Anyone who loves a relaxing, hot bath or soak can benefit from a bath pillow. Their plush, padded designs are shaped to give you the most comfort possible while still being water-resistant and are easier to use than a thick towel wrapped behind your head.
Many have suction cups on the back so you can position them exactly where you need them to go, and then can just forget about them until you are done with your bath.
If you find yourself shopping for a bath pillow, the sheer range of sizes, styles, and options can be overwhelming.
The Benefits of Owning a Bath Pillow
Before we share our extensive list of bath pillows, let’s take a look at some of the main benefits of owning one and reasons why you should purchase one from our list today.
Prevents Neck and Back Pain
One of the main benefits of bath pillows is helping to improve your posture and spinal cord while you sit in a long hot bath. Without using a neck pillow, you are increasing the chances of getting neck and back pain, since you aren’t supporting your muscles and bones, but relying on the plastic from the bath to hold you.
Fortunately, bath pillows prevent too much pressure on your neck and back so you can enjoy a bath without worrying about any pain or muscle fatigue.
Another benefit of bath pillows is simply enjoying your time in the hot water and being able to relax knowing that you’re not putting any additional stress on your body. Soaking in hot water while lying on a comfortable bath pillow enhances your comfort so you can feel completely free of tension and stress.
Enhances Your Bath Experience
Finally, bath pillows are a great way to enjoy your time in a bathtub to calm any arthritic pains and relieve any skin conditions. It’s important to enjoy the time you spend on your bath as it’s more than just feeling clean, but being relaxed and content.
Thankfully, bath pillows allow you to spend more time in the water, so you can enjoy more of the health benefits associated with sitting in hot water.
How To Choose The Best Bath Pillows For You
Now that we’ve reviewed the main benefits of owning a bath pillow, let’s discuss some of the most important considerations to remember throughout your search.
First, you should research the material the bath pillows you’re interested in are made of since you discover many different types throughout your search.
Generally speaking, they’re made of fabric, PVC or vinyl, although you can also purchase fabric-covered pillows (though they’re not ideal for soaking in the water). We suggest vinyl bath pillows as this material is warm against your skin, is waterproof and remains soft so you can enjoy your time in the bathtub.
Size and Suction
It’s now time to focus on the size and suction of the bath pillows. Some pillows are filled with water so they can become weighty. In these cases, you’ll require strong and firm suction caps that can hold this excess weight. Low-quality and lightweight suction caps aren’t reliable since they’ll cause the pillow to slide down once you’re in position.
It’s important that your bath pillow is quick to dry to prevent any mold or mildew forming. It should also be low maintenance so it can completely dry in the air without any special treatment. You may also wish to purchase a machine-washable pillow so you can thoroughly clean it after each use and keep any bacteria away.
Finally, and most importantly, you want your bath pillow to be comfortable or there’s no benefit of using it. Ensure you look at the thickness, as thinner pillows aren’t as comfortable to lay on. Test it out before putting it to use to ensure it feels soft against your neck and shoulders. If not, opt for a thicker, softer design.
The Top 10 Best Bath Pillows To Buy
With this guide to the top 10 best bath pillows in 2019, you can have a better idea of the top choices on the market today and see the pros and cons of each. No matter what your budget, there is certain to be at least one on the list that stands out to you.
Table of Contents
- The Benefits of Owning a Bath Pillow
- How To Choose The Best Bath Pillows For You
- The Top 10 Best Bath Pillows To Buy
- 10. Better Houseware Luxury Bath Pillow
- 9. Blue Coast Collection Bath Pillow
- 8. White Vinyl Shell-Shaped Spa Bath Pillow
- 7. Estilo Luxury Bath and Spa Pillow
- 6. Curv Bath Pillow by STEADI
- 3. Terry Covered Bath Pillow Natural 1 Unit
10. Better Houseware Luxury Bath Pillow
The Better Houseware Luxury Bath Pillow is an innovative spa pillow with two sections for added comfort and mobility. If you like to lean back and have your head at an angle then the dual-sectioned design is a definite benefit compared to other models.
It is padded with foam, encased in plastic, and held in place with seven suction cups – five on the bottom pad and two on the top pad for added stability.
The foam gives support for the head, neck, and shoulders without needing to be inflated before each use. Its white vinyl cover is odor and chemical resistant.
- Low Maintenance: Built to be odor and chemical resistant.
- Two Sectional Support to give extra cushioning and support for the head, neck and shoulders.
- Very soft vinyl cover that feels warm against the skin
- Some consumers note that the suction cup is unable to stick to their walls or tub
- Stiff, dense foam does not have a lot of flexibility when pressing against it
- Strong plastic/vinyl smell when first out of the box
9. Blue Coast Collection Bath Pillow
The Blue Coast Collection Bath Pillow is a solid day-to-day choice for those looking at bath solutions that can stand up to frequent use. Its fast drying fibers are soft and less likely to deflate than similar foam models, and it is designed to resist mold, odors, and be able to be air dried without a washing machine or dryer.
The manufacturer has backed each pillow with a six-month warranty and a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. The contoured design is meant to stabilize the neck and shoulders during the bath, so you can relax then feel rejuvenated and refreshed afterwards. Its blue color and neutral design is marketed towards both men and women.
- Open Air Fibers are soft, and mold/mildew resistant
- Suitable for all tub types, including Jacuzzis
- Fast drying
- Suction cups may slip on a straight-backed tub
- Can stick if not washed and dried regularly
8. White Vinyl Shell-Shaped Spa Bath Pillow
If you are creating a bathroom that doubles as a whimsical spa by the beach, then the Shell-Shaped Spa Bath Pillow would definitely match the décor.
It’s special shape allows it to cushion your entire head when leaning back against it, and it is made with a smooth, non-irritating cover derived from 100 percent quality vinyl.
The inflatable design allows it to be blown up before bathing then compacted down when not in use, which makes it easy to store if you do not plan on using it every day.
- Waterproof, 100% vinyl cover
- Excellent head and shoulder support
- Pretty, shell-shaped design
- Valve can leak air under pressure
- Smaller than others on the list
7. Estilo Luxury Bath and Spa Pillow
The Estilo Luxury Bath and Spa Pillow reflects a design commitment to comfort and support. Its dual-section feature is backed by seven suction cups to reduce slippage against multiple tub surfaces and also provide a comfortable resting place for the head and neck.
The foam-filled interior gives a solid resting point regardless of the size or shape of the tub. It resists chemicals such as chlorine, so you can also bring it into the hot tub or Jacuzzi. This bath pillow is even recommended for daily use.
- Low stain
- Can be used every day
- Dual-Section design offers superior head and neck support
- Tends towards mold if left unattended in bathroom
- Suction clings can be tricky to install
6. Curv Bath Pillow by STEADI
True to its name, the STEADI Curv Bath Pillow features a highly concave design which lets your head rest inside of the cushion for a maximum, stress-free relaxation experience.
The rip resistant durable cover and the thick foam make for a durable pillow which can hold up for a long period of time. The heavy-duty suction cups perform well, maintaining their “stick” even under high weight and pressure, so you can trust that the pillow will stay where you want it to go.
- Heavy duty suction cups
- Odor, chemical, and waterproof
- Foam filling maintains strength and durability
- Tough material takes longer to break in, or feels too firm
- Tends to absorb a lot of water
- Not a lot of room to move your head
5. Gorilla Grip Bath Pillow
The Gorilla Grip Bath Pillow is one of the original bath pillows on the modern market. It is still a well-respected brand, which may be why it is backed by one of the best guarantees on this list, a 10-year, 100 percent guarantee behind every Gorilla Grip pillow sold.
The name comes from the firm grip of its suction cups, which hold tightly to the edge of a tub so you can rest assured that it will not move mid-bath. The pillow’s large, dual-section design allows for you to turn your head freely so you do not feel confined while resting on the pillow.
It’s two inches of soft foam offer a cozy environment for your head and the large size also gives your head, neck and shoulders a top-notch level of support.
- Premium waterproof material is soft to the touch
- Backed by a 100 percent guarantee and 10-year warranty
- Heavy-duty suction cups keep your pillow where you want it to go
- Lower profile may detract those who want a more substantial pillow
4. Mother’s Day Bath Pillow
The Mother’s Day Bath Pillow is notable for its fast-drying design and certainly makes a wonderful gift to show a mother how much you care. It’s suction cups are durable and removable, so they can be adjusted according to the best fit for you or for Mom.
The quality polyurethane material it is made out of is notable for its beauty, softness, and tight, water-resistant seams which will keep your hair dry and your enjoyment higher.
- Money Back satisfaction guarantee
- resistant to water, mold and mildew
- High quality design and materials for less maintenance
- Suction cups may slip on some surfaces
- Tough foam construction may be too firm for some users
3. Terry Covered Bath Pillow Natural 1 Unit
The Terry Covered Bath Pillow has a natural brown terry cloth covering over an inflatable plastic center. Its main drawback is that the terry cloth material is not as waterproof as some of the vinyl coverings.
The cloth material is very soft to the touch, and the blowup process for the pillow is quick and easy, and allows for easy folding and storage when done.
- Comfortable Terry Cloth cover for softness
- Easy blowup and deflate feature for storage
- Therapeutic Design to the help head and neck rest
- Does not stick to textured tub basins
- Not waterproof
2. Luxury Bath Pillow by De La Mar
The De La Mar Luxury Bath Pillow comes from a well-respected bath accessory brand that has been making adults’ bath time more enjoyable for many years. It’s ergonomic design gives excellent head and neck support and is contoured for maximum ease of use.
It is 100 percent water resistant and guaranteed not to develop mold or mildew when used correctly. It is also noted for its small, portable size, which can make it a great travel option for those on the go.
- Quick Install with heavy duty suction cups
- Contoured design
- Firm texture can feel uncomfortable until broken in
- Smaller size gives less room to move head on pillow
1. Epica Luxury Spa Bath Pillow
The Epica Luxury Spa Bath Pillow brings the high-end luxury spa experience directly into your home bathroom, hot tub or Jacuzzi tub. The two-panel design and flexible hinge allow it to fit a variety of tub sizes, shapes and side angles, so it can be used by just about anyone.
It’s backed by a 10 year comfort guarantee, so you can relax in complete assurance that it will be taken care of. The 2x Thick Luxury Foam is the same material used in high-end spas, so the feel, texture, and durability is tough to match.
- Heavy-duty suction cups and flexible design match almost all tubs
- Soft, comfortable backing
- Moderate thickness
- Crimping on the plastic edges
- Plastic cover can crack and allow water inside
Which Bath Pillow Should You Buy?
While your exact preferences will lead you to your own conclusions, of the ones on this list, the Epica Luxury Spa Bath Pillow is a top choice. It has reached a middle ground between support and softness, as well as a flexible design and sturdy suction cups that prevent slippage.
The price is very reasonable for the quality and it is also backed by a manufacturer’s guarantee. You can give it a try by checking out the website and purchasing it for yourself. You will be entranced from the first use.