Access to clean, healthy water is essential to daily life. This is why it is so important that you and your family have access to water that is clean from chemical pollutants.
To ensure that all families and individuals possess clean drinking water, every home should be equipped with a water softening system.
What is holding you back from providing your family with clean drinking water? Does it seem like a big hassle? Are you afraid of the cost?
In reality, this is something that you cannot afford to ignore. After all, health is wealth, and your family’s well-being should always be a top priority.
With so many water softening and filtration systems on the market, it can be confusing when deciding which system is best for your home.
Luckily, we have compiled a list of the top 10 best water softeners systems in 2017 that will effectively address your home’s needs.
Table of Contents
- 10. HM Digital TDS-EZ Water Quality TDS Tester
- 9. Shower Filter by H2O Natural
- 8. Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Filter System
- 7. Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mount 10,000 Gallon Capacity Filtered Showerhead
- 6. Watts RV PRO-1000 OR M7002 10000 Grains Portable Water Softener
- 5. Eddy Electronic Water Descaler
- 4. Aquios FS-220 Salt Free Water Softener and Filtration System
- 3. iSpring RCC7
- 2. APEC Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- Click here to buy from Amazon
- 1. Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 grain water softener digital metered whole house system
- Which Water Softener Should You Buy?
10. HM Digital TDS-EZ Water Quality TDS Tester
This easy-to-use device works well and gives consistent results. The quality, ease of use, and two-year warranty, make this product one of the best water softening systems on the market.
The highly effective sensors measure the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) within the water. These solids include the minerals, salts, metals, and total of charged ions present in the liquid as a measurement of parts per million (PPM.)
The device is easy for anyone to use and boasts a sticker that breaks down the measurements of water purity in an easy-to-understand manner. The tester also comes with a protective cap that covers the sensors.
Additionally, it comes ready to use and is factory calibrated. Most who review this product, attest to the accuracy of the instrument. However, if need be, the product can be re-calibrated with salt and a small screwdriver. In addition to accuracy, the device features a long-lasting battery, with approximately 1,000 hours of battery life.
- Easy to use
- Well calibrated
- 1000 hour battery
- Cannot display measurements over 1000
- Gives basic reading of TDS
9. Shower Filter by H2O Natural
The H2O Natural Shower Filter is optimized with the latest in filtration technology and is effective at removing chlorine from your shower’s water. The state-of-the-art shower filter has been proven effective at removing 90-95 percent of chlorine, unhealthy bacteria, chemicals, and heavy metals your shower’s water.
For you, the introduction of this water filtration system means access to cleaner and healthier water that will not damage your skin, hair, scalp, and overall health.
The water purification system uses a unique blend of high-purity copper and zinc in an allow known as KDF that is blended with calcium sulfite, and activated carbon. This unique filtration blend is known to remove algae, aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, calcium, chromium, chlorine, fungi, iron, lead, mercury, pesticides, and other unwanted compounds.
- Effective against a broad range of heavy metals and organic compounds
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Easy to install
- Replacement cartridge is 50% of total cost of system
- Extends the length of your normal shower head, thus making it shorter
8. Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Filter System
The easy-to-install Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Filter System is a water softening system that works wonders on your whole house. The entire installation process may take up to thirty minutes.
However, once complete, you will never want to use another filtration system. You may want to experiment with the type of micron filter to find the one that best fits your household’s needs. Additionally, the installation of the system may require the use of additional parts such as the Culligan UB-1 mount.
After the filter is installed, you should notice a huge difference in the quality of your water. You may notice less staining on your sinks, tubs, and showers. Additionally, you may also spend less time cleaning your toilets, sinks, showers, and bath tubs.
Depending upon the content of your water, you may want to change your filter every 30-40 days. Over time, you will see a visible change in your system’s filter due to the particles found within your water.
- Easy to install
- Great value whole-house filter for the price
- Effectively cleans water of impurities and sediments
- May require additional parts including the Culligan UB-1 mount
- Does not weather the cold well
7. Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mount 10,000 Gallon Capacity Filtered Showerhead
The Culligan Filtered Showerhead boasts a patented filter that is able to reduce 99 percent of your chlorine, unpleasant odors, and scale. The spray nozzle features a 10,000 gallon filter capacity with five different settings and is easy to install.
- Easy to install
- reduces 99 percent of chlorine, odor, and scale from water
- 10,000 gallon filter capacity
- Not a whole house system
- Filters but does not treat water
6. Watts RV PRO-1000 OR M7002 10000 Grains Portable Water Softener
The Watts RV PRO-1000 is a fantastic portable water softer for families on the go. Although it doesn’t work well in large spaces, the smaller, convenient, and portable system is great for motor homes and RVs.
It works as well as any top of the line system. However, the system requires regular maintenance and regeneration. After the systems easy install, you will notice an immediate difference in the feel, taste, and smell of your water.
- Great value
- Efficient water cleaning system
- Easy install
- Requires regular maintenance
- Made for smaller homes
5. Eddy Electronic Water Descaler
Troublesome limescale deposits of dissolved magnesium, calcium, and manganese are no match for the Eddy Electronic Water Descaler. These hard deposits reduce the efficiency of furnaces and water heaters.
With the help of this device, you can turn the table on pesky limescale without any plumbing alterations. This affordable water softener system works by producing a complex electro-magnetic wave that is transmitted through two coils that surround your water’s supply pipeline.
With the coils in place, you water is affected by a magnetic field produced by the system. This field alters the adhesion properties of the limescale and ensures that the annoying deposits no longer adhere to your home’s surfaces, pipes, and appliances.
This softening system works on most pipes. However, if you have lead or iron pipes the system is not compatible. Additionally, the descaler comes with a one year money back guarantee and a lifetime repair or replace guarantee.
- Effective and compatible with most home systems
- No plumbing necessary
- One year money back guarantee and a lifetime repair or replace guarantee
- Does not remove any deposits from your water merely changes the adhesive properties of the deposits
- Does not work on iron and lead pipes
4. Aquios FS-220 Salt Free Water Softener and Filtration System
The Aquios Water Softener and Filtration System is a full house water filtration and conditioning system that uses the latest technology to provide individuals and families with soft water. The system filters chlorine, calcium, magnesium, sediment, and other unwanted compounds.
However, when cleaning your water, this salt-free system leaves the healthy minerals within your water all the while ensuring that these minerals will not be able to accumulate as limescale. The Aquios System produces this result with the aid of a polyphosphate additive known as Siliphos.
Aquios combines water treatment with a carbon block filtration system for a revolutionary approach in full house water conditioning. Easy to install, Aquios requires no programming, maintenance or electricity. In addition to its ease of use, the Aquios Filtration System features a 20 year warranty on the housing and valve.
- Filters and treats water
- Leaves helpful minerals while filtering unhealthy compounds
- Requires no programming, maintenance or electricity
- The system is not built to handle extremely hard water
- The system may not work as well within much larger homes
3. iSpring RCC7
The 5-Stage filtration process of the iSpring RCC7 removes impurities for clean, healthy, and great tasting water. The multi-step filtration process effectively removes arsenic, chlorine, lead, perchlorate, chromium, copper, particulate matter, residual color, and taste. The end result of the filtration process is great tasting water for you and your family.
Each iSpring system contains:
- 5 Stage micron filtration system
- 3.2 gallon pressurized tank
- Installation Hardware
- Automatic Shut-off Valve
- Extremely efficient filtration system
- Comes with many extras
- Quiet system
- Bulky and takes up space
- Setup may take additional research. We recommend watching the YouTube tutorial
2. APEC Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
The APEC Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System removes up to 99 percent of water contaminants, including arsenic, bacteria, chlorine, lead, fluoride, heavy metals, and countless other contaminants.
The easy to install and noise-free system offers dependable results. Secure and convenient, the system was made to fit in standard kitchen cabinets and requires no extra clips or additional steps to seal.
Included with the system, one will find a food-grade 100% lead-free chrome faucet for excellent and stylish delivery of exceptional water. Additionally, the APEC system features a One Year Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Easy to install
- Reduces 99 percent of contaminants
- Wastes three gallons of water for every gallon used
- Not a whole house system
1. Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 grain water softener digital metered whole house system
The high capacity and long-lasting whole house water softening system by Fleck eliminates hard water and extends the life of your plumbing and appliances. The tried-and-true system comes with outstanding valves that have been vigorously tested and have been known to continuously run for up to 27 years.
The user friendly interface of the Fleck system features easy-to-use touch pad controls, a backlit LCD display, and a 48 hour internal power backup. The large capacity tank is effective even in larger homes and can hold approximately 250 pounds of salt.
- Affordable and effective whole house system
- 10 year warranty on tank
- 5 year warranty on valves
- Installing the resin is problematic
- Installation takes one to two hours and requires basic plumbing skills
Which Water Softener Should You Buy?
In conclusion, there are many wonderful water softening systems on the market. The diverse range of the systems available ensure that a multitude of households with varying needs are able to find a system in sync with their individual systems.
Although, your needs may not require a large system, we feel that for its value, long-lasting equipment, and overall quality, that the Fleck system is a wonderful choice for most families. Check out other reviews of the Fleck Whole House Water Softening System here.