When products come along that works as well as Activated Charcoal does to brighten teeth, it isn’t long before the market is crowded with them.
Charcoal is about as natural as you can get, and doesn’t need to be tested on innocent animals. Activated charcoal is more than just a means to a nicer smile, this multi-tasking product can also be used for detoxification.
Think of putting chemicals in your mouth such as bleach, or whitening peroxides (yuk!) and then consider how clean charcoal really is compared to those two products.
Not everyone has the time for a lengthy teeth cleaning ritual every day and this is where using charcoal powder couldn’t be any easier. There is no measuring, just sprinkle powder on a wet brush, or dip it directly into the container then brush and done.
You could spend hours on the internet locating the perfect powder for you, or save yourself the trouble and take advantage of the following list.
Here are the top 10 best activated charcoal powders on the market in 2017, all chosen for their high customer satisfaction ratings. One of these ten is bound to be just what you’ve been looking for to get that smile everyone is going to notice.
Table of Contents
- 10. Majestic Pure Teeth Whitening Activated Charcoal Powder
- 9. Dental Duty Natural Teeth Whitening Charcoal Powder
- 8. FineVine Organics Activated Charcoal Powder
- 7. Peachy Keen Activated Charcoal Powder
- 6. Pro Teeth Whitening Activated Charcoal Powder
- 5. Schizandu Organics Activated Charcoal Powder
- 4. Virgin Activated Charcoal Powder
- 2. Active Wow Teeth Whitening Charcoal Powder
- 1. Naturally Made Essentials Activated Charcoal Powder
10. Majestic Pure Teeth Whitening Activated Charcoal Powder
The Majestic brand doesn’t disappoint with their Activated Charcoal powder. Being made from US Hardwood with a higher pore density delivers an ultra-fine product that can give you beautiful teeth.
The fine quality of this powder makes it absorb better and you will love what it can do for your skin as well as your smile. Also used for deep skin cleansing, it only needs to be used 1-2 times a week for maximum benefit on teeth.
- May cause sensitivity in teeth and dry mouth.
- Can stain tile grout and fabrics. Use caution and protect area before use.
- Never tested on animals.
- All natural ingredients.
- Easy and convenient with no mixing or measuring needed.
9. Dental Duty Natural Teeth Whitening Charcoal Powder
This product safely works against coffee or tea stains, plus fights against tooth decay, plaque, gingivitis and bacteria all at the same so it’s definitely worth looking into.
Either as a replacement for your regular toothpaste or used with it, this organically based charcoal powder is also good for skin care. It’s risk free because it comes with a 100% money back guarantee. If you’re not happy, send it back with no questions asked.
- No more need for time consuming strips and gels or nasty tasty chemicals.
- Safe for sensitive teeth.
- 100% Organic
- Charcoal tends to get stuck between teeth.
- Use caution when opening. Due to its fine consistency, powder is easily “air borne” and can be quite messy.
8. FineVine Organics Activated Charcoal Powder
If you smoke, or enjoy coffee and tea the effect those three habits can have on your teeth is obvious every time you open your mouth. You don’t have to live with a smile you’re not happy with.
Coconut activated charcoal is the 100% natural way to get the smile you want without the bother of strips or potentially harmful chemicals. Even without the risk free guarantee this product has, the fact that staff of the company that processes it (FineVine Organics) uses it themselves is a big plus.
- Does an excellent job without chemicals.
- Safe for teeth, gums and enamel.
- Made in the USA using strict quality control.
- Frequent use can potentially damage weak enamel.
- May increase teeth sensitivity for some users.
7. Peachy Keen Activated Charcoal Powder
Talk about a multi-tasking product, Peachy Keen’s tooth powder covers a lot of ground. Not only will it work wonders on teeth, it can be taken internally as a detoxifier and also works well as a beauty mask.
It can even be used as a cure for alcohol poisoning (hangovers.) Produced from USA hardwood trees, it can be found in well-stocked medical kits as material for a poultice that works for insect bites, small wounds and burns.
- Helps with digestion by simply mixing in a drink to reduce bloating and gas.
- When used for facials, skin is soft and left with a healthy glow.
- Risk free with a 100% trouble free money back guarantee.
- When used as a facial, powder can get caught in skin pores and look like blackheads.
- Powder can make a mess if container isn’t opened properly. Opening new containers for the first time outdoors is a good idea.
6. Pro Teeth Whitening Activated Charcoal Powder
Pro Teeth’s activated charcoal powder wouldn’t be known as the No. 1 best seller if it hadn’t earned it. Its fine powder consistency gently removes stains without scratching your teeth. Tested by the RDA, this formula is proven safe for enamel.
It contains only the purest, natural ingredients with zero added colors, artificial flavors, or preservatives. Produced in the UK, this Vegan friendly product is a big market favorite.
- Safe to use internally.
- Only quality ingredients are found in this Pro Teeth product.
- Very cost effective and proven to work better than strips or gels.
- Non-gentle brushing, or over-use may cause gum bleeding.
- Some people may experience dry lips to the point they could crack and bleed.
5. Schizandu Organics Activated Charcoal Powder
This food grade charcoal powder can help even if you’ve had bad teeth your whole life. Most people won’t swallow toothpaste on purpose but if you should happen to swallow any of this product it will only continue to work by helping your body shed toxins.
Organic and certified Vegan-friendly, you should see the kind of results almost immediately that even strangers are bound to notice as soon as you smile.
- Comes with a free Ebook to help you fully understand the product and its possibilities.
- Stored properly, this powder remains safe to use for years.
- Economical when compared to cost per ounce of other products.
- Depending on what it’s mixed with, facial masks can be hard to remove.
- Can form a “charcoal smoke” when being poured that should not be inhaled.
4. Virgin Activated Charcoal Powder
This food grade Virgin activated charcoal powder works towards much more than whiter teeth. It also does exceptionally well as a face mask to gently cleanse away dead skin and blackheads as well as a digestive aide to alleviate gas/bloating.
Taken internally it is also effective in absorbing poisons. Made from carefully selected, natural hardwood trees there is nothing in it that didn’t come from nature.
- Tightly controlled production process guarantees a quality product.
- Made to be highly absorbent of gases in the human digestive tract.
- Finely ground powder is odorless and tasteless.
- Can stain clothing and is highly resistant to most spot removers. Be very careful when opening for the first time.
- When used in a facial, it can be difficult to peel off.
3. Hardwood Activated Charcoal Powder
Most people don’t realize that charcoal powder not only improves teeth appearance, it can also be used to give new life to skin and hair. This charcoal powder has been finely milled for both external and internal use.
The fine grind enables Zen charcoal to absorb impurities much better than “average” brands and being Certified Food Grade, you never have to worry about swallowing it. With a 30-day, money back guarantee this is a risk-free purchase.
- Straight from nature to you with nothing added.
- Promotes general mouth health.
- Can be used to treat accidental poisoning until medical help is available.
- May cause stains on facial skin which takes oil to remove.
- Can stain sink and tub requiring several cleanings to resolve the issue. Beware of shoddy packaging and use extreme care when opening for the first time.
2. Active Wow Teeth Whitening Charcoal Powder
Not all charcoal powders come from hardwood. This activated charcoal comes from coconut, not trees. Safe for teeth and easy on your gums, here is an option for whiter teeth that needs no harsh or potentially harmful chemicals to do its job.
Most users see results in the first or second use, however depending on frequency of use that can vary. Expensive dental-grade solutions don’t always work and most of them taste awful. One thing most users consider a very big plus is the fact charcoal powders have no taste or smell.
- Brush as usual, no special preparations are needed.
- Top-shelf quality is the only thing you find in this powder.
- No tree has to die to bring this product to you.
- Charcoal can get trapped in the gum line requiring several brushings to remove which can lead to a sore mouth.
- Its too easy to make a huge mess with this powder if you’re not very careful.
1. Naturally Made Essentials Activated Charcoal Powder
For the health conscious, busy world we live in today this charcoal powder is well worth bringing home. Most buy it not realizing how much they are truly getting for their money.
Made from organic coconut, natural bentonite, mint and orange peel extract. It couldn’t get any easier to use. Dip a wet toothbrush directly into the powder and then watch a miracle unfold.
- Natural ingredients work far better than harsh chemicals.
- Strengthens tooth enamel while brightening your smile.
- Excellent as a detoxifier for your mouth which leads to cleaner, fresher breath.
- Will cause stains that are extremely difficult to remove from clothing, sink or shower. Spit carefully to avoid getting it where you may have to scrub if off later.
Personally I prefer #2, the “Active Wow” brand. Its basic function is the same as any of the other charcoal powders listed here with the only real difference being what was used to make that charcoal in the first place.
Active Wow derives from coconut, no trees had to come down to make this product. There is nothing quite like knowing when you smile all anyone is going to notice is how nice your teeth look. The sooner you order, the sooner you can know what that feels like.