The phrase “breast is best” is common knowledge. Physicians and a lot of organizations recommend breastfeeding a baby is best for the first six months of their lives or longer if possible. There are a lot of reasons that breastmilk is best for babies.
Breastmilk is best for babies because it has a lot of antibodies that help build a baby’s immune system and promotes their brain and vision development.
It is believed that breast milk also reduces the chance of a baby getting SIDS as well as lowering the chance of them getting diabetes, cancer, high cholesterol, asthma, and obesity as they get older.
It also lowers the chance of them being obese. Breastfeeding has benefits for those of you that breastfeed also because it will help you get back to your pre-pregnancy weight and can lower the chances of them getting osteoporosis and breast and ovarian cancer. There are also benefits for
Breastfeeding also saves you money as there is no need to purchase formula. Breast pumps also make easier breastfeeding for moms like you.
Breast pumps make pumping easier for you, especially electric breast pumps. The majority of hospitals and lactation specialists highly recommend that breastfeeding moms like you and I use breast pumps due to the fact that they can draw out breastmilk efficiently and they are easy for those of us that breastfeed to use.
Another benefit of breast pumps is quickly expelling breast milk.
They expel milk quickly and leave our hands free to hold our babies and carry out the other daily activities that we have to do.
Battery-powered breast pumps allow us to be mobile, but their battery life does not last long. If we use a higher-end breast pump, they have a lot of additional features for us to use.
If we purchase higher-end breast pumps, they are not as noisy as other breast pumps. They are also less painful for us to use. Breast pumps with AC adaptors have a longer battery life so we can pump when we need to and not have to worry about the battery dying.
These top 10 electronic breast pumps in 2017 that I have researched are some of the best ones on the market.
Table of Contents
- 10. The First Years Breastflow Memory Pump
- 9. Nuk Expressive Single Electric Breast Pump
- 8. Bellema Mango Portable Single Electric Breast Pump
- 7. Spectra Baby USA S2 Double/Single Breast Pump
- 6. Philips AVENT Single Electric Comfort Breast Pump
- 5. BelleMa Effective Pro Double Electric Breast Pump
- 4. Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump
- 3. Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
- 2. Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump
- 1. Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump
- Which Electronic Breast Bump Should You Buy?
10. The First Years Breastflow Memory Pump
This breast pump is a trusted brand that hospitals give to moms like us. It is made of plastic and provides a lot of benefits for us moms. These benefits include:
- A back-lit touch screen that is easy to use
- Automatically tracks and saves information from ten sessions like date, time, suction power, and speed.
- It gives us the option to enter milk volume for a complete profile of each pumping session.
- It comes with a custom designed tote bag, a cooler bag, two five-ounce breast flow bottles, two sizes of flexi-fit breast shields, and a rechargeable battery pack.
- The one-of-a-kind handles make it possible for you to double pump with one hand.
- The batteries only last for one pumping and
- The suction power is not great.
9. Nuk Expressive Single Electric Breast Pump
This attractive breast pump is good for those of you that are financially strapped. The benefits include:
- A dial that adjusts easily for your comfort and provides productive pumping
- It is lightweight (weighs less than a pound) and is easy to transport.
- The five parts make it easy to assemble.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a five-ounce breast milk container with a slow flow nipple, a collar, cap, and seal disk for storage, a container stand, a voltage adapter, and an extra silicone valve.
- It drains the batteries quickly.
- The suction power is not good.
- It stops working within weeks or months after it is purchased.
8. Bellema Mango Portable Single Electric Breast Pump
This breast pump is a great pump for all moms, especially those of us that are on-the-go. It does not weigh a lot which makes it easy to transport.
- It has two phases-stimulation and expression.
- The soft silicone cushion makes it comfortable for us to pump.
- It has a closed system anti-backflow.
- It is easy to put together, use, and clean.
- The memory feature stores your preferred settings.
- It is approved by the F.D.A., is BPA free, and comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- Low suction power
- It is very loud when it is being used and
- It quits working after being used for a few times.
7. Spectra Baby USA S2 Double/Single Breast Pump
This breast pump may appear costly for us moms who need to watch how we spend every dollar. However, this pump does have a lot of benefits and features that other pumps do not have.
- It has a really quiet, let down mode, and fully adjustable program to best suit your body.
- The closed system is very hygienic for you and your baby.
- It has a night light and timer.
- You can pump one or two breasts at a time.
- It has a strong suction that is also comfortable.
- The digital display allows you to easily see your program.
- The suction power quits working after a few uses and
- It is known to short out.
6. Philips AVENT Single Electric Comfort Breast Pump
This breast pump is perfect for those of us that need one that is comfortable and portable as well.
- It has three speeds after the gentle stimulation mode.
- The soft and warm stimulation helps promote the flow of breast milk.
- The small and lightweight design makes it easy for us to store and transport.
- It is BPA free.
- It is easy to put together and clean.
- The batteries have a long life.
- It pumps milk in a timely manner.
- It runs very quietly.
- It has a lot of grooves and it is not easy to clean.
- It stops running when it is in use.
5. BelleMa Effective Pro Double Electric Breast Pump
This breast pump is ideal for us moms, no matter whether we are stay-at-home-moms or we work out of the home that need a pump that pumps milk quickly.
It is a bit more expensive than other pumps, but it has extra features that other pumps do not.
- You can use it on the left or right breast or both of them.
- It has two pumping phases: stimulation and expression.
- The soft silicone cushions make it comfortable for us to pump and allows for gentle massage.
- It is F.D.A. approved, BPA-free, and has a one-year limited warranty.
- It is hard to assemble and
- It quit working after a few uses.
4. Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump
This double electric breast pump lets us moms be in control. It let us set the strength of the vacuum and cycle speed.
- The closed system does not allow milk to get backed up in the tubing and pump motor.
- Since it comes already put together, it is ready to use.
- It is easy to clean because the milk can not get clogged up in the tubing.
- We can use the breast milk right away or store it for later use.
- It is made of BPA-free plastic.
- The suction does not work well.
- Many people say it did not work when they pulled it out of the box.
3. Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump
This double electric breast pump is meant for us moms to use on a daily basis. It is designed for moms that need to pump often.
- The battery pack makes it possible for us moms to pump whenever and wherever we need to.
- The removable cooler bag with a contoured ice bag can hold up to four bottles.
- It comes with a five-ounce bottle, 24mm breast shields, personal fit connectors, valves, tubing, and instructions.
- It takes a long time to pump a little milk.
- It has a short lifespan and
- It gradually loses suction power over time.
2. Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump
This starter set breast pump gives those of us that may be first time moms all we need to pump our breast milk for the first time. We can adjust the controls to whatever speed we feel comfortable with.
- The double pump features allow for eighteen percent more milk being expressed.
- It has a quiet motor.
- It is going for pumping milk on-the-go.
- It is easy to clean and use.
- The replacement parts are easy to find at drug stores.
- It allows us to have a comfortable pumping session.
- It leaks air which makes suction hard.
- It is known to pinch and cause painful breast milk expression.
1. Philips AVENT Double Electric Comfort Breast Pump
Time is of the essence for a lot of moms and this breast pump is great for us who are often strapped for time. The unique design and massaging cushion ensure that pumping will be comfortable for you each time you pump.
After the gentle stimulation mode, you can choose from a low, medium, or high speed.
- It has a two-year warranty.
- It is simple to put together.
- It is BPA free.
- The closed system is sanitary as it keeps your breast milk away from the tubing.
- The parts of this pump are dishwasher safe.
- It is very noisy and
- Non- U.S. residents have trouble using the warranty.
Which Electronic Breast Bump Should You Buy?
These electronic breast pumps make it easier for moms to pump and are typically more comfortable than manual breast pumps. Some of them even store pumping session information for future reference.
They range in size, price, and whether they are single or double breast pumps. After reviewing all of these pumps, one of them stands out above the rest.
After researching and reviewing these breast pumps, I can without a doubt say that the Nuk single breast pump is the best. It is economically priced, lightweight, comfortable, and it is easy to put together and clean.
They also give to charity as a portion of each sale goes to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Therefore, when you buy this pump, you are not only making your breast pumping process easier, you are supporting the super women that are fighting cancer.