Fit for any budget, situation or lifestyle, it’s great to have a little bit of breeze, shelter and shade for whatever camping trip or event that you may need. These canopy tents give you excellent options for portability, easy setup, style and comfort.
It helps if you have what features you might want in your canopy tent, like versatility in attaching additional cover or even another canopy tent.
Different brands and designs will offer heavier, sturdy builds, which is very useful if you may be battling with nature or need to attach other features to your canopy tent.
A lighter frame means better portability, less potential problems with set-up, if any, and may be just what you’re looking for.
Finding the right size for what you need is important, and you can always use less space if you get a slightly larger canopy tent than needing more space. Affordability for canopy tents at any size is great.
Also knowing what style or shape you might need, like an angled top to keep rain or snow from collecting and causing damage is important.
We’ve reviewed the top 10 best canopy tents available in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 1. Tutu Outdoors Triangular Canopy Tent
- 2. Ozark Trail Pop-Up 10×10 Canopy Tent
- 4. Ozark Trail Dome ConnecTent with Canopy
- 5. ExacMe 10×10 Pop-Up Canopy Tent
- 6. Palm Springs Hexagonal Pop-Up Canopy Tent
- 7. Quictent 10×20 Pop-Up Canopy Tent
- 9. Longsinger Large Camping Tent Canopy
- 10. Clam Quick Set-Up Shelter Canopy
1. Tutu Outdoors Triangular Canopy Tent
This tarp-like canopy tent is 16 feet by 16 feet and triangular in design, and it’s great for taller people at 7 feet high. The included ropes and pegs make the triangular cover windproof, and the 210T Polyester, PU material is waterproof and 99% UV-resistant.
It offers a super-lightweight, portable fiberglass frame, and also has a carrying bag and instructions included. It’s a bright blue, which adds to comfort and resistance in the sun.
- easy to carry at 6lbs and sets-up quickly
- 99% UV resistant and waterproof
- can be used in a variety of places
- if camping, you may need additional tarps or cover to keep the elements out
- triangle design makes it harder to use with more people
2. Ozark Trail Pop-Up 10×10 Canopy Tent
This canopy tent is very easy to set up, featuring a steel frame that’s pre-attached that you simply unfold and snap-up into place.
All four sides have a heavy-duty mesh to keep out bugs and debris, and there are two zippered doors for access. A UV rating of 50+ keeps out harmful rays. The tent comes with a carry bag, stakes and tie-downs.
- quick and easy set-up
- stakes and tie-downs for stability
- two zippered doors for access
- super lightweight and portable
- needs separate equipment for water and rain resistance
- may need additional tie downs and stakes and a tarp for strong wind
3. Wild Outfitters XL Beach Tent 2-in-1 Sun Canopy
This cabana-style tent and canopy has 56 square feet of floor space, and the height inside is 4’8″. It has a quick-up frame and comes with sand pockets for added stability with the staking-system.
The flooring is a durable 300D Oxford, and the tent is a 210T waterproof, Polyester Ripstop. It comes with stakes, screws, extendable canopy poles and detachable side-shades, all for an easy set-up. It also comes with a zippered carrying case that has everything inside.
It’s an excellent all-around, versatile tent with a detachable canopy for added function.
- very versatile for camping or beach use
- everything you need to set it up is included
- bright color that won’t soak up heat in the sun, and has lots of airflow options
- not the best height inside for taller people
- needs extra spikes and guy lines in very windy conditions
4. Ozark Trail Dome ConnecTent with Canopy
The Ozark Trail is an widely-used and recognized brand of camping and other outdoor gear. This 10′ by 10′ and 88″ high tent with a canopy has room for up to 8 people to sleep.
It also allows additional add-on tents in an L-shape or opposite of each other for even more space, which each fit 4 people. A mesh roof and 2 windows in each room give you great airflow. Guy lines and a clip-on mud-mat are included.
- easy set up with instructions
- versatility for room set-up and add ons
- canopy can be used by itself or with 1 or more tents
- height is better for taller people to be comfortable
- Con: may be difficult to fit all 8 people because of shape
- Con: mud mat is a little small depending on your set-up
5. ExacMe 10×10 Pop-Up Canopy Tent
A great one-person set-up tent with 2 windows and plenty of shade, this is a great choice for a decent amount of space for an event, getaway or anything else.
It sets up in less than a minute, and has an oil-resistant canopy and rust-resistant frame. The height is 8.4 feet to the center-point, so it allows for comfort if you’re tall.
- super-quick and easy set-up
- 2 viewing windows and zippered back
- large space and coverage for shade and privacy
- does not mention if front cover is zipper or tie-back only
- may not be very water or UV resistant
6. Palm Springs Hexagonal Pop-Up Canopy Tent
If you’re looking for something a little more unique, this hexagonal canopy tent has a powder-coated steel frame for extra stability. The canopy can be used without the included walls or with them, which are zippered and can also be draped back and tied with the attached ties.
The roofing is a 180g Polyester, which is PA-coated to provide sun-protection and cover for light rain. The sides of this tent are almost 7 feet each, and height of over 13 feet.
The steel frame allows you do to 3 different height levels at 3.5 inch intervals. Also included is 12 anchors to attach into grass or other soft ground.
- easy set up with pop-up frame
- versatility for mesh screen zippered shut or tied back
- can be used with or without mesh walls
- different height adjustments
- even with height adjustments, you’ll only have about 5′ 3″ of space
- if you are using it for camping, you may need tarps and other add-ons
7. Quictent 10×20 Pop-Up Canopy Tent
Another option for a large event and need of extra space is the canopy tent from Quictent. It is 10 feet by 20 feet, and over 8 feet in height, and is made with a powder-coated steel frame.
The patented fabric is a 100% waterproof Quictent Silvox fabric with some UV resistance. The 4 zippered windows are made of mesh for good airflow and accessibility, and the side walls are removable and give you versatility to add on other Quictents.
- super easy set-up
- 100% waterproof
- huge amount of space that can be expanded with more Quictents
- could have a better UV rating
- needs guy ropes and steaks for use in high-wind conditions
8. Outsunny 10×20 Multi-Purpose Canopy Tent
If you need something heavy-duty and large enough for the task, then this is a great option. It can be used as a party tent, camping area, carport and more.
The powder-coated steel frame stands at over 9 feet high fully extended, and comes with stakes and pull ropes for stability. It is made of white PE Cloth, and the roof is water-resistant and blocks 99% of UV rays.
The zippered front opening makes it easy to access and also avoid the sun and other weather conditions. Each side panel has 3 drainage holes to keep the tent in place and avoid damage from rain.
- sturdy frame with large dimensions
- comes with 20 ground stakes and 6 pull-ropes for extra stability
- zippered door for added accessibility
- does not mention if both front and back are zippered
- not recommended in high-wind or very rainy conditions
9. Longsinger Large Camping Tent Canopy
With dimensions sitting at over 14.5 foot width and length, and almost 7.5 feet high, it allows for comfort and lots of room. The fabric is waterproof, with a UV 50+ rating to block out 98% of ultraviolet light.
All four polyester walls are included, and mosquito nets are available. A velcro and snap design make set up easier, and the frame is made of a light steel. The inside of the tent has mesh storage pockets for anything else you need to easily get to.
- large and tall enough for everyone
- easy set up with lightweight materials
- excellent sun, wind and rain protection
- mesh, zippered mosquito nets are available for a higher price
- shipping is expensive since the item doesn’t seem available in the U.S.
10. Clam Quick Set-Up Shelter Canopy
The black mesh sides and 210 Poly-Oxford fabric is designed for durability and versatility. The front mesh screen has a reinforced, extra large zipper, and the top of the canopy is water-resistant with taped seams.
It stands at 7.5 feet tall, and it has a little over 11.5 feet length and width dimensions. Inside the carry case, it may be a little heavy at 34 lbs., but it’s still easy to set-up and take down.
- good amount of height for taller people
- included dark, mesh nets provide a little more shade and shelter from bugs
- great price for something that will last
- no included cover for very rainy or windy conditions
- roof is water-resistant but not waterproof