Android Wear was first announced in 2014. Since then, Android Wear has made many advancements in terms of technology. At first, there were only a few companies which designed Android Wear mainly Motorola and LG.
Nowadays, many companies involved in handset making have also involved themselves in designing Android Wear. Regular watchmakers have also started adopting the Google-powered smartwatch platform.
Currently, due to the increment of the number of watches, it is hard to choose the par excellence type of a watch. Regarding hardware and software, most watches are alike. Therefore, as a buyer, you have to look at the design of the watch; as it is the most distinguishable factor between the watches.
Advice on Buying an Android Smartwatch
There are many factors to consider when searching for the best Android smartwatch. Fortunately, we’ve provided a guide to follow to refine your search and find the best product for you.
Buttons vs Touch Screen
One of the first features to decide is whether you want to navigate your Android smartwatch via a touch screen or buttons. A touch screen is sometimes difficult to access small displays, and can be inconvenient if you have large fingers. However, it’s a convenient way to swipe to your favorite apps and access all featuers.
Alternatively, buttons are more reliable and less finicky to use, making them great for people with chunky fingers. However, it’ll take some time getting used to these navigations since one button can conduct several functions.
Most Android smartwatches are equipped with exercise apps so you can track your fitness and focus on getting more exercise. However, not all devices are fitted with heart-rate monitors, calorie-counters, and GPS tracking, and those that are generally cost more money. Consider if you’ll use this feature or it isn’t worth the extra cost. You’ll also need additional features such as a waterproof setting if you intend to swim while wearing your smartwatch.
Ideally, your smartwatch will last for hours before you need to charge it again, but the battery life can vary significantly depending on the model you choose. For example, those with more features, such as advanced sensors, high-definition resolution, large screens and more, tend to run out of battery quicker than simpler models.
Another factor to consider is the storage. Do you plan to store lots of photos and videos on your smartwatch or is this not something you’re looking for? Perhaps you want to open music files to listen to music on the go without using your smartphone. If so, you’ll need an internal memory of at least 4GB.
A smartwatch is great for answering calls and texts when your phone isn’t close, but you’ll need 4G to use this feature. This requires some thought and research as you’ll need to have the same network carrier on your smartphone and smartwatch. Plus, bear in mind that using 4G will impact the device’s battery life, so prioritize what’s most important to you.
Speaker and Microphone
If you want to accept calls, you’ll need a built-in speaker and microphone to communicate with others. A built-in microphone allows you to talk to others, but this is also useful for accessing Siri and other apps.
A speaker isn’t essential for everyone, since you can use a vibration mode to notify you of incoming calls and texts, however it’s a great feature for using alarms and setting reminders.
Finally, owning an Android smartwatch is fun and you can be creative with the designs. But, this involves purchasing a device that enables you to play around with different straps, frames, and cases. If you work in a heavy-duty environment, switching straps can be a beneficial practical idea and not just about the device’s appearance. But if you wish to wear the smartwatch every day, it’s great to have the option to switch up the look.
The Top 10 Best Android Smartwatches To Buy
To assist you as a buyer in choosing the best smartwatch to buy, we have come up with a list of the top 10 best smartwatches in 2019 currently available in the market.
Table of Contents
- Advice on Buying an Android Smartwatch
- The Top 10 Best Android Smartwatches To Buy
- 10. Scinex SW10 16GB Smart Watch
- 9. LG Electronics G Watch
- 8. Sony Smart Watch SW2
- 7. Sony SmartWatch
- 6. LEMFO Bluetooth Leather Smart Watch
- 5. Pebble Time Smartwatch
- 4. Samsung Gear Fit Smart Watch
- 3. Pebble Steel Smartwatch
- 2. Motorola Moto 360
- 1. Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smartwatch
- Which Android Smartwatch Should You Buy?
10. Scinex SW10 16GB Smart Watch
Scinex SW10 is the latest smartwatch technology advancement with innovation to the gadget and mobile company. This device offers the most suitable gadget that betters a person’s way of life. The watch has a 16GB inbuilt memory and an external memory slot supporting up to 32GB.
Additionally, the smartwatch also has a 1.3MP camera for photos and videos. This smartwatch possesses a 1.5″ OGS Touch Screen, and a clear LCD.
- Scinex SW10 smartwatch can pair with both Android and iPhone devices
- You can read and reply messages, and also read notifications
- Scinex SW10 smartwatch can act as a self-deepened cell phone device by inserting a GSM SIM card
- The watch lacks a jack for an external earbud/microphone
- Scinex SW10 smartwatch is not ideal for texting
- The back of the phones pops out easily.
9. LG Electronics G Watch
LG G Watch is one of the few smartwatches manufactured by LG to run on Google’s latest Android Wear operating system. The watch has a 4GB internal memory, 1.2GHZ Snapdragon 400 CPU, and Bluetooth 4.0.
Additionally, the watch also has an Android Wear OS, Altimeter, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, 512MB Memory, 400mAh Li-Polymer battery, and a 1.65-inch IPS LCD touch screen display.
- LG G Watch has perfect voice recognition
- Google Now notifications function correctly
- LG G Watch has a logical selection of early Android Wear applications
- The watch is compatible with many devices running on Android version starting from 4.3 onwards
- The watch has a poor outdoor visibility
- LG G Watch has a poor battery life
- LG G Watch has an ordinary watch design
8. Sony Smart Watch SW2
Sony Smart Watch SW2 establishes exciting and trending ways to interact and improve your Android Experience. Some of the features of the Sony Smartwatch SW2 include waterproof, dust resistant, and scratch resistant. Besides, the watch can also be used as a compass, timer, stopwatch, calculator, as well as a phone remote.
- Sony Smart Watch SW2is compatible with many devices running on Android version 4.0, or later.
- Sony Smart Watch SW2It can support a broad range of applications
- The watch has a longer battery life
- Sony Smart Watch SW2 has a Near Field Communication, making it easy to setup
- Sony Smart Watch SW2 has only five watch faces in settings
- The watch has a finite number of applications made for it
7. Sony SmartWatch
Sony SmartWatch comes with a stylish modern design that when worn on the wrist, will make you look classic. Some of the features of Sony SmartWatch include a multi-touch color 1.3-Inch OLED display, has a weight of 1.6 ounces, calculator, stopwatch, and a timer.
- Sony SmartWatch has an elegant design
- Sony SmartWatch has a longer battery life
- The watch has Impressive inbuilt applications
- The watch vibrates anytime you receive a notification and also displays the message
- Sony SmartWatch It has a poor outdoor visibility
- The watch is not completely waterproof
- Sony SmartWatch has a thick back clip
- The watch has a very small area range support for connectivity
6. LEMFO Bluetooth Leather Smart Watch
LEMFO Bluetooth Leather Smart Watch is a trending smartwatch that gives you the best user -experience. The watch has remarkable features such as a gyroscope, weighs 62 grams, and Bluetooth 4.0.
Additionally, it also has a 360mAh battery, a display of IPS full view 1.54″ TFT 240*240pixel, supports a microphone, has a gorilla screen, and a pedometer fitness tracker.
- The watch is waterproof
- LEMFO Bluetooth Leather Smart Watch supports push mobile application notifications
- The watch has a fast touch reaction and the display is easy to use
- LEMFO Bluetooth Leather Smart Watch has a heart rate monitor
- LEMFO Bluetooth Leather Smart Watch has a poor battery life
- The watch does not have many inbuilt applications
5. Pebble Time Smartwatch
Pebble Time Smartwatch is one of the most appealing smartwatches regarding design. The watch has a built-in microphone for quick replies, and voice notes, 9.5mm thin chassis with an ergonomic profile, and a 2.5D Gorilla Glass-covered color display.
Also, it supports water resistance of up to 30 meters of depth, has a LED backlight, and a Marine Grade Stainless Steel bezel.
- Pebble Time Smartwatch has a longer battery life
- Pebble Time Smartwatch is compatible with both Android devices running Android version 4.0, or later, and iOS devices
- The watch support push mobile app notifications
- The watch has a low color E-Paper screen
- Pebble Time Smartwatch It has a large bezel
- Pebble Time Smartwatch has a finite number of inbuilt applications
4. Samsung Gear Fit Smart Watch
Samsung Gear Fit Smart Watch is an elegant smartwatch manufactured by Samsung for Samsung Galaxy phones. Some of the specifications of the watch include a Heart Rate Sensor, curved Super AMOLED display which is long-lasting and is both water and dust resistant. The watch also has a timer, stopwatch, sleep tracker, pedometer, and weighs 28.3495 grams.
- Samsung Gear Fit Smart Watch supports instant notifications of incoming calls, SMS, email, and 3rd party applications
- Samsung Gear Fit Smart Watch is very light
- The watch has a longer battery life
- Samsung Gear Fit Smart Watch It allows you to control your media
- Samsung Gear Fit Smart Watch has many bugs
- The watch lacks motivational messages
- The watch requires several apps to view data, and manage the device
3. Pebble Steel Smartwatch
Pebble Steel Smartwatch is designed with an elegant look and comes with smart functions to improve the quality of the watch. The watch is polished with marine-grade stainless steel which makes it durable. It also has a Gorilla Glass-covered color display, and an Optical hard coating for scratch resistance.
Additionally, it has other features such as a LED backlight, supports Lithium-ion battery, Bluetooth 4.0, and the watch is water resistant.
- Pebble Steel Smartwatch is durable
- Pebble Steel Smartwatch has a longer battery life
- The watch has a good outdoor visibility
- Pebble Steel Smartwatch has many watch faces and inbuilt applications
- The watch has a brilliant display
- Intermittent loss of Bluetooth connectivity
- The wristbands of the watch are hard to change
2. Motorola Moto 360
Motorola Moto 360 has an appealing design and features that will increase your user experience. Some of the features of the watch include 1.5-inch 320 x 290 display, an Android Wear Operating System, Bluetooth 4.0, and a heart rate monitor.
Also, the watch features a 4GB internal storage, 512 MB RAM, Gorilla glass, IP67 water resistant, and a TI OMAP 3 processor.
- Motorola Moto 360 is light
- Motorola Moto 360 has a pleasant design
- The watch supports wireless charging
- The watch has a robust and durable quality design
- It Motorola Moto 360 has a poor battery life
- The watch has an inaccurate and inconsistent heart rate monitor
- Motorola Moto 360 has an ugly black bar at the bottom of the screen
1. Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smartwatch
Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smartwatch has been designed to enhance the user experience with smartphones. The watch has exclusive features such as a WatchON TV remote, an IP67 water, and dust-resistant, It’s battery life ranges from 2 to 3 days, Bluetooth 4.0, and a 1.63-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display. The device also weighs 55g, has a 2MP camera and has a personalized fitness motivator.
- Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smartwatch has an excellent bright screen
- Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smartwatch allows push mobile app notifications
- The watch has an interface that is easy to use
- The watch has congenial inbuilt apps
- Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smartwatch has an excellent vibration power
- The watch is limited to Samsung phones and tablets only
- Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smartwatch has a poor battery life
Which Android Smartwatch Should You Buy?
Price is a significant factor to consider during the purchasing of a smartwatch. Though the price of the Android Wear goes hand in hand with the quality, we have been able to make a list above of smartwatches having different features, advantages, and disadvantages.
Other Watches are expensive while others are affordable. Therefore, we have tried our best to put the features, advantages, and disadvantages together, to come up with a list of top ten smartwatch choices. We believe that the list will help you in choosing the best watch in terms of both the price and quality.
I would suggest that you buy the Samsung Gear 2 Neo Smartwatch, which has exclusive features such as the WatchON TV remote. By its features, certainly, the watch comes at an affordable price. I would also like to urge you to choose the smartwatch of your choice carefully since different people have different tastes.