Are you thinking of venturing in farming or is your current barrow not fulfilling enough? No need to worry yourself out anymore!
The secret to having a smooth and great time at your garden or farm is by finding and purchasing the perfect barrow to match your needs.
It is wise to note that there are various models when it comes to wheelbarrows, with each having laid out features for its specific role. This means that one ought to be extra cautious when making their choice for a barrow to keep at bay any future frustrations.
Some key features to keep in mind include the type of job the wheelbarrow will be exposed to, its size, the quality of the material, the length of the handles, and so much more. A good Barrow will come in quite handy for you as you do what you love most.
Keep in mind that you need a barrow that durable, efficient, reliable, and user-friendly for the task at hand.
Here are some of the top 10 best wheelbarrows in 2017 for you to choose from and make your investment worthwhile.
Table of Contents
- 10. Bentley Garden Wheelbarrow
- 9. Wheelzbarrow Three-Tire Wheelbarrow
- 8. Janod Metal Wheelbarrow
- 7. United General Steel Tray Wheelbarrow
- 6. United General Poly Tray Wheelbarrow
- 5. Ames True Temper Homeowner Wheelbarrow
- 4. WORX Aerocart Multifunction Wheelbarrow
- 3. Bon Premium Contractor-Grade Double-Wheel Wheelbarrow
- 2. Jackson Steel Tray Contractor Wheelbarrow
- 1. Radio Flyer Wheelbarrow
- Which Wheelbarrow Should You Buy?
10. Bentley Garden Wheelbarrow
If you are looking for a barrow that is durable enough, look no further! The Bentley barrow is what you need. It is renowned for its durability as it is made of galvanized steel.
It also has a capacity of carrying loads up to 100 kilograms. The wheelbarrow is coated with paint which makes it anti-corrosive and easy to fight rust. The barrow is fitted with smooth tires which make it one of the best model that withstands rough grounds.
- Fitted with comfortable handles.
- Made from a durable material.
- Can carry heavy materials.
- Fitted with a strong and smooth tire.
- The paint might fade over the years.
- Might wear out over the years.
9. Wheelzbarrow Three-Tire Wheelbarrow
The Wheelzbarrow is a machine that simply stands out from the rest. It comes with three tires which make it perfect for heavy tasks. You can also be sure that at no one point will it loose stability and flip over!
Therefore, if you are looking to accomplish more in one day than you would if using a one-wheeled barrow, try out the wheelzbarrow. If you are working in a limited space, its tires can spin up to 360-degrees making it possible for you to navigate.
- Has a comfortable handle.
- Suitable for small gardens.
- Has a perfect braking system.
- Difficult to steer when overloaded.
8. Janod Metal Wheelbarrow
The Janod barrow can be termed as a family-built barrow. This is because it can be used for outdoor activities with your young ones. It is spacious and comes in handy for storing a lot of stuff.
It is ideal for a farmer as they get to make fewer trips as it can accommodate many items at a go. It stands out from other wheelbarrows since on purchasing it; you get to save some bucks on buying yourself both a shovel and rake.
- High durability since it is metallic.
- Perfect storage facility.
- Comfortable handles.
- Can wear out over the years.
7. United General Steel Tray Wheelbarrow
The United General WH89685 Barrow is designed to meet the needs of a high-scale farmer or gardener. This is because it is spacious enough. It is made of steel which makes it durable and strong to carry heavy items.
What makes it unique is that it’s cost-friendly making it ideal for most farmers and gardeners today. The model has a strong 14-inch tire that is not challenged by rough surfaces or environments.
- It has comfortable handles.
- Reasonably priced.
- The tray is of a durable material.
- The tire wears out over the years.
- Can get difficult to maneuver when overloaded.
6. United General Poly Tray Wheelbarrow
Some wheelbarrows have small trays. This is not the case with the United General WH89679 as it is fitted with a spacious tray. If you desire to make fewer trips while working at your farm or garden, then look no more!
This Barrow also has an enormous tire making the barrow more steady and firm. The United General WH89679 is proof that using barrows that would tumble over with all your stuff in it is now a thing of the past.
- Comfortable handles.
- Spacious tray for storage.
- Has a strong undercarriage making it firm.
- Tire wears over the years.
- The paint wears out over years of usage.
5. Ames True Temper Homeowner Wheelbarrow
If you are one of those people that love investing in a high-quality product, then the Ames True Temper S6 25 is just what you need. The barrow comes with a steel tray which increases its lifespan.
The Barrow is also fitted with a large tray making it perfect for storage purposes. The wheelbarrow is designed with handles made from hardwood giving you that perfect grip.
- Made from a durable material.
- It’s undercarriage is made of steel making it firm.
- Comfortable wooden handles.
- Price unfriendly.
- If heavily loaded, it can be challenging to maneuver.
4. WORX Aerocart Multifunction Wheelbarrow
With the first glance of its modern look, you can tell that the WORX Aerocart Multifunction comes with lots of benefits. The barrow is well-sought after by everyone for its ability to transport most heavy household items such as a refrigerator or cooker.
This is because not only does it have a firm grip of gravity, the Barrow has an extended arm making it more spacious compared to other barrows.
- Barrow is made from a durable material.
- Durable tires.
- Less effort used to load items as a result of steady and firm tires.
- Not easy to maneuver on an uneven terrain.
- Challenging to transport wide loads as the barrow is narrow.
3. Bon Premium Contractor-Grade Double-Wheel Wheelbarrow
Mostly located at construction sites for its large tray feature, the Bon 28 903 Premium model is also fitted with double wheels making it steady and firm.
The Barrow is favorable for all weather conditions as it perfectly withstands harsh conditions and rough terrain. Most farmers and gardeners also make it their choice as it lowers their maintenance expenses.
- The wheelbarrow is Pocket-friendly.
- Durable steel handles.
- Steady and firm double tires.
- Steel handles are unkind to the hands during the cold weather.
- If loaded with heavy materials, it can be difficult to maneuver it.
2. Jackson Steel Tray Contractor Wheelbarrow
With many years in the market, it is one of the most recommended models for people venturing into the construction industry. It has proven to work a miracle for many as the M6T22 Steel Tray Contractor comes with a 16-inch tire making it penetrate any rough terrains.
The wheelbarrow is fitted with wooden handles making it favorable during the cold season. The model is quite an investment since if maintained properly, it could serve you for years.
- Durable steel tray.
- Firm tires.
- Steady and firm tires.
- Could form dents if misused.
- Handles are not cushioned.
1. Radio Flyer Wheelbarrow
The Radio Flyer is a family- version of a wheelbarrow. You will find it in most homes as it is super-friendly to little ones due to its smooth edges. The steel tray is large enough to carry and store many items.
You can be sure of not experiencing any challenges with the model as it’s fitted with smooth wheels.
- Strong and durable steel tray.
- Safe edges for little ones.
- Comfortable and well-designed wooden handles.
- It’s plastic tire wears out with time.
- Limited to not-so-heavy loads.
Which Wheelbarrow Should You Buy?
The above guide presents some of the best models when it comes wheelbarrows. However, before making your way to the store and purchasing your dream barrow, ensure that you get one that will match your needs.
Remember that purchasing a wheelbarrow is a form of investment, and so, you certainly do not want to buy a wrong brand and end up going back to the store again!
Therefore, it is wise that you consider factors such as the size and material of the tray, number and size of the wheelbarrow tire, the material of the handles, as well as the wheel design.
For instance, if you are looking to venture in the construction industry, it is wise for you to purchase either the famous Jackson Steel Tray Contractor Wheelbarrow or the Bon Premium Contractor-Grade Double-Wheel Wheelbarrow. This is because the barrows have steel trays which are large enough for carrying items.
On the other side, if you are looking for a barrow for simple garden work, a Janod Metal Wheelbarrow or a Radio Flyer Wheelbarrow will work wonders for you! Interesting to note, the models are super-friendly to young ones.
If you have some money lying somewhere in the bank, it is time to make a worthwhile investment! Grab the opportunity to own a reliable and high-quality wheelbarrow today, and save yourself several trips to the retail shop in future.