Traditional, rounded, and soft? Square, sleek, and in command? Or maybe almond-shaped and fierce? Your nails can take on a life of their own with a single clip or chip. From the office space to your favorite weekend place, your nails can match your look or create it.
Thick nails can make it particularly difficult to maintain well-groomed fingers and toes. Other than choosing which shade of cherry red rockin’ fusion or sweet sugar plum fairy you would like to lacquer your nails with, what can you do to make your nails the star of the show?
Way before your first swipe of base coat even goes on, one little tool can set the tone for a great nail to come.
Nail clippers are an often overlooked and under appreciated instrument. Having the right set of clippers can mean the difference between a perfectly polished look and a jagged one that snags on your panty hose, catapulting you into the worst day ever.
Avoid the potential disaster and set your sights on some of the industry’s leading nail clippers for a flawless finish with every nail, every time. Pink and girly or rubber and industrial sized – how do you pick? What are some of the features to look out for when purchasing?
Learn how to choose the one that’s best for you by checking out some of our top 10 best nail clippers in 2017 for great clips and thick nails and you’ll never have to fear the dreaded piked edge again.
Table of Contents
- 10. Trim Easy Hold Fingernail Clipper
- 9. Rosallini Sharp Metal Fingernail Nail Clippers
- 8. Bodest Nail Clippers Set
- 7. Clyppi Nail Clippers For Fingernails
- 6. Sensible Needs Piranha Nail Clippers Set
- 5. Tweezerman Professional Stainless Steel Toenail Clipper
- 4. Seki Edge Stainless Steel Fingernail Clipper
- 3. The First Years American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper
- 2. Harperton Nail Clipper Set
- 1. Tweezerman Deluxe Nail Clipper Set
- Which Nail Clippers Should You Buy?
10. Trim Easy Hold Fingernail Clipper
Getting a good grip could be crucial when dealing with stubborn, thick nails. Luckily, the Trim Easy Hold Fingernail Clipper has a rubber grip that makes your handling safe and snug all in a small size for easy managing.
Along with the advanced grip, this clip also includes space for clippings to be stored for later disposal. Instead of dealing with the trimmings one by one, catch them all and remove in a single swoop once you finish. Convenience meets easy-as-pie.
• Nail clipping catch compartment built in, makes for easy clean up
• Rubber handling allows for a non-slip grip
• Compact size makes it easy to maneuver in tight edges
• Nail catch section can prevent you from getting a tight, up close angle
• Small size may require multiple trims for larger nails
9. Rosallini Sharp Metal Fingernail Nail Clippers
For a straight to the point, no frills, trusty tool, the Rosallini Sharp Metal Fingernail Nail Clippers are your best bet. With a firm cutting action, these clips will get the job done in one motion. Metal blades make these consistently reliable as they stay sharp while many may dull over time.
They also include a built-in file for quick touch ups. As a smaller, more compact version of many others, the Rosallini metal clippers are a great option to take with you wherever you go so you can easily battle any nail emergency.
• Sharp blades ensure a precise cut on even the thickest nails, every time
• Small size makes it a great option to throw in your purse for on-the-go grooming
• Built in key ring allows you to attach it to your keys and always have it handy
• Nail file is metal so it can be a bit rough on soft nails
• Bigger hands may have problem getting a comfortable grip as they are quite small
8. Bodest Nail Clippers Set
For a well-rounded, all-in-one clipper set, look no further than the Bodest Nail Clippers Set. Leading the specs on these little gems are the ergonomic handling and balanced weight that make it easier for weaker hands to handle, strong and compact cutting facilitates cutting through even the thickest nails, and a wide opening allows for more coverage of larger nails. Stainless steel means you’ll have this for years to come.
• Ergonomic handling and balanced weight enables elderly or those with weaker handling to get a more secure grip
• Strong, sturdy cutting helps you get the job done in a few clips
• Wide opening makes it easier to reach the entire nail for a straight across cut or larger nails with fewer movements
• Larger, heavy duty feel may be cumbersome for some to handle
• Can be a bit too sturdy and hard to clamp down
7. Clyppi Nail Clippers For Fingernails
Easy to use, high quality, and sleek, the Clyppi Nail Clippers For Fingernails is an attractive option for all your unique clipping needs. At first glance, its modern, stainless steel look and feel will lure you in while its easy press lever will enable you to get as close to your nail as necessary while providing you with the exact cut you seek. Additionally, this impressive little bit includes a nail filer/cleaner with two separate grades of roughness for your specific nail needs.
• Stainless steel design is timeless and remains attractive over time
• Easy press lever makes clipping seamless and comfortable
• Nail filer/cleaner included in device with two separate roughness grades
• A bit on the pricier side in comparison to other clippers of its size
• Some may find the size small for a larger hand to operate
6. Sensible Needs Piranha Nail Clippers Set
If sharpness is at the top of your must-have list, then the Sensible Needs Piranha Nail Clippers Set is a worthy option. Coming in at 2x sharper than most brands, the stainless steel blades are no match to even the thickest of nails.
Equipped with an ergonomic design, these clippers are both easy and comfortable to use for everyone from the athlete with rough feet to the small child. Durable, sharp, and precise, these clippers are quality.
• Sharper than many leading brands available for easier cutting of thicker nails
• Ergonomic hold and design provide for a more natural cut and ease of use
• Can be used on all kinds of nails from adult to baby
• Heavy duty design may be difficult for weaker hands to grasp
• Additional sharpness may leave nails very sharp instead of rounded
5. Tweezerman Professional Stainless Steel Toenail Clipper
A reliable tool with the precision needed for tough toenails, the Tweezerman Professional Stainless Steel Toenail Clipper is a great go-to option for anyone with thick nails needing extra attention. Its straight cutting edge ensures for a clean cut without leaving room for ingrown or other painful growth patterns. With its grooved grip for better control, this clipper ensures a quality cut with a secure feel.
• Straight edge cutting allows for safety of toenails and promotes proper growth pattern
• Great for cutting thick nails
• Grooved handle ensures a secure hold for a controlled cut
• Straight edge may require additional clips if you desire a certain angle cut
• Powerful clipping ability may make it too much for use on fingernails
4. Seki Edge Stainless Steel Fingernail Clipper
For a cutting tool with style, the Seki Edge Stainless Steel Fingernail Clipper is a front runner. Hand-finished, twice tempered stainless steel gives this clipper a unique appeal over other ordinary clippers.
With a grip made specifically for precise cutting and a cast iron lever, using this tool is not only easy but enjoyable as well. Its sharp edge allows for you to effortlessly cut through thick nails of all sizes.
• Its design makes it more appealing than just your average nail clipper
• Ergonomic design allows for a comfortable clip
• Made of durable stainless steel that will hold up to use in many conditions
• Unit may be small for larger hands to hold
• Grip can be slippery when in use
3. The First Years American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper
The ultimate in safe nail clipping for small or sensitive hands can be found in The First Years American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper. Stainless steel blades and an ergonomically secure grip are only the beginning with this advanced tool. A 4x magnifier easily folds out for an exact view of small areas and less eyestrain. This feature makes it a truly unique and safe clipper.
• Built for safely cutting small nails and for use on small hands
• Built in 4x magnifier provides better view of tiny nails for a more precise cut
• Ergonomic handling creates a comfortable hold
• Although useful, the magnifying glass may get in the way if not needed
• Given that they are made for little hands, the force of cutting is not as strong as one for larger hands
2. Harperton Nail Clipper Set
If a sound handle and grip is what you need, the Harperton Nail Clipper Set should be on your radar. With its unique design, the handle allows for the clipper to cradle fingers for an easier and more controlled cut on all kinds of nail sizes. High-grade surgical stainless steel allows for a cut that is nearly needless of a file while helping prevent splitting and ingrown.
• Unique handle makes clipping smoother and more controlled
• Nails are cradled for a more comfortable cut fit to your liking
• High-grade surgical stainless steel blades offer a sharp cut with less effort
• Blades are very thick due to high quality so simple trimming may be difficult at times
• Hefty clippers that may make handling in smaller or weaker hands difficult
1. Tweezerman Deluxe Nail Clipper Set
Precise and sharp, these clippers cut and deliver. While cutting cleanly and exactly where you desire, these clippers provide a quality job with nails of all lengths and widths. Blades are durable and meant to last through years of clipping while being easy to clean and maintain. Unique shape of blades allows for easy trimming of fingernails as well as toenails for clean cutting and great results.
• Precision blades create ideal cutting angles and sharpness
• Durable stainless steel that’s easy to clean will providing years of use
• Shaped to fit the size of most nails so usage is comfortable and ideal
• Additional force required to push down due to high cutting power
• Larger in size so they may be difficult for smaller hands to use comfortably
Which Nail Clippers Should You Buy?
For every type of nail, thickness, shape preference, length, and size there is a clipper out there made specifically for you to get the job done. Whether you want a small device to get into those hard to reach corners for an accurate cut or if you need a larger option for thicker nails that demand the heavy-duty work of a more durable device, we’ve got it all covered.
From The First Years American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper for little fingers to the Tweezerman Professional Stainless Steel Toenail Clipper for challenging toe nails, we recommend these top 10 clippers to help get you through the most unruly nails and beyond. Head to your nearest beauty store and get clipping!