It doesn’t take a genius to realize that having a baby is time-consuming. Aside from the obvious sleep issues, babies also require frequent diaper changes, laundry cleanings, and feedings. With so much attention, this leaves little time for anything else in life.
Even work becomes secondary to baby care. With so many demands for your attention, what are possible ways to save time when it comes to baby care?
One of the most obvious ways is to find ways to speed meal preparations for your baby. It takes a significant amount of time to chop up and emulsify food by hand.
With machines out there to do this job for you, this is a great way to add extra hours to your day.
What are some questions to consider when looking for a baby food maker? Some characteristics include price, safety, and reliability.
What about a recipe book?
Does it come with serving trays and measuring cups?
Does it cut as well as emulsify?
Does it have a steamer and blender?
When it comes to your baby, you deserve only the highest quality. Make sure you know every characteristic of the various baby food makers on the market before making a decision.
Below we have reviewed the top 10 best baby food makers in 2019 to help you choose the best one for your needs.
Table of Contents
- 10. Sage Spoonfuls Baby Food Maker
- Click here to buy from Amazon
- 9. OXO Tot Mash Maker Baby Food Mill
- 8. BEABA Babycook – Sorbet
- 7. BEABA Babycook – Latte Mint
- 6. Baby Food Feeder
- 5. Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care System
- 4. Infantino Squeeze Station
- 3. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
- 2. NUK Mash and Serve Bowl
- 1. Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker
- Which Baby Food Maker Should You Buy?
10. Sage Spoonfuls Baby Food Maker
This is a beautiful food processor made out of stainless steel. With a patented design, this food processor is one of the highest quality models on the market. The 250-watt food processor chops and grinds up even the toughest of foods into perfect meals that all babies can enjoy. It is free from any dangerous heavy metals that can sometimes flake into the meals.
- This machine is dishwasher safe. This makes cleaning easy.
- This conveniently scoops food into perfect portion sizes that babies can enjoy.
- It uses a powerful motor that can handle the hardest of foods. This includes nuts.
- The blender can make a huge mess if not used properly.
- The powerful motor can backfire on thicker foods, such as cooked spinach, and quickly burn itself out.
9. OXO Tot Mash Maker Baby Food Mill
This is one of the highest quality baby food makers on the market today. It comes with both a stainless steel blade and powerful grinding plate that will emulsify cooked fruits and vegetables easily. When finished, there is a removable lid that allows you to scoop the food from the top.
Furthermore, the machine comes with a contoured body that you can easily pick up and hold. In addition, this product has a textured base that prevents the machine from sliding when you’re using it.
- The product does not require any batteries or electricity to use.
- The non-slip base prevents you from accidentally sliding the machine off of the counter and creating a mess.
- The contoured body allows for easy transport and use.
- The lack of a motor means this requires much more strength to use.
- The lack of motor also means the machine cannot handle any hard foods or foods with tough exteriors.
8. BEABA Babycook – Sorbet
This is a patented machine that serves a diverse array of uses. You can use this product as a blender, a defroster, or a steamer to efficiently prepare baby meals. Furthermore, this machine prepares foods in a way that preserves the nutrients your child needs to grow up properly.
Furthermore, this machine is user dependent. This allows parents to prepare foods to the proper consistency for your baby. This machine is also dishwasher safe. It comes with a spatula and recipe book.
- It is dishwasher safe. This makes cleanup easy.
- It comes with a spatula and recipe book with fantastic ideas for baby meals.
- The machine is straightforward and easy to use.
- Removing the bowl reveals a hole into the water chamber. If this water is hot it is easy to burn yourself.
- The lack of a motor can make it a challenge to emulsify hard foods.
7. BEABA Babycook – Latte Mint
This is a multi-tool that is perfect for any mom struggling to prepare meals for baby. It can both cook and process meals in minutes. It can cook, steam, defrost, and more. It also comes with an automatic shut-off to preserve the quality of the meals and keep children safe. It also is free from any harmful metals that can contaminate many meals. It comes with a stainless steel water reservoir with a capacity of 4.7 cups. This can produce dozens of servings at once.
- The ability to perform multiple functions saves time and space.
- It has a large capacity that can perform multiple functions at once.
- It is free from any metals that can accidentally flake off from products into meals and cause health concerns.
- The large water heater can accidentally spill if the bowl is detached. This makes it easy to burn yourself.
- This machine costs $160. This makes it one of the most expensive food processors on the market.
6. Baby Food Feeder
This machine represents both a toy and a food processor. It can handle fresh fruits and vegetables as well as breast milk and meat. Moms can place foods into the hole and relax because the nipple holes only allow smaller sizes through at a single time.
Furthermore, cleanup simply requires a soap and water wash. In addition, when babies chew on the silicone the baby’s gums will feel relieved. This makes this processor perfect for teething babies. Furthermore, this item is free from any dangerous metals.
- This machine doubles as a toy for teething infants as well as a food processor.
- It is one of the cheapest food processors on the market.
- It is free from any dangerous metals or lead paint.
- It cannot handle harder foods. You should avoid nuts or foods with hard exteriors.
- It is not the most durable product. Do not let your children whack this on the table.
5. Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care System
This is a large machine that comes with multiple cups that allows you to prepare a week’s worth of food in minutes. It includes a powerful motor that can handle everything from fruits and vegetables to tough nuts and meats. It comes with a useful dating system and multiple storage containers to easy preservation. This machine can handle foods for all stages of infant development.
- It includes a powerful motor that can handle tough foods.
- It comes with multiple cups and a dating system to prepare multiple meals at once.
- It is useful for all ages of infants.
- The motor can struggle to move through thick foods.
- The inside contains small parts that can detach and fall into meals.
4. Infantino Squeeze Station
This machine is perfect for letting kids suck out puree foods. This machine is easy to learn and perfect for preventing messy meals. Simply insert the pouch and pour in puree meals. Pressing down on the top will seal the pouch. Kids will love the easy meals! Furthermore, sucking on the pouch will relieve the irritated gums. It comes with a non-slip base and includes the first 10 pouches. Kids will love the meals.
- This product comes with a non-slip base.
- It includes 10 bags that relieve painful gums.
- The pouches are easy for children to use.
- You have to purchase more bags when the first 10 run out.
- This machine isn’t a food processor. You have to puree the food before placing it into this machine.
3. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
This is a powerful food processor made out of shiny chrome and sturdy nickel. Another popular machine from Cuisinart, this food processor represents the top quality available. It includes a 3 cup plastic work bowl. This is perfect for mixing larger meals. The 250-watt food processor uses a powerful steel blade that can handle even the toughest of foods. The design is easy to learn and is dishwasher safe.
- The machine is dishwasher safe.
- The motor is powerful enough to handle nuts and meats along with the softer foods.
- The stainless steel blade can reverse direction and ensure the food is emulsified to the desired consistency.
- It can be difficult to control how emulsified the foods end up.
- The powerful motor can burn out on thicker foods, such as cooked spinach.
2. NUK Mash and Serve Bowl
This is a very simple design that anyone can figure out. The bowl comes with a contour shape that makes it easy to use. Combined with a textured handle, it comes with a tool that can quickly mash up fruits and vegetables.
It’s small size makes it perfect for both home and away use. The bowl has a non-skid base that ensures it won’t slide on the counter or make a mess. Cleanup is easy because it is dishwasher safe and free from any heavy metals.
- At just under $6, this is the cheapest product on the market.
- This weighs next to nothing and fits in a backpack. This means that this can be used anywhere.
- It is free from dangerous heavy metals that can make babies sick.
- This is a manual tool. This means it cannot chop up nuts or other hard foods.
- It is easy to make a large mess.
1. Baby Brezza One Step Baby Food Maker
This food processor is remarkably easy to use. Simply inserting the food into the cup is all that is required. The machine will do the rest. Because this machine only has one bowl, there aren’t any messy transfers or opportunities to injure yourself. In minutes, the meal is ready to eat. Furthermore, this machine is also free from dangerous heavy metals.
- This machine is also a steamer. With multiple purposes, this is a useful machine.
- It can handle everything from fruits to meats in minutes.
- The machine can be set to automatically shut off after a certain amount of time. You can step away for a few minutes and do something else.
- The paint inside the water reservoir is prone to flaking off.
- The stains on the equipment can be difficult to clean.
Which Baby Food Maker Should You Buy?
In summary, there are many different food processors. There are powerful electric motors that can emulsify anything. On the other hand, there are simple hand tools that can only handle fruits and vegetables. While these tools can’t handle nuts, they are perfect for use on the go.
I prefer the Cuisinart machine because the company has a long track record of safety and reliability. It is dishwasher safe and can handle difficult nuts. Nuts are important for babies because they are packed with protein that is essential for growth. Ultimately, you have to decide which tool is best for your needs. All of these items will save time in the kitchen.