Looking to buy a GoPro, but not 100% positive? You have done your research most likely, since cameras in general can cost a pretty penny, so I’m sure you’ve seen the reviews on websites.
Several of these reviews have written about how one quick movement can produce a distortion in the entire video quality.
Now, the GoPro is certainly intended for recording moments of action, however; many people use it for simple videos. This is so they can have a stunning video recorded with an exceptional camera.
To get the best out of your GoPro you will need a stabilizer, this is used to keep the image steady and crystal clear. For this kind of camera, shopping for a gimbal would be your best shot.
These can vary in every aspect, including quality, size, and price. Before you even look into buying one though, you are going to need to determine what you want specifically out of it. After that, you will need to look through products and pick which one fits your specifications the most.
I have provided a list of the top 10 best gimbal stabilizers in 2017 with a few products, descriptions, and reviews to help you get started, and make it easier for you to pick the right stabilizer.
Table of Contents
- 10. Fantaseal 3-Axis Inertia Gyro Stabilizer
- 9. Fotodiox Freeflight Moto 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
- 8. SwiftCam G3S 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
- 7. XSories X-Steady Electro Cube 1-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Mount
- 6. EVO Gimbals EVO SS 3 Axis Wearable Gimbal
- 5. LanParte HHG-01 3-Axis Motorized Handheld Gimbal Active Stabilizer
- 4. REMOVU S1 3-Axis Gimbal stabilizer
- 3. EVO GP 3 Axis Handheld Gimbal for GoPro Hero 3
- 2. EVO GP-PRO 3 Axis GoPro Gimbal
- 1. Feiyu Tech FY-WG 3-Axis Wearable Gimbal Stabilizer
- Which Gimbal Stabilizer Should You Buy?
10. Fantaseal 3-Axis Inertia Gyro Stabilizer
Lightweight, compact, and ideal for GoPro users on the move, this Fantaseal is designed for use with a single hand. You will need some practice, but that is with every stabilizer.
It comes with a built in remote control holder, a lockable handle, and can fit in your back pocket. This product is waterproof, and works with just about every model of GoPro, even other types of devices as well.
- Ergonomic design for smooth video quality.
- Comfortable grip.
- Includes a safety strap to ensure non-slip.
- You have to cock your wrist slightly to get a straight shot.
- Wrist becomes fatigued after awhile.
9. Fotodiox Freeflight Moto 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
This gimbal is has an easy set-up, as well as operation. This stabilizer gives you intuitive control over your GoPro, and smooth, natural, and cinematic footage, without the hassle of a complicated rig.
It comes with a mounting frame, giving easy access to all buttons, and keeps your camera from shaking, increasing the quality. Like I said, set-up is easy, just mount, level the stabilizer, and turn the power on. This product is designed to give you extremely professional video quality.
- Steady footage.
- Pans left/right flawlessly.
- Good product for the price.
- Not many features.
- Reports of batteries not lasting long.
8. SwiftCam G3S 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal
The SwiftCam is a designed for newer GoPros; including the Hero, Hero 3+, and 4. With the standard tripod adapter, it allows you to use your own separate equipment to save a few bucks.
A rechargeable battery, as well as charger is included. This SwiftCam has a clipping arm and magnetic locking design to ensure convenience while traveling. Along with a 360 degree horizontal pan, it also has 3 versatile shooting modes; for all occasions.
- No noise caused by stabilizer.
- Compact enough to fit in pocket.
- Comes with a counter weight for GoPro 4.
- Reports of problems with calibration.
- Reports of problems have occurred with updating.
7. XSories X-Steady Electro Cube 1-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Mount
Nearly pixel-perfect, significantly reduced camera-shake, and great for following objects in action, it is ideal for recording dynamic footage. Allowing you to record your video in high definition with a fast acting, brush-less motor.
This gimbal comes with a variety of mounts, giving you the right equipment for your type of shoot. It including a rechargeable Lithium battery and a charger cord, on full charge, this product has 8 hours of use.
- Easy to use.
- Speedy setup.
- Great suspension system.
- Reports of A great amount of sway.
- Limited with how much you can turn the handle.
6. EVO Gimbals EVO SS 3 Axis Wearable Gimbal
This gimbal is actually wearable, has wireless Bluetooth connectivity, and is ready to use right out of the box. EVO has an AV video/audio output plug, and is able to be used with the telescope extension pole that is included.
You can wear this product on a helmet, so for ease of access; one of the modes (called the turn-back mode) will turn 180 degrees to look and record behind you.
- Great quality.
- Comes with an extra set of batteries.
- Multiple shooting modes.
- Reports of the GoPro Hero 5 picks up the motor sound from the gimbal.
5. LanParte HHG-01 3-Axis Motorized Handheld Gimbal Active Stabilizer
Another one-handed gimbal, this one has a gesture control system so it will follow the tilts of your wrist, and also has a comfortable gel grip for your hands. You can ride a bike, go jogging, even skateboarding, while capturing crystal clear video footage.
The Lanparte keeps your camera (also compatible with smartphones and other devices) steady and in place, while giving your video a professional look.
- Includes 2 counterweights.
- Locks the camera in viewing position.
- Works very well if you “whip it around”.
- Breaks very easily.
4. REMOVU S1 3-Axis Gimbal stabilizer
The REMOVU has a rain-proof (not completely waterproof) and snow-proof design. This gimbal is designed for ease of use, so it able to be handheld, mountable, and wearable, all while taking professional looking videos.
It comes equipped with a detachable hand grip that doubles as a joystick remote, so you can record from a distance. This gimbal also includes; pan, follow, and lock modes.
- Removes unwanted vibrations and movements.
- Designed with high-class DC motors.
- Mountable virtually anywhere.
- Can only be used for up to 10 minutes in rain.
- Joystick creates noise with GoPro 5
3. EVO GP 3 Axis Handheld Gimbal for GoPro Hero 3
This gimbal is designed for expert use as well as beginners to start off their filming experience. It has several stabilization modes, and high torque triple round motors to give your video cinematic quality.
EVO GP comes with rechargeable lithium batteries that last up to 4-5 hours, but also can be used with an extra battery backpack to extend that time frame.
- Great construction quality.
- Reports of motor noise.
- Reports of short battery life.
2. EVO GP-PRO 3 Axis GoPro Gimbal
This EVO is similar to the last one listed but has a few upgrades included, such as; an extra LCD backpack, thumb stick control on the handle, and even more versatility.
You can mount the bottom of the handle onto a tripod, and it has several different stabilization modes, and it also has tilt buttons to get the best angle. This EVO also has a video/audio output port for an external monitor.
- Good construction quality.
- Long battery life.
- Good video stabilization.
- Reports of not being able to use with GoPro 5.
- Reports of setup being difficult.
1. Feiyu Tech FY-WG 3-Axis Wearable Gimbal Stabilizer
This is a very portable and compact gimbal, and can be used any any product that supports the three-prong mount. The Feiyu, once mounted, can be adjusted in several different orientations for your preference of video angle. It is wearable and very user friendly. It is compatible with the GoPro Hero 4, 3, and 3+, as well as several other cameras.
- Several reports of amazing results.
- Long battery life.
- Reports of “not friendly user interface”.
- No quick lock.
Which Gimbal Stabilizer Should You Buy?
I’m hoping your not overwhelmed, because as you can see, there are a lot of different things to consider before purchasing a stabilizer. Personally; I recommend the EVO Gimbals EVO SS 3 Axis Wearable Gimbal.
This stabilizer has a great rating, great reviews, and a great price for what it gives, it also has easy user access for beginners. However, my opinion should not determine your gimbal.
I cannot stress enough how much I recommend you do your own research on each product, to make sure it is the right one for you, the user. Well, I hope you have fun recording your memories and videos! Good luck!