoothie maker you will want to know that it will crush the ice and chop the fruits or vegetables that you are using for your smoothie and be able to control the consistency of the smoothie.
A smoothie blender as the name suggests are made for that purpose only. Yes, you can make smoothies with any kind of a blender but the results may not be what you had envisioned.
Some of the smoothie makers on the market today come with different blades for crushing ice, chopping soft fruits or vegetables, and a blade for the harder veggies such as carrots.
We will review the top 10 best blenders for smoothies in 2019 for your information and hopefully give you some insight as to which is the best one for your needs.
Table of Contents
- 10. BLACK+DECKER PB1002R FusionBlade Personal Blender
- 9. BELLA Personal Size Rocket Blender
- 8. Ninja Professional Blender 1000
- 7. Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender
- 6. Magic Bullet Blender
- 5. Oster Reverse Crush Counterforms Blender
- 4. Ninja Kitchen System Pulse
- 3. Oster Pro 1200 Blender Plus 24 oz Smoothie Cup
- 2. Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender
- 1. Ninja Professional Blender
- Which Smoothie Blender Should You Buy?
10. BLACK+DECKER PB1002R FusionBlade Personal Blender
This blender has 2 20 ounce blending jars with travel lids. The Fusion Blade quickly crushes ice and assures an even blend for soups and smoothies. The motor is powered by 275 watts and will puree your food very quickly.
It will also turn you ice into snow if you want to make snow cones. On/Off button for easy operation and gives you control over the consistency of your smoothies or your pureed foods.
The 2 20 oz. travel jars have plastic lids and are dishwasher safe.
- Easy off/on operation
- Dishwasher safe
- Travel jars
- May be too large for your allotted space
- do less than what you are looking for
You can get this blender in Red, Gray. Navy or white.
9. BELLA Personal Size Rocket Blender
This blender has very compact design to save you space. 2 stainless steel blades – Stainless Steel emulsifying blade to liquefy leafy green or whole fruits, and a stainless steel blade to grind nuts and seeds for pesto’s and creamy butter spreads.
There is 1 tall and 1 short blending cup, a drinking cup, 2 shaker tops and 2 lids. There is also a comfort lip ring.
- 2 Stainless steel based with rubber feet for better grip.
- You just twist the blending cup and it will blend.
- It only weighs 4.66 pounds and is 9.1” x 7.5” x 11” tall.
- Has BPA free accessories and contents.
- You will get a two-year limited warranty with the BELLA Blender
- 285 watts of power
Colors available are Stainless steel and black, Orange, Red, Chrome and Stainless Steel and White.
- This is a rather compact little blender
- Dose not weigh a lot
- BPA free.
- Only 1 drinking cup
- no off/on switch
8. Ninja Professional Blender 1000
This blender has 1000 watts of power. A multi-tiered stainless steel 6 blade assembly. There are 4 operating options. Pulse and three other speeds simply labeled 1 through 3.
72 oz. pitcher – The pitcher locks into the base and the handle must be secure before it will operate. A small pour spout is located on one corner of the pitcher.
- The cord is 2-foot-long and has storage space in the base.
- The lid, pitcher, and blade assembly are all dishwasher safe.
- It is BPA free.
A recipe booklet is included and all the recipes have been tested using this model blender.
- 72 oz. pitcher
- Pitcher must lock into base before it will operate
- all parts dishwasher safe
- Cord is only 2-foot-long
- only 4 operating speeds and three of those not labeled as to their use.
7. Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender
700 watts of blending power. It has a wave action system which pulls the content into the blade which makes a smoother result.
- It easily crushes and blends your ice, fruits and vegetables.
- It has 12 different blending speeds to serve your purpose
The pouring spout is a patented design for Hamilton Beach and lets you pour your contents out without mess. The mixing jar is glass, and the blender has removable blades, pushbutton controls, and cord stores in base.
The overall weight of the blender is 6.15 pounds and it stands 15” tall.
- The wave action system
- pushbutton controls
- 12 settings
- The lid fits tight and is hard to remove
- there is no personal blender attachment.
6. Magic Bullet Blender
It uses a cyclonic action to blend whatever you want to put into it with ease. It can pulverize, any fruit or vegetable, shake and blend for a perfect drink. This blender comes with three cups, one tall and two short, a blade for emulsifying and a flat blade.
- 600-watt motor with a high torque power base.
- There are two resalable lids is you are making a paste of puree.
- Has a 10 second recipe book.
- The jars are plastic, lids are stainless steel and leak proof.
- The blade is detachable and the cord is 60” long.
- The Magic Bullet Blender weight in at 4.7 pounds
The electrical standards meet both the United States and Canada’s specifications. It is relatively small so doesn’t take up much counter space.
- Light weight
- has easy clean up
- No cons could be found for this blender
5. Oster Reverse Crush Counterforms Blender
Oster has been in business for 100 years producing top line blenders. This model has a 1000 watt start up and then it blends at a steady 600 watts. Has superior extraction crushing and pulverizing capabilities.
The blade has a dual actin system and this automatically kicks the blade into a reverse direction in order to bring the upper contents down into the jar. This feature makes blade jams almost non-existent.
- 1000-watt motor
- Reverse crush
- 7 speeds
- 6 cup Jar is shatterproof and dishwasher safe.
- Pre-programed settings
- The blade has 6 points
- There is a 2 oz. filler cap to add liquids while blending
- The drive is all metal and carries a 10-year warranty
- There is also a 3-year satisfaction guarantee.
- The metal drive
- the 10-year warranty on that drive
- shatter proof jar
- Large for available counter space
- somewhat noisy
4. Ninja Kitchen System Pulse
The pulse technology of the machine assures evenly processed and blended every time,
Single serving blender cups with lids.
- Great for smoothies
- 500 watts
- 1 speed setting
- 40 oz. processor bowl and attachments that are easy to use.
- It kneads dough for cookies or pizza dough.
- Crushes ice into snow.
- BPA free.
- Crushes ice, fruit and vegetables completely in seconds
- Only comes in black finish.
- The bullet size cups are great for on the go
- easy clean up
- compact design
- The dough hook does not work well
- The dough gets chewy
- It also does not juice very well
3. Oster Pro 1200 Blender Plus 24 oz Smoothie Cup
This blender has the smart setting technology with 7 speeds including 3 that are pre-programed for the common blender usage. It also has the dual blade technology which gives extra power for grinding and chopping. There is a 3.5” blade that allows the ingredients to flow down the blade faster giving smoother results.
- 1200 watts of power with 900 watts of ice crushing power.
- The 6 cup blending jar is shatterproof and dishwasher safe
- You gain added control with the pulse feature
- Has the all metal drive found in all
- Oster products which gives you lasting durability.
- Included is an extra-large 24 oz. capacity smoothie cup
- The dual blade technology
- a shatterproof jar
- 7 speeds
- Rather large
- was not too user friendly
2. Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender
- 600 watts
- Has a high torque power base.
- Cyclonic action for better mixing and bringing the contents from the top down through the jar.
- Includes 1 flat blade and 1 emulsifying blade.
- 2 sealable lids,
- Has 1 short cup and one cup with handle
- 1 speed setting
- Stands 14” high
- Easy to use
- fast clean up
- Hard to tell how much to tighten lid so that it won’t leak down into the motor while in use.
- The fill to line needs to be more defined.
1. Ninja Professional Blender
- 1000 watts
- Has 3 speeds and an electronic control panel
- Off/on switch
- The Ninja 6 blade technology
- Locking lid
- BPA free and dishwasher safe
- Non slip base with cord storage
- Comfort grip handle
- Standard Ninja Technology
- easy clean up
- off and on switch
- Blends really fast and leaves the fruit feeling grainy
- Small pieces of fruit not broken up and blended.
Which Smoothie Blender Should You Buy?
In conclusion, there are hundreds of blenders on the market with a thousand reviews for each one of them. This makes the task of selecting the correct one for your household use really tough and very frustrating.
The things to look for are efficiency, how user friendly is it, and is it in your price range. By reading the reviews on these top 10 blenders you can narrow down your search for the right one.
It is important for you to have in mind the features you are looking for in order to make the best choice for your use. Click here to see the one I bought and use daily.