If you have ever felt the frustration of being tethered to the wall with your corded home phone, you may have considered finding freedom in a cordless phone. Cordless phones provide you the freedom to move around your entire home, and often around your front and back yards.
Mothers who have used corded phones know their limitations very well. Imagine, your on an important call, and you realize that all of a sudden your house is too quiet. When its time to check on the kids, a corded phone requires you to set the hand piece down.
However, with a cordless phone, you can sneak up on your too-quiet children and find out just what it is they are being so quiet about. Cordless phones also allow you to clean, cook, and pace while you talk.
Instead of making phone time the end of getting all of the household tasks completed, they allow you to multitask even more. In the busy life of a mother or grandmother, this additional freedom will feel like a godsend.
If you are considering buying a cordless phone, you may want to know what kind of phone would be best for you.
Here is my breakdown of the top 10 best cordless phones in 2017, as well as the good and the bad about each one.
Table of Contents
- 10. Motorola’s IT6-2 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Digital Cordless Home Phone
- 9. VTech CS6529-4 DECT 6.0 Phone Answering System
- 8. Panasonic KXTGF345B Dect 5-Handset Landline Telephone
- 7. Panasonic KX-TGE275S Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled Phone
- 6. Panasonic KX-TGD223N dect 6.0 3-Handset Landline Telephone
- 5. Panasonic KX-TG6592T 2-Handsets Cordless Phone
- 4. Panasonic KX-TGE233B Expandable Cordless Digital Phone
- 3. Panasonic Link2Cell Bluetooth KX-TGE274S 4 Handsets Cordless Phone
- 2. AT&T CRL82312 DECT 6.0 Phone Answering System
- 1. Panasonic KX-TG7875S Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled Phone
- Which Cordless Phone Should You Buy?
10. Motorola’s IT6-2 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Digital Cordless Home Phone
The Motorola IT6-2 DECT 6.0 is a very high quality phone in terms of its features and general usability. It is manufactured using precision crafting and materials that allow it to be durable yet thin. The phone has a metal frame, which lends to its sleak appearance as well as durability.
The phone is no more than .24 inches thin, making it one of the thinnest cordless home phones on the market. It has backlit keys which definitely make it look cool, especially in low light situations. The Motorola IT6-2 features a built in phone book, caller ID with a storage of the last 50 calls as well as 30 minutes of storage for its built in answering machine.
- The answering machine is built into the charger base and is easy to use
- Good sound quality
- Easy to hear it ring
- Does not have a headset jack for corded headsets
- Irreplaceable battery
9. VTech CS6529-4 DECT 6.0 Phone Answering System
VTech has been well known in electronics for a long time. The phones that they manufacture are popular as well as affordable. VTech’s CS6529 cordless phone has a built in caller ID function that stores the last 50 calls.
It has built in voicemail with an indicator that alerts you of unheard messages. The phone has 14 minutes of recording time for its voicemail system and lets you redial phone numbers from a list of the last ten dialed numbers.
It even has a built in speakerphone, so no more shouldering the phone when you need to use both of your hands. It is compatible with hearing aids as well, making this phone one of the more accessible phones on this end of the market.
VTech even ships the phone with an included wall mount, so there is no extra space taken up on your desk or counter top.
- Time stamped voicemail messages
- Ability to intercom between additional headsets
- Shared phonebook between additional models
- Only 14 minutes of voicemail recording time
- Screen text may be too small for some people
8. Panasonic KXTGF345B Dect 5-Handset Landline Telephone
This phone from Panasonic is actually pretty cool. It has a battery backup so that you can still use your trusty cordless when the power goes out. It comes with a built in answering machine and is compatible with up to five handsets.
Panasonic did a good job designing this phone, it is sleek and has enough useful features to make it a great phone for home or the office. With the ability to block up to 250 numbers with the touch of a button, this phone is obviously designed with security and privacy in mind.
In fact, it even has a built in baby monitor! You can now keep an eye and ear on your little one with your handset. When your baby wakes up or cries, the monitoring handset that you leave in the nursery will send an alert to the main handset’s base unit as well as to any home or cellphone number you want.
The built in answering machine provides 17 minutes of voice message time, and each handset has noise reduction technologies built in.
- Block up to 250 numbers with one-touch Call Block on base unit and handsets
- Check messages, return calls and more with a Smart Function Key button
- Clearly hear calls from noisy places with Noise Reduction
- Receive alerts when the baby starts crying with built-in baby monitor
- Easily block unwanted callers
- Built in baby monitor
- Phones come with rechargeable batteries
- Is wall-mountable, however it is an awkward mount
- No longer has the blinking LED alerting unheard voicemail that previous models had
7. Panasonic KX-TGE275S Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled Phone
With Link2cell and Bluetooth technology, this Panasonic handset has some nice features. It has a built in answering machine in its base, and expands to as many as 5 additional handsets.
Contacts can be shared between handsets and visual alerts notify of incoming calls and messages. The phone also works with an optional key detector allowing you to page your lost car keys!
- Easy-to-use Big Buttons on Handset & Base
- Link up to 2 Cell Phones
- Power Back-Up Operation
- Some users have had problems with sound interference when using the speaker phone
- Bigger buttons mean bigger base
6. Panasonic KX-TGD223N dect 6.0 3-Handset Landline Telephone
This expandable cordless phone system from Panasonic has a built in answering machine, 3 handsets (expandable to 6) as well as caller ID and blocking. It is also designed to be energy efficient and eco-friendly. The phone’s caller ID announces incoming calls with speech in between rings.
- Talking caller ID
- Large Screen
- Customization of ringtones
- No headset port
- Can only block up to 60 phone numbers
5. Panasonic KX-TG6592T 2-Handsets Cordless Phone
Part of Panasonic’s new line of Dect. 6.0 plus phones, the KX-TG6592T is hearing aid compatible and features a built in answering machine. It has a large keypad allowing those with vision troubles to use the phone easily.
Voicemail messages can be as long as 40 minutes long, and accessing the messages you want is made easy. Expandable to as many as 6 extra handsets, this phone is designed with accessibility in mind.
- Big easy to see and use buttons
- Expandable with up to 6 handsets
- 40 minutes of voicemail time
- Some users with hearing problems have a hard time with this phone while others do not
- Belt clip can seem cumbersome
4. Panasonic KX-TGE233B Expandable Cordless Digital Phone
With large buttons that make the phone easy to see and use, this Panasonic phone features voicemail, noise reduction and a tone equalizer that allows you to adjust the bass, middle ranges and treble in your caller’s voice. It also features a battery backup for times when the power goes out.
- Noise Reduction
- Caller ID talks
- Text Sender Alert talks
- Sometimes have to hit TALK twice to wake up the phone
- Random phone book storage system
3. Panasonic Link2Cell Bluetooth KX-TGE274S 4 Handsets Cordless Phone
With Bluetooth technology and the Link2Cell feature, Panasonic designed a phone for those who love technology. You can link up to 2 smartphones via Bluetooth and share your cell phone contacts with your Panasonic handsets. With vocal alerts the handsets help you to never miss a call or text message.
- Links with up to 2 cell phones
- Big buttons
- Buttons on base and handset
- Menu can be confusing
- Link2cell could be easier to use
2. AT&T CRL82312 DECT 6.0 Phone Answering System
This phone by AT&T has many features designed to make it easier to receive messages,
answer your calls and store your contacts. The system is expandable to as many as 4 handsets and features a handy conference call ability. You can store up to 50 contacts in the phones built in phonebook and access your last 10 calls for an easy redial.
- High range
- Built in audio equalizer
- Expandable up to 12 handsets
- Short battery life
- Battery quality could be better
1. Panasonic KX-TG7875S Link2Cell Bluetooth Enabled Phone
With Bluetooth technology and Link2Cell you can link 2 smartphones and take your cell phone calls using your handset. This Panasonic phone also charges your smartphone with a built in USB charger.
It has message forwarding and lets you block up to 250 phone numbers. Voicemail messages can be recorded for up to 18 minutes, and the built in contacts list can contain up to 3,000 phone numbers.
- USB Charging of Cell Phones
- Noise Reduction
- Some buttons lose color after use
- Programming the phone can seem complicated
Which Cordless Phone Should You Buy?
Today’s modern house phones have some amazing technologies built into them that weren’t commonplace 10 to 15 years ago. There was a time when a cordless phone was just that, a landline phone with no chord.
Now they can store many more contacts than ever before, and even let you block those pesky telemarketers! There are many great choices waiting for you to take home, and it can seem daunting to pick the one that is right for you.
In my experience, the Panasonic KX-TG7875S is definitely the way to go. I have tried every single one of these phones, and that one is one that I have enjoyed using the most. With 3000 slots to fill my contacts and the ability to share contacts from my cell, this phone has made life a lot easier on me.
If your in the market for a cordless phone for your home or office, I really recommend that you try the Panasonic KX-TG7875S. Check it out on Amazon.