As the baseball season is getting closer, it might be time to get a new batting glove. With so many options, it might be overwhelming to know exactly which ones to pick.
Keep in mind, not all gloves are equal and some are going to fall apart much quicker than others. Thankfully, they are relatively inexpensive so you can get one pretty quickly if you need to.
Also keep in mind that the best time to buy them is on the off season because the prices will be lower. You also might have a better selection because there aren’t a ton of people buying them.
You want to make sure that you find a glove that will withstand the season, if not a few of them. You can never go wrong by having multiple gloves in your bag.
This will help make sure that you aren’t without this valuable piece of equipment. Another thing you want to be sure of is that the gloves fit you perfectly.
Being too tight or too loose can completely throw off your game and possibly even cause injuries. Remember, before buying, always do research and always make sure you try on the gloves to test the fit.
Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best baseball batting gloves on the market in 2019.
Table of Contents
- 10. Easton Youth HS VRS Batting Gloves
- 9. Mizuno Covert Batting Gloves
- 8. Clutch Sports Apparel American Flag Baseball Batting Gloves
- 7. Under Armour Boys Clean-Up Vi Batting Gloves
- 6. Under Armour Men’s Clean-Up VI Batting Gloves
- 5. DeMarini Digi Camo II Batting Gloves
- 4. Franklin Sports MLB Shok-Sorb Neo Batting Gloves
- 3. Easton Z7 Hyperskin Batting Pair Gloves
- 2. Franklin Sports MLB CFX Pro Batting Gloves
- 1. Franklin Sports MLB Digitek Batting Gloves
- Which Baseball Batting Gloves Should You Buy?
10. Easton Youth HS VRS Batting Gloves
The Easton Youth batting glove has a padded palm area so it can hold up during the entire season. In addition, there are 4 palm pads that are placed in such a way that they absorb the shock that happens when you hit the ball. These also help reduce the risk of blisters and calluses.
Each knuckle has Zonal Flex and a 3D diamond mesh on each joint to help ensure a proper and comfortable fit. The fact that the wrist part of the glove is around 40% longer than other gloves means that it gives more support and comfort. When ordering, it will come with both a right hand and left hand glove.
- It comes with a right hand and left hand glove.
- They reduce the risks of blisters.
- They are made in a way that makes them stand up better than others.
- A few people have complained that the color transfers to the hands.
- Some people have said they run a little bit small
9. Mizuno Covert Batting Gloves
The palm of these are made from white leather that is top quality. It’s also made with a material called Mizuno AirMesh, which helps the gloves be breathable and flexible. These do come in youth and adult sizes so make sure you choose the correct one.
In addition, the wrist tab makes it so you can easily and quickly get the tightness you need. The fact that the wrist material is is made with neoprene that is compression molded makes it so it fits extremely well and is comfortable. It doesn’t dig into your wrists like other gloves. Finally, the chrome logo is 3D and gives the gloves an overall professional look.
- It fits well
- It’s extremely comfortable
- They are flexible and move with your hands
- The logo isn’t moveable so it can end up hurting someone.
- Some people have said they only last for around 1 season
8. Clutch Sports Apparel American Flag Baseball Batting Gloves
These gloves have the design of the American flag but can be bought in different colors. The colors in comes in are: original with white, pink, original with black leather, camo, tactical, thin blue line, and thin red line.
The fingertips are naturally curved so they fit better and conform to your fingers. The gloves themselves are made with a mesh material, which makes them more breathable and less likely to make your hands sweat.
In terms of the back of the gloves, it’s completely restriction free so you don’t have to worry about any kind of limitation. Finally, these gloves come in youth and adult sizes so you can be sure there are gloves for everyone.
- They have a perfect fit
- They last multiple seasons
- They are very comfortable
- After some uses, the colors might start to fade.
- The padding can be a bit much
7. Under Armour Boys Clean-Up Vi Batting Gloves
With multiple different colors, these boys batting gloves are sure to be a hit. They have a material called HeatGear on the back, which helps wick sweat and dries quickly. It also provides a 4-way stretch for ultimate comfort.
The synthetic overlays on the gloves help give more support without limiting mobility or flexibility. The palm itself is made from goatskin leather and the palm side of the fingers have additional holes to help give better ventilation. The colors are bright and they stand up well, which is great because it means you can use it for more than one season!
- You can use it for several seasons
- It has great ventilation
- It has great support
- After while the color fades
- The stitching might start to loosen up after a few seasons
6. Under Armour Men’s Clean-Up VI Batting Gloves
With the wide range of colors and sizes, these gloves are great for any man. There’s no worries about sweaty, wet hands because they come with HeatGear. This makes it so it wicks out all the sweat and makes the gloves dry quickly.
The overlays that are on the gloves help give more support and grip without restricting flexibility and comfort. The goatskin leather that the palm is made from gives you a soft and comfortable feeling, as well as strong durability. These gloves also include a tag on the inside so you can put your name on it and ensure that it won’t get lost or stolen!
- You can put your name on the inside tag
- It is made with HeatGear
- It’s comfortable and flexible
- The seams can easily come apart
- The colors might dye your hands
5. DeMarini Digi Camo II Batting Gloves
These awesome gloves come in many different colors of camo, including: green, purple, and blue. The palm of these batting gloves is made from sheepskin leather, which give you the highest amount of comfort.
In addition, the back of the glove is ribbed and equipped with 4-way stretch. The wrist strap is pro grade and does a fantastic job of wicking away any moisture. This means you don’t have to worry about sweaty, wet hands.
The overlay on the back of the glove is silicone, which gives an extra layer of protection and durability. Finally, these gloves have added relief on the knuckles so you don’t have to worry about them being too tight and limiting flexibility and movement.
- Many colors to choose from
- The sheepskin leather gives a high level of comfort
- The wrist strap helps reduce any moisture
- There isn’t a whole lot of padding so blisters can happen
- They can tear pretty quickly
4. Franklin Sports MLB Shok-Sorb Neo Batting Gloves
A great thing about these gloves is that they use a system called SHOK-SORB, which means they absorb any impact and vibrations that happen from hitting the ball. This will also help reduce blisters and calluses. The design itself is see through mesh with the backing being made from lycra.
The leather helps keep smoothness and touch no matter what is going on. The gloves also have flex points that are placed in such a way that the gloves stay flexible. Finally, this glove also uses a floating them technology, which means that the thumb part isn’t attached directly to the rest of the glove. This also means that you’ll have better control and be able to adapt quickly.
- The SHOK-SORB technology helps absorb any vibrations and impact
- The flex points help keep everything flexible
- The fact that the thumb isn’t directly attached helps you have much better control
- There isn’t much grip on the fingers
- They can run a bit small
3. Easton Z7 Hyperskin Batting Pair Gloves
These come in so many different designs and colors that you’re sure to have all eyes on you. Not only is the palm made from goat skin leather, but it’s also tacky, which gives it a good grip.
The back of the glove has hyper skin lycra, as well as fused silicone. This makes it so there is extra durability without sacrificing flexibility or movement. The strap has a neoprene band and pull tab, which helps ensure proper fit.
This also helps ensure that your gloves won’t go flying off when batting. An added benefit of this manufacturer is that it’s actually an official sponsor of the Little League World Series.
- The fused silicone gives durability without restricting movement
- The wrist strap helps ensure perfect fit
- The palm is tacky which helps with grip
- The colors can easily stain your hands
- There isn’t a lot of padding so they don’t prevent blisters very well
2. Franklin Sports MLB CFX Pro Batting Gloves
With over 10 styles and colors, these official MLB gloves are sure to be perfect for anyone. The palm material is one solid piece of leather that provides a smooth feeling when up to bat.
It also feels like there’s nothing there while absorbing any vibrations and shocks from hitting the ball. In addition, it has the floating thumb technology, which means that you don’t have to worry about not having full control and flexibility.
The bridge on the back of the knuckles is made from neoprene, which you can get more flexibility and movement in that area. Finally, the way they are made makes it so you have good protection without the gloves being too bulky.
- It has added stability without being bulky
- It’s thin yet protective
- You can have full control over the thumb
- The thumb areas can twist easily since they aren’t connected
- The gloves can run small or big
1. Franklin Sports MLB Digitek Batting Gloves
The palm of these gloves are digitally etched which means it gives a much better grip than other gloves. The leather palm patch is made from high quality leather and the Tri-Curve technology makes it so you get a perfect fit. The glove is flexible and durable.
In addition, they conform to your hands and fingers so it feels like the glove was made specifically for you. They have a decent amount of padding and they come in several colors.
The underside of the fingers also have several tiny holes to help with ventilation and sweating. The final thing about this glove is that the wrist strap is made so you get the perfect amount of tightness.
- It has decent ventilation
- Tri-Curve technology gives a perfect fit
- The digitally etched palm gives a much better grip
- The sizing is a little bit off
- They can easily get tears and holes
Which Baseball Batting Gloves Should You Buy?
While all of these batting gloves would be great choices, the one that comes out on top is the Clutch Sports Apparel American Flag Baseball Batting Gloves.
Not only do the colors really pop, but they are the perfect fit. They have a lot of padding so you don’t have to worry about the vibrations from hitting the ball.
In addition, they are breathable so you don’t have to worry about your palms getting too sweaty. These batting gloves will surely stand up and you can even use them for multiple seasons! Having more than one pair could even switch things up a bit!