Have you ever wondered how fragrances are made, or how people go about making organic products to use around the house? Popular in aromatherapy is the extensive use of essential oils.
These brilliant compositions are concentrated hydrophobic liquids containing volatile aroma compounds from the source they are extracted from.
Most essential oils are extracted from plants, adding the benefit of incorporating natural elements in their use. Essential oils can be used for a vast amount of purposes, including (but not limited to) aroma treatment, medicinal purposes, or for beatification routines.
Get This Tree of Life Essential Necklace For FREE
JUST PAY S&H
Consider the following list of ways to use essential oils:
1. People love to use essential oils to rid their homes of pests!
In addition, most pests are known to find peppermint repulsive, so it will also help to spray peppermint oil in cracks and openings to repel pests. Click here to find recipes for natural pest-killing sprays!
2. Lavender has been used by numerous individuals to help cure insomnia and contribute to a good night’s rest.
Use a few drops of lavender on your pillow to allow its calming effects lull you to sleep.
3. Get rid of mosquitoes.
4. Chapped lips, if left ignored, can make your lips vulnerable to unsafe germs.
5. Eucalyptus and tea tree oil will help you with cleaning your shower.
6. Have you been on your feet all day?
7. Don’t throw away those burnt pans!
You can clean them using essential oils. A combination of warm water and three drops of lemon oil will help you get burnt food off of pots and pans. Having a bottle of lemon essential oil can potentially save you a lot of money on cookware!
8. Relaxation is important when performing Yoga and Pilates.
Having a collection of essential oils can help achieve maximum relaxation to create the best workout experience. Releasing the scent of lavender oil or sandalwood will aid with relaxation as you are working out. Citrus oil and clove oil are also handy to use with keeping yoga mats clean.
9. Refresh your fridge
By wiping it down with a mixture of water, lemon grass, lime, and grapefruit oils.
10. Protect your skin from sunburn
11. Whenever your child is upset
Assist them with coping by dropping a bit of lavender oil or chamomile on their favorite stuffed animals. The calming agents in these essential oils will help them to compose themselves after the displeasing event has occurred.
12.Essential oils make a brilliant all-purpose cleaner!
13. Create an effective lotion with essential oils.
Use Shea butter, coconut oil, magnesium oil and an essential oil of your choice to create a lotion that will moisturize your skin. Using this recipe will allow you to eliminate the harsh chemicals found in manufactured lotions.
14. If you have athletes in your home
You know how important it is to keep sports gear in optimal shape. Luckily, tea tree oil and lemon oil can assist with this. Mix these two essential oils with warm water and four or five tablespoons of baking soda to keep those jerseys and shoes clean and safe from mold or mildew.
15. Many women use grapefruit essential oil to rid their skin of cellulite.
Adding four drops of grapefruit essential oil to a few teaspoons of coconut oil will eventually eliminate cellulite from the skin. More information on cellulite reduction with essential oils can be found here.
16. Freshen the air in your home
By eliminating the smell of cigarette smoke with essential oils! Rosemary, eucalyptus, and tea tree oils are often mixed together in a spray bottle to remove cigarette smoke in a living area. This spray also works in outside gathering areas as well.
17. Clean your bathtub
By mixing together baking soda, lime oil, and vinegar to create a sanitizing scrub.
18. Take the sugar out of the breath mint!
Use a drop of peppermint oil to freshen your breath in a similar way you would eat a breath mint. This way, you can feel less guilty about breaking your diet with a sugary treat!
19. Extend the life of your fruit with lemon essential oil!
Mix approximately seven to eight drops of lemon essential oil into a bowl cool water. Let your fruit sit in the bowl long enough to absorb some of the essential oil/water mixture so that your fruit can stay fresh for a longer period of time.
20. Acne is absolutely bothersome for most people
21. Rely on essential oils when you want your sink to shine!
Bergamot and lime essential oils mixed with baking soda and vinegar make an amazing scrub that will have your sink looking brand new. Using this scrub will allow you to avoid using harsh chemicals in your home.
22. Get your hair clean without exposing it to harsh chemicals!
Many of us regretfully use shampoo, only to leave our hair lifeless and weak. However, with a mixture of coconut milk, aloe vera gel, rosemary oil, and lavender oil, you can create a long lasting shampoo without having to sacrifice the health of your hair.
23. Improve your air quality By using essential oils after painting.
24. Ditch the expensive perfumes and freshen up with your favorite essential oil.
By mixing an essential oil of your choice and a few ounces of water in a spray bottle, you can create your own body spray that will last throughout the day! See how to make your own perfume by watching the video below.
25. Wash your produce safely
By soaking them in a bowl of lemon oil and water.
26. Make your dishwashing experience less painful by using lemon oil!
Adding four drops of lemon oil into dish water will dissolve the remaining food particles on your dishes and will leave them spotless. If you use a dishwasher, add a few drops of lemon oil to the dishwasher detergent to get similar results.
27. Many people find teeth whitener to be way too expensive and sacrificial to enamel health.
28. Essential oils are outstanding healing agents and would be a great addition to the first aid cabinet.
29. Rid your scalp of dandruff by using your collection of essential oils!
When washing your hair, mix six drops each of lavender oil and rosemary with a few teaspoons of unscented oil. Massage this mixture into the scalp, let it sit, and rinse.
30. Individuals who are self-conscience about foot odor can benefit from keeping tea-tree oil and lemon oil in their home.
A few drops of these oils can eliminate foot odor in shoes, making it safe for one to take off their shoes around other people.
31. If you find yourself becoming nauseous
32. Safely keep your leather clean by using essential oils.
Soaking a washcloth in lemon essential oil to apply to leather surfaces will keep the material from splitting and maintain the leather’s color.
33. Essential oils make great gifts!
Douse a toy with lavender for a baby shower or add to a lotion for a bridal shower. Check out more ideas here!
34. Freshen up the bathroom while cleaning
By applying a couple of drops of lemon and tea tree oil to the bottom of the trash can or the back of the toilet. This method can also be used in the kitchen trash cans to avoid odors.
35. Individuals with diabetes can use essential oils to prevent germs from entering their bodies.
Dab a mixture of eucalyptus oil, peppermint essential oil and birch oil to your finger before pricking it for a blood-sugar test.
36. Needing to relieve a headache?
Birch oil and Peppermint oil are your friends! Try dabbing a few drops of peppermint oil on your neck or temples or using birch oil in your shampoo.
37. Never fear permanent marker again if you have lemon essential oil in your arsenal.
Use this essential oil to rid surfaces of permanent marker stains.
38. Add some essential oils to spice up an all-time favorite snack!
Use lemon, lime, and cilantro essential oils to add some extra flavor to your favorite guacamole recipe.
39. After you jazz up your guacamole, get creative with your smoothies!
Lemon, lime, and orange essential oils will add some interesting citrus flavors to make your smoothie come alive!
40. Soothe your skin by including some essential oils into your shaving cream.
By adding lavender and sandalwood, your shaving cream will have relaxing effects on your skin while leaving a clean scent.
41. Make your laundry smell good.
Add about 20 drops of your favorite essential oil to your laundry detergent for better smelling clothes after washing.
42. Swimmer’s ear after swimming or showering can be quite annoying.
To combat swimmer’s ear, apply a couple of drops of tea tree and lavender essential oils to a cotton ball and rub it along the inside of the ear, behind the ear, and both jawlines.
43. Leave some great smelling scents on your floor every time you vacuum.
Add a drop of your favorite essential oil to a cotton ball and place it inside the vacuum cleaner bag to add fresh smells to your carpet.
44. Make your own fabric softener.
By using tea tree oil and a cup of white vinegar!
45. Replace the dangerous chemicals of Windex
With Eden’s Garden’s Cleaning Blend essential oil, white vinegar, and water.
Experience The Powerful Benefits of Essential Oils!
Incorporating essential oils into your home and daily activities can improve your lifestyle by saving you time and money. Essential oils are amazing healthy alternatives to using the strange chemicals that our found in manufactured products. These interesting liquids can be found in several grocery stores and are also sold in numbers online.
By utilizing essential oils for various purposes, you are able to know exactly what is going onto your skin, surfaces, clothing, and food. Essential oils are safe, natural, delightful, and effective tools for cleaning the home, promoting relaxation, and maintaining personal health.
Start building your collection today!
Want a FREE Jar of Coconut Oil?
If you are looking for one superfood to try, I would definitely start with this organic virgin coconut oil as it has so many tremendous benefits.
Whether you want healthier looking skin, trying to lose weight, or prevent diseases like cancer, it is definitely the ultimate natural supplement.
And we want to send you the world's best coconut oil right to your door... for FREE. Just pay $1.95 shipping.
Get all the details and claim your exclusive free gift for IdeaHacks readers at the link below...