In film making with DSLRs having a high quality and extremely stable image is essential to success. When filming without a stabilizer, a video can become shaky and unsteady.
Through the use of a good stabilizer a videographer is able to record a movie by using a device that pivots on a single axis allowing for a smooth consistency amongst each frame.
Utilizing a DSLR without a stabilizer is near impossible and causes videos to become disorienting and unbearable to watch. Fortunately there are many accessories that allow the DSLR user to be able to steady their camera and record video footage that looks as though it has been shot from a full blown professional rig.
Our reviews are geared towards finding you the best product available without all the stress of you having to research and compare on your own. We’ve compared, how practical these stabilizers are, how effective they are, and how visually appealing they are to provide some of the best options for whatever your camera may be.
We are sure you will find the best possibly steadicam for your video needs from our carefully crafted list.
When purchasing any new camera equipment it is important to thoroughly determine your needs, so we have written detailed descriptions as to how beneficial each stabilizer is to its end user.
Here are the top 10 best DSLR camera steadicams available in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. Kamisafe KINGJOY Multi-function Handheld Aluminum Alloy Stabilizer
- 9. Finegood Handheld Hard Sponge Handle Camera Stand Steady Stabilizer
- 8. Fantaseal Ergonomic Camera Grip Mount
- 7. Kamisafe KINGJOY VS001 Mini Handheld Video Stabilizer
- 6. ASHANKS S60 Aluminum Handheld Stabilizer
- 5. ASHANKS S40 Handheld Steadycam Stabilizer
- 4. Jiale DSLR-Stabilizer-F Handheld Video Camera Stabilizer
- 3. SUTEFOTO S40 Mini Handheld Stabilizer
- 2. IMORDEN S-60C Camera Stabilizer
- 1. Roxant video camera stabilizer
- Which DSLR Camera Steadicam Should You Buy?
10. Kamisafe KINGJOY Multi-function Handheld Aluminum Alloy Stabilizer
The Kamisafe KINGJOY VS1032 stabilizer is a great option for users who are looking to obtain a stabilized video without having to break the bank in the process. The Kamisafe KINGJOY comes equipped with a quick release plate that allows it to accept virtually all DSLR camcorders and cameras on the market.
One of the Kamisafe’s many unique features is that it can alternatively be used as a tripod. Being one of the entry-level steadicams, having a tripod built-in is a fantastic feature that utilizes nifty engineering to deliver camera users a fantastic end product worth a purchase.
- Can also be used as a tripod
- Engineered to offer extra features
- Accepts virtually all cameras
- Not as high quality as other stabilizers
- Bulkier than compact steadicam stabilizers
9. Finegood Handheld Hard Sponge Handle Camera Stand Steady Stabilizer
The Finegood Handheld Hard Sponge Handle Camera Stand Stabilizer is perhaps one of the most practical and affordable stabilizers on the market today. It’s design is simple and avoids being cumbersome by limiting its size to just a simple handle. The compact size of the stabilizer make it a fantastic choice for street videographers looking to get tight angles and execute projects they would otherwise find problems shooting.
When purchasing a handheld stabilizer it is crucial to choose something that is well constructed and isn’t likely to break at any given moment. The construction of the Finegood stabilizer benefits from a high-strength aluminum alloy material that gives it a professional grade construction not found on other stabilizers. Finegood also includes a rubberized pad that protects your camera and its value.
- Extremely affordable
- Aluminum construction
- Compact Size
- Not as stylistic as other options
- Limited in its simplicity
8. Fantaseal Ergonomic Camera Grip Mount
As far as comfort goes, nothing beats the Fantaseal Ergonomic Camera Grip Mount. Especially designed for GoPro cameras the Fantaseal is a great choice for DSLR cameras as well when comfort is a necessity.
Equipped with a Xiaomi Yi SJCAM Action Hand Grip Stabilizer, the Fantaseal rarely has any shaky tendencies in the videos it outputs. The grip is made from a sturdy ABS plastic blend that allows the grip to take a great deal of use.
- Comfortable Grip
- Great for DSLR cameras
- Built of sturdy ABS plastic
- Not as light as carbon stabilizers
- Plastic in quality
While the Fantaseal is one of the most compact and comfortable grips on our list, it is a fantastic choice for those looking for something portable and reliable for any size camera.
7. Kamisafe KINGJOY VS001 Mini Handheld Video Stabilizer
Are you looking for something a bit more sturdy and compact for shooting videos and taking pictures? The Kamisafe KINGJOY VS001 is built upon a monopod design that delivers results thanks to its straight rod “I” type design.
If you are looking to shoot 360 video, this is the stabilizer for you. The stabilizer can be used for professional cameras including Canon, Pentax, and many more brands. It is also highly capable of holding small action cameras.
- Extremely portable
- Accommodates many brands
- Is more compact than larger rigs
- Has a large bottom weight
- Not as sturdy as other stabilizers
- Lacks features of other stabilizers
6. ASHANKS S60 Aluminum Handheld Stabilizer
If you are looking for a professional stabilizer, look no further. Ashanks has built you the best classically designed handheld stabilizer on the market.
While the 60mm ASHANKS has an adjustable height, it’s handle provides a smooth shake free experience for all of your video. This is a stabilizer we highly recommend, especially the CL-1 classic black color.
- Classic Black Color
- Best Looking Stabilizer
- Extremely Adjustable Height
- Has a large bottom weight
- Not as stable as other options
- Slightly expensive
5. ASHANKS S40 Handheld Steadycam Stabilizer
Similar to the ASHANKS S60, the S40 comes at a much more affordable price and in a more compact package that you are sure to appreciate. It’s size of 40mm makes it ideal for travel and general use.
It comes in the same color as the S60 but offers more stability in a size that is suited towards a larger variety of needs.
- More compact and portable than the S60
- Visually Appealing in its CL-1 format
- Adjustable height to suit your uses
- Utilizes a two weight system
- Slightly less stabilized than the S60
4. Jiale DSLR-Stabilizer-F Handheld Video Camera Stabilizer
Perhaps one of the most innovative stabilizers on the list, the Jiale DSLR-Stabilizer-F is a simple steadicam that allows for up to 2.1 pound cameras to be held and moved.
The camera stabilizer’s curved design provides unparalleled aesthetics elevate this steadicam above the rest on our list. It’s red color scheme and 3 counter weight design offers stability and style in one simple package that you are sure to appreciate with each use.
- Gorgeous handheld
- 3 counter weight system
- Random deletions
- Not as ergonomic as other choices
- Overly compact and not suited for larger cameras
3. SUTEFOTO S40 Mini Handheld Stabilizer
One of our personal favorites, the SUTEFOTO S40 boasts a highly compact frame that many professionals utilize for tight shots and small spaces. Ideal for many DSLR configurations, the SUTEFOTO is a fantastic stabilizer for those looking to cut down on weight.
You’ll also love that this stabilizer, while compact, also is able to hold up to a 3.31lb camera making it one of the strongest camera stabilizers on our list. It’s carbon fiber frame and bidirectional base plate allow for fine adjustments made on the fly while shooting.
- Holds heavier cameras up to 3.31lbs
- Small and compact
- Fantastic bidirectional base
- Not as tall as other options
- Only utilizes a two way counterweight system
2. IMORDEN S-60C Camera Stabilizer
With its famous green handle, the IMORDEN Carbon S-40c stabilizer is one of the most light weight stabilizers on our list. You’d think since it is light that it would need to sacrifice strength, but this is not the case thanks to its Carbon design.
Perhaps one of the best features you can find on the IMORDEN is its adjustable balance weights. Balance weights on the IMORDEN come in four 100g weights. You can also purchase 50g weights to compliment your setup.
Comfort is best on the IMORDEN. It’s handle is famous amongst us and other users as being one of the most comfortable amongst all of the handheld stabilizers we tried from our list.
- Extremely comfortable grip
- Adjustable weight system
- Lightweight carbon body
- Steep price point
- More parts than other stabilizers
1. Roxant video camera stabilizer
The Roxant stabilizer is our favorite steadicam out of the group. This limited edition “Midnight Black” contains a gorgeous style and no slip grip that makes sure your camera remains stable 100% of the time.
Indie movie makers will love the small comfortable profile of this grip. Roxant provides unparalleled support in comparison to other brands.
If you have any problems with the stabilizer Roxant offers a lifetime email support that includes videos to help you use the steadicam with absolutely no issues. The Roxant is our favorite camera on the list and we hope it will be yours as well!
- Hard to find Limited Edition
- Unique design that allows for a low profile
- No slip grip
- Only holds up to 2.1 pounds
- Is in a limited supply
Which DSLR Camera Steadicam Should You Buy?
From the Kamisafe to the Roxant, we’ve provided a list of stabilizer reviews that aims to suit your film making needs. The stabilizers we have chosen in this list accommodate different DSLR camera weights varying from 2.1 pounds all the way to 3.3, thus offering a broad range of weight options.
We recommend considering things like hand size, camera configuration, and overall video needs when making a choice as to which camera would be best for you. A low profile stabilizer will work better in rigs developed for shooting consistently in tight spaces or out on a crowded street.
Larger rigs provide options for shooting in open areas or areas that allow for more stabilization do to bumpy or unstable surfaces. These rigs on our list also are more expensive and range up to 60mm.
We urge you to buy any of the stabilizers on our list as these steadicams have been hand-picked to suit everyone’s different needs. Whatever you choose, we’ve chosen products that are reliable and excellent for any form of film making.