We all get tired of our daily household chores. Keeping the floor clean is a constant battle. Lugging your vacuum around on a weekly basis, tripping over the power cord while moving furniture around, can become very tiresome.
It’s the kind of thing that needs a unique, modern solution. In the past, the only recourse was hiring a house cleaner for hundreds of dollars a month, or simply letting the dust bunnies gather.
With this in mind, which is easier, going to the trouble of hiring a house cleaner, or automating the task of household vacuuming with a futuristic, new robotic vacuum?
There are a surprising array of models to choose from, and each has unique features and advantages. You can schedule cleanings with some, and some can be monitored through Wi-Fi when you’re out on the town.
Many charge themselves on their own, making them completely automated. With your new robotic cleaning friend, you can do away with the drudgery of vacuuming.
Check out our list of the top 10 best robot vacuum cleaners in 2017, with their main features and pros and cons, and get the information you need to do away with manual vacuums forever.
It could be your ticket to freedom from the dust bunny blues.
Table of Contents
- 10. iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 9. Samsung POWERbot Wi-Fi Robot Vacuum
- 8. bObi Classic Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 7. iRobot Roomba 770 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 6. ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 5. ILIFE A4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 4. iRobot Roomba 890 Wi-Fi Connected Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Dyson 360 Eye Robot Vacuum
- 2. Neato Botvac D3 Connected Laser Navigating Robot Vacuum
- 1. iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
- Which Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Should You Buy?
10. iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
This model is the best selling robotic vacuum on the market, and it’s no wonder. It is one of the more inexpensive models, and it cleans as well as any vacuum. The iRobot company’s products are among the leaders in the vacuuming world, and the 650 is their most economically priced model.
The circular design allows it to circumnavigate obstacles while cleaning the areas around them. It is an attractively designed device with black and silver features.
- Automatically plugs itself in for a recharge
- Best selling vacuum available on Amazon
- Minimal price tag for the features compared to other models
- Not as many features as more expensive models
- Spiral cleaning pattern can miss some areas
9. Samsung POWERbot Wi-Fi Robot Vacuum
This model is all about cleaning power. It is designed to have ten times the suctioning power compared to the competition’s robotic vacuums. You can remotely control this vacuum with Amazon Alexa. With it’s high suctioning power, it clogs less often and removes more debris than most vacuums.
Cleaning sessions can be scheduled on a weekly basis, enabling vacuuming operations when you aren’t at home.
The POWERbot has larger wheels than most vacuums, giving it the capability to get over rug edges or to climb ramps, allowing for cleaning where other vacuums fail.
- Lots of suctioning power
- Smart obstacle avoidance
- Efficiently and quickly does the job
- As loud as a standard vacuum
- Bulky design
8. bObi Classic Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner carries a full set of features that most other vacuums don’t have, including UV sterilization, HEPA filtration, and sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping functionality. Priced at around $300, it’s a great buy if you are seeking these features.
It also fits in with modern décor better than many vacuums, buzzing from room to room cleaning as it goes, with its contemporary white, simple design.
This model includes a remote control, it operates quietly, and it is even programmed to be good around your pets. Overall, a great vacuum for those seeking to keep a quiet, undisturbed home as it operates.
- Inexpensive, yet feature-rich
- Vacuums, mops, sterilizes
- Quiet operation
- Navigation can be spotty
- Can’t always see black furniture
7. iRobot Roomba 770 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Another offering from the venerable iRobot company, the 770 has a low price point while also offering features not found in most other vacuums. The Roomba 770 has a short form-factor design, so it can even clean under couches or other low-lying furniture. It also has Dirt Detect technology which makes it do a more thorough cleaning job on dirtier areas of your floor.
This model is unique in the world of robotic vacuums, and is worth the purchase for its specialized features.
- 3-Stage cleaning does more than only vacuum
- Detects dirtier areas and focuses on them
- Short design fits under couches, beds, and shorter furniture
- Can miss areas on floors
- Goes over the same area multiple times
6. ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The DEEBOT M80 has a low price point, and its capabilities make it worth purchasing. With a larger dust bin than most vacuums, it can get more cleaning done before it needs emptying.
It also works like a mop, and unlike most mopping vacuums it has a drying stage to protect your hardwood or other floors from water damage.
It has Wi-Fi capability as well, so you can monitor its cleaning progress remotely. You can also set it to operate in edge cleaning or spot cleaning modes.
- Large capacity dust bin
- Includes mopping and drying stages
- Four Modes – intensive cleaning, edge cleaning, spot cleaning, auto cleaning
- Has difficulty finding the charging station
- In power outages, it wanders away from the charging station
5. ILIFE A4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Another quality robotic vacuum with a small price tag, the ILIFE A4’s main feature is its high capacity battery, allowing for 2 hours of cleaning time between charges. It will do a good job in general, as good as many of the more expensive models available, for a lower investment.
It has a programmable schedule, it docks to recharge on its own, and it does a good job of picking up dust and debris.
- High-quality battery for two hour cleaning time
- Multiple sensors allow for cleaning in cluttered areas
- Very affordable price tag compared to most vacuums
- Bumps into objects often
- Emptying the dust bin is cumbersome
4. iRobot Roomba 890 Wi-Fi Connected Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
The main feature of the Roomba 890 is its ability to pick up pet hair. Also, the filter on this vacuum works especially well, filtering particles as small as 10 microns, making for cleaner air in your home by its operation.
This vacuum can clean any floor, and its short design allows it to clean under beds, couches or any other furniture. This device also operates with Amazon Alexa through Wi-Fi, so you can monitor it when you’re away from home.
- Cleans all floor types
- Filters out particles as tiny as 10 microns
- Cleans up pet hair with ease
- Small dust bin
- Can have trouble cleaning areas with dark floors
3. Dyson 360 Eye Robot Vacuum
There are some good qualities to the Dyson 360. Dyson has been in the vacuuming business for years, with a solid reputation for their upright manual vacuums. The 360 has strong suction power, allowing it to pick up just about anything.
Its Radial Root technology separates dust and dirt, to help the debris it pulls up to stay in the bin. Its silver and blue design set it apart from most robot vacuums.
- Strong suction power
- Full-width brush bar
- Separates dust and dirt
- Highest price on the market
- Unintelligently gets stuck and navigates poorly
The Botvac D3 has some unique features, including laser guided sensors to allow for precise cleaning. One thing this vacuum does very well is cleaning corners. It’s D-shape design works along with special programming to make it able to nestle into corners, pulling up dust in those hard-to-reach areas.
This vacuum is relatively inexpensive compared to some. It will return to the charge station when it needs a charge, and it is easy to operate.
- Does an excellent job of cleaning corners with D-shape form factor
- Relatively inexpensive
- Smart laser guided sensors
- Sometimes cleans areas repeatedly
- Short battery life
1. iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
The 980 is the flagship Roomba model. The Roomba’s are some of the best robotic vacuums on the market. They are real quality vacuums.
This model runs at $900 and is a solid 15 pounds. Reviews are glowing for this model. This particular deal includes many extras including a second high-efficiency filter and an additional side brush, making this a particularly good deal.
- Increased suction power for carpets and rugs
- Uses optimized navigation technology to handle any floor plan
- Recharges when power is low and returns to the job at hand
- Expensive compared to some other models
- Smaller dust bin than some models
Which Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Should You Buy?
While there are many different robotic vacuums, and some are particularly well-suited to fill your cleaning needs, we recommend the following vacuums in general:
The bObi Classic Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is a sure win if you want a mild-mannered, modern robot that will fit in with your home or pets. It is so stylish and quiet that it is even suitable for use while you are entertaining guests, making it a great buy.
All of the iRobot vacuums are an all-around good buy, with a proven track record and quality features and programming. You cannot go wrong buying iRobot, so we highly recommend buying any of their models.