Picking the best skateboard for your needs is really a function of choosing something that you know will go anywhere. You want to have the most modern and stylish skateboard, but you also want to have the skateboard that will go the farthest for you.
That means you are picking something that is fun and durable at the same time. You might have some needs that are different from other people, but you will notice that all your skateboards are different when you really start to look at them.
Think about this ahead of time, and then you will come up with something that works for you over all the other options you might have had.
Be careful when you make your choice because you have to figure out how you will take care of yourself on the board and still look good. Each of the boards is pretty different, but there is one that balances the price and all the features with the way it looks.
You will do pretty well once you have made this kind of decision, and then you need to be sure that you are working on that board to keep in the best shape possible for the future.
Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best skateboards on the market in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. SCSK8 Pro Skateboard
- 9. Skatro Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- 8. Board Blazers The Original LED Underglow Skateboard
- 7. Cal Seven Complete Astronaut Popsicle Double Kicktail Skateboard
- 6. KPC Pro Skateboard Complete
- 5. Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard
- 4. Quest Skateboards Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard
- 3. Penny Graphic Complete Skateboard
- 2. Rimable Complete 22″ Skateboard
- 1. Razor RipStik Ripster
- Which Skateboard Should You Buy?
10. SCSK8 Pro Skateboard
The SCSK8 comes pre assembled in a lot of different styles and colors. You have many choices here, and it is all about what appeal to you the most.
Someone who is using this skateboard will be able to get something that matches their personality perfectly, and they will not have to do anything other than ride the board. That is important because the style of the board can match anyone, and it will be much easier for someone to ride because it was pre fabricated.
- This board is very standard for the rider in you
- You can get a lot of styles and colors
- You can throw it on the ground and ride immediately
- You cannot customize it like others
- It might not have the style you want
9. Skatro Mini Cruiser Skateboard
The Skatro is a plastic board that comes to you completely put together. You can ride it right away, but it is much lighter than most boards. That means that you will be able to do more tricks because it is lighter weight, and you can carry it more places.
It does come with all the parts put together, and you can get a style that you will enjoy. This is much better than other boards that might be too heavy for you.
- The plastic is a very light material for the board
- The board comes to you assembled
- It has a lot of styles and colors to choose from
- You might want a heavier board
- You might want a style you do not see on their list
8. Board Blazers The Original LED Underglow Skateboard
Board Blazers is an LED board that has an underlight that glows when you are riding. This is just how people put together their cars when they want them to be more modern, and it is very important that people are riding these boards at night so that people can see them.
You might only be able to ride at night, and that is why you have to be sure that you have tried this board out because it is still lightweight even with the lights on it.
- This board glows
- This board is still lightweight even with the lights
- The board looks amazing in all the different colors you can get
- You might not want all those lights
- You might not like the colors you find
7. Cal Seven Complete Astronaut Popsicle Double Kicktail Skateboard
The Cal Seven is a double Kicktail board that comes in the most spacy design you could imagine. It was made to make you feel like you were floating through space, and the kicktail is made to make all your tricks easier.
You might have to try this one for yourself, but you will find out that it is very easy to ride. This one will glide down the street without any problem, and it will help you have a good time with a really nice design.
- The double kicktail makes tricks easier
- The spacy design is really fun to look at
- It comes in a lot of different colors
- You might not need the double kicktail
- You might not want to have that space design on the board
6. KPC Pro Skateboard Complete
This is a pro skateboard to end all pro skateboards. It was designed with the thinner look that you have wanted, and it will help you do all the tricks that you are looking for.
The checks on the board look really good, and the wheels are a lot heavier to make sure that you can be as rough on the board as you want. That is very important, and you can still pick a color combination for the checks that works for you.
- The checkerboard design is something that everyone loves
- The board is a little thinner to make riding and tricks easier
- The wheels are heavier to make the ride better
- You might not want something this thin
- You might not like the checks on the board face
5. Krown Rookie Complete Skateboard
The Krown Rookie is the board you get your kid when they are ready to start learning real tricks on a real skateboard. You can think of this one as a step up model that you can give your kid when they want to do more.
You can show them that this board was made for kids like them who wanted to be able to do more things, and you an get it for them in the color and styles that you like. This is perfect when you are venturing into the skateboarding world.
- Perfect for the younger skateboarder in the house
- Easy to use and very light
- Has a durable design that will hold up to a lot of practice
- Might not be for more advanced skaters
- Might not have the colors you are looking for
4. Quest Skateboards Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard
This is the longboard you use when you are trying to make sure that you have taken the time to get on and ride slowly to wherever you are going. The Quest longboard will take you to class if that is where you want to go, and it will help you ride around the neighborhood from one house to another.
This is the kind of board you lounge on, but it will work very well for you. That is why you choose this one when you are ready to slow down a little bit and still get the color you want.
- The longboard is great for cruising
- The board has all the colors you could ever want
- It will hold up to a lot of cruising on the road
- It might not be hardcore enough for you
- You might need something you can do tricks on
3. Penny Graphic Complete Skateboard
This is the perfect board for the lady who wants to ride every day and let everyone know that she still loves pink. A lot of the brighter colors have been taken out of the skateboard world, but now they are back in because of the way that the Penny Graphic was made.
You should try this when you want to get a board for a girl, or you can get it when you want to have a composite board that it a little lighter than normal.
- The lighter colors are great for people who need something more exciting
- It is a lighter board than normal
- It has a stocky design that will be more durable
- The board might not suit your style very well
- You might need something longer
2. Rimable Complete 22″ Skateboard
The Rimable is the most basic board on this list, but it is also the most functional. You have to remember that you can do a lot with a board that is simple because it has the right weight and the right style.
Make sure that you try the Rimable when you want to get the board that you can customize later if that is what you need. You get a good basis to start with, and then you can go from there while you learn all your tricks and ride every day.
- This design is very functional for every rider
- You can customize it very easily
- You can learn how to do tricks on this board because it is balanced
- It might be too basic for you
- You might not need to customize it
1. Razor RipStik Ripster
The Razor RipStik is the ultimate longboard because it gives you two places for your feet. You need to be sure that you are using this board when you need to get around easily, and you need to be sure that you use it when you just need to roll around town. It is the perfect board for the person who knows that they want something simple that is also fun.
- It is a very modern design
- The colors are a lot of fun to look at
- It is a longboard for relaxing
- You might need something for tricks
- You might want more than just two places for your feet
Which Skateboard Should You Buy?
You have a lot of choices at your disposal when you want to pick out a new skateboard, and there are a few that could do pretty well for you. You have to consider for a moment that they are all different sizes and shapes, and you need to remember that you differently than other people.
The person that knows their style can go with something that is larger or smaller based on their needs, and they will enjoy riding more because they really put the time into it. We would use the Rimable 22 inch or the RipStick Ripster because they offer the most versatility for the money.
However, you could do well with any board on this list provided that it is the right size and style for you. The world is your oyster when you are choosing a skateboard, and that is why you need to look carefully.