The first thought when speaking about portable power banks is, “are they necessary”? These products may seem like a waste of money at first but after owning one, you’ll come to realize they are completely indispensable.
Most of us are constantly on the go. Keeping your phone charged at all times is difficult, and bringing a charger with us everywhere we go is even more difficult. Portable power banks come in handy when you’re always on the go.
There are hundreds of models available, so knowing which is best for you may be a hard task. Prices, styles and benefits can vary, and can become extremely confusing, especially for first time buyers.
This list will assist you in narrow down the choices and help you select the best product. The top 10 best portable power banks in 2017 below are the some of the best options available on the market today and will be an important asset to your on-the-go cellphone-charging needs.
Table of Contents
- 10. DULLA M50000 Portable Power Bank
- 9. Vinsic Ultra Slim Power Bank
- 8. AmazonBasics Portable Power Bank
- 7. KMASHI 10000mAh External Battery Power Bank
- 6. External Battery RAVPower 16750mAh Portable Charger Power Bank
- 5. Portable Charger RAVPower 22000mAh 5.8A Output 3-port Power Bank
- 4. Anker PowerCore 20100
- 3. Anker PowerCore+ mini 3350mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger
- 2. Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable Charger
- 1. Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Candy bar-Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger
- Which Portable Power Bank Should You Buy?
10. DULLA M50000 Portable Power Bank
This little gadget is powerful enough to charge a smartphone about 5 times (with 12,000mAh battery), providing an extra 30 hours of power. The Safe To Charge technology supports over-charged, over-voltage and short circuit protection and perfectly protects your device against any charging accidents.
It has super-fast charging times, charging a device up to 75% faster than a standard wall charger. It’s half the weight of most other power banks and has universal capabilities. It also comes in multiple cute, fashionable and fun colors. It can be easily charged and can charge up to 2 devices at once.
- Multiple color options
- Universal compatibility
- Some customers state that the power bank itself doesn’t hold its own charge long enough
- The power bank takes a while to charge itself back up (about 11 hours)
9. Vinsic Ultra Slim Power Bank
This power bank is sleek and attractive, with a 20,000 mAh battery. It comes in a variety of colors and can power a smartphone up to 10 times without the power bank itself needing to be charged. There are multiple USB ports, a “fast charge” feature that can charge 2 devices at once.
It has universal capabilities, making the power bank extremely versatile. It’s extremely lightweight and durable, also. The Vinsic Ultra Slim has added safety features to ensure your devices stay safe and also has a built-in LED indicator to alert you of the charge on the power bank and the power available on your devices.
- Universal capability
- Power bank’s charge lasts a long time
- Takes 10 hours to charge
- Is heavy and large in comparison to other banks
8. AmazonBasics Portable Power Bank
This is an affordable option that can give you more than one charge on your device. It’s a thin power bank with options of 10,000 mAh capacity, 16,100 or 5,600. It comes with 2 USB charging ports and has an anti-slip case.
For regular purchasing, the cord doesn’t come with the power bank. However, you can purchase the bank and cable in a bundle. The highest battery capacity model is pretty affordable and can recharge a device up to 9.3 times before needing to be recharged.
- Comes with 1-year warranty
- Options for battery power
- Lightweight and affordable
- Customers have reported its durability isn’t that great
- Similar sized power banks typically come with more charging capacity
7. KMASHI 10000mAh External Battery Power Bank
This portable power bank is extremely attractive. It has a cool red and black design and is about the size of a TV remote. This bank doesn’t have the extreme battery capacity as some others, at only 10,000 mAh, but it is still capable of charging your device up to 3 times.
It comes with 4 LED lights that indicate the battery amount left in the power bank. You can charge up to 2 devices at once and only takes about 4 hours to charge the bank itself. It is also extremely affordable.
- Charges quickly
- Heavy in comparison to others
- Doesn’t have as much battery capacity as some other power banks
6. External Battery RAVPower 16750mAh Portable Charger Power Bank
This portable power bank has great battery capacity: 16,750 mAh. It is one of the most powerful on the market. It’s quite large in comparison to others, but that is a consequence of its large battery capacity. It can charge a device up to 5.5 times and can charge 2 devices at the same time.
It has a ton of safety features to keep your device safe and will automatically shut down if a short circuit or overload has occurred. It also has a built-in flashlight for an added cool feature. It is charged by premium LG battery cells.
- Large battery capacity
- Safety shut-off mode
- Slightly bulky and heavy
- Doesn’t charge as many times as other models
5. Portable Charger RAVPower 22000mAh 5.8A Output 3-port Power Bank
This RAVPower power bank is just as good a product as the other RAVPower on the list, but this one has more battery capacity (22,000 mAh). It’s still pretty affordable, although not as cheap as some others on the list. The price however, is a consequence of its quality.
It can charge up to 3 devices, up to 8 times before needing to be charged. It has a Li-polymer external battery pack that can retain 70-80% of its capacity after 500 charges. The new technology in the bank adjusts current and voltage to minimize charging time. It’s also very durable and fire-resistant!
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- High battery capacity
- Can charge up to 3 devices at once
- Takes a long time to charge the bank
- Some customers report that the quality of the product doesn’t last too long
4. Anker PowerCore 20100
This product has a very large battery capacity, at 20,100 mAh. You can charge almost any device with it and it can charge your device up to 7 times before needing a recharge. It comes with 2 USB ports and 1 micro USB port, meaning you can charge up to 3 devices at once.
It comes with a power button so you can reserve its power in between charges. It’s moderately priced in compared to others on the list and recharges completely in 10 hours. It also has a 18-month warranty and great customer service.
- High battery capacity
- 3 USB ports
- Handy power button
- Takes 10 hours to charge
- Made out of metal so it’s pretty heavy
3. Anker PowerCore+ mini 3350mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger
This cute little Anker product the one of the top rated power banks on Amazon. It comes with a very small battery capacity in comparison to the others on the list. It’s about as small as lipstick and comes in different colors. The size of it is perfect for carrying with you anywhere, even in your pocket.
It’s extremely affordable, comes with a flashlight and is perfect for any normal day where a phone-charge is needed. It has high-speed charging technology and recharges in only 3-4 hours. As with the other Anker power bank, it comes with an 18-month warranty and great customer service.
- Quickly charges
- Very affordable
- Small, portable design
- Small battery capacity
- Not good for long traveling
2. Anker PowerCore 10000 Portable Charger
This power bank from Anker is still affordable and has a battery capacity somewhere in the middle of the other 2 on the list (10,000 mAh). It can charge your device up to 3.5 times and uses high-speed-charging technology delivers the fastest charge possible.
Its safety system ensures your devices are safe. For the battery capacity, it’s small and light; smaller than a deck of cards. It’s extremely durable and uses only the highest-grade components. As with all Anker products on the list, it comes with an 18-month warranty and great customer service.
- Fast charging
- Small and compact
- May not be suitable for traveling
- Some customers have reported that after a period of time, the power bank takes a long time to charge
1. Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Candy bar-Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger
This Anker power bank comes in 3 different colors and its battery capacity comes in just a little above the lipstick sized Anker power bank (5,200 mAh). It’s very affordable and small in design. It comes with PowerIQ Technology that delivers fast charging speeds up to 4 times faster than a computer USB port.
It’s about the size of a candy bar, which makes it very portable and compact. It quickly adds about 2 charges to a device and recharges in only 5 hours. As always, Anker provides an 18-month warranty and great customer service.
- Very affordable
- Great compact design
- Charges in about 5 hours
- Probably not best for long traveling
- Some customers have reported receiving faulty products, although Anker is quick to rectify the problem
Which Portable Power Bank Should You Buy?
I hope this list can set you on the right path for choosing the best power bank for you. If you’re looking for a product to just get you through the day, or a product that can accompany on long trips, there are products on this list to suit every need you may have.
If it were me, between affordability and quality, I would choose any one of the Anker products. Depending on what you need it for, each of those power banks offers quick charging and also quick power bank charging.
Do your research. Determine battery capacity, safety features and charging speeds. Some are lacking in areas and thriving in others. It all depends on what you need the power bank for and what your budget will allow. This list will give you a good idea of which portable power bank could be right for you. Click here to see which one we bought.