Whether for professional purposes or simply to produce better family videos, the quality of your work often depends as much on equipment as it does talent. The market is crowded with many brands of sliders, and you may wonder which is right for your needs.
That question is easily answered, simply consider what you normally do when you get out your camera, the type of shots you want to get, etc. For fixed shots or videos, when average won’t do, using the right equipment takes your work to the next level of perfection.
Sliders are a must have for serious work. Videos that jerk and jitter around, or flat, lifeless looking photos are not what you want your work known for.
Smooth footage, or crisp, clear photos are best achieved by using sliders because stabilizers help avoid the vibrations that can take the perfect shot and ruin it. The following list is top 10 best camera sliders in 2017 available on today’s market.
You know you need one, and choosing from this list saves the stress plowing through the internet can sometimes cause. Take your time reading, and then decide.
Somewhere down below is what you need to boost your work and get the notice it deserves whether you intend to sell your shots or put them in the family archives.
Table of Contents
- 10. Fancierstudio Camera Track Slider
- 9. Kamerar SD-1 Mark II Camera Slider
- 8. ePhoto 39 Inch Camera Slider
- 7. Fancierstudio Camera Track Slider
- 6. StudioFX Ball Bearing DSLR Camera Slider
- 5. Fancierstudio Camera Track Slider
- 4. Imorden 32 Inch Camera Slider
- 3. Neewer 24 Inch Camera Slider
- 2. Konova Camera Slider Dolly K2
- 1. Filmcity SL-2 DSLR Camera Slider
- Which Camera Slider Should You Buy?
10. Fancierstudio Camera Track Slider
The JRFOTO is 40″ long and utilizes ball-bearings for the slide mechanism which is tension adjustable. Legs raise the slider to optimum height and make angling easier. Built-in bubble leveler, brakes for instant stop, and compatible with standard ball heads.
- Easily attaches to a tripod for secure, hands-free operation.
- Adjustable tension puts glide speed exactly where you want it, greatly increasing your control.
- There have been a few complaints that the friction brake doesn’t always perform as it should.
- May require lubrication to get maximum smoothness for sliding.
9. Kamerar SD-1 Mark II Camera Slider
This slider comes with 1/4″ and 3/8″ screw adapters which gives you more versatility in mounting the camera or head and it also has a stop break. Legs are removable and two new balance weight connections on each side makes adding weights an easy task.
- Roller bearings are adjustable for smoother sliding and are resistant to friction.
- legs are adjustable for more creativity in your work no matter what type of surface you set up on.
- Bottom plate is compatible with Arca-Swiss.
- Sled brake knob is plastic and may crack under pressure.
- There is no tension adjustment, the brake is all you have.
8. ePhoto 39 Inch Camera Slider
This slider has self-lubricating rails and the locking knob has a convenient bubble level for perfection every time. Friction bearings are compound and feet are adjustable. Fits a multitude of cameras, and helps put a more professional polish on your videos and stills.
- Sturdy rails are more secure.
- Sliding is smooth and friction free for perfection in either action shots or slow motion.
- Feet are adjustable to your needs, not pre-set at the factory.
- Camera can be difficult to position when attached directly to set block screw, and a separate head is needed for mounting on the block.
- Feet have to be removed to get the full 39″ for the track, but this is tricky because it’s the feet keeping the block on the rails.
7. Fancierstudio Camera Track Slider
At 48″ this slider can handle up to 20-pounds. Tension is adjustable on the ball bearing slides and a versatility on angles offers the opportunity for unique shots you might not otherwise have. Stop break works instantly, and bubble level aids in perfect positioning.
- Legs adjust for uneven surfaces and make different angles easier to achieve.
- Bubble level saves on stress by ensuring you have everything just as you need it with the first try.
- Holes on either end aid in connecting to double tripod for more security.
- Noise may interfere with audio.
- Adjustment bolt on side may not tighten well and plate can become “wobbly.”
6. StudioFX Ball Bearing DSLR Camera Slider
Compatible with 1/4″ mounting, this slider can take up to 15-pounds and provides the kind of stability you need to avoid “wobbly” videos. Versatility allows you to mobilize with any camera and a sturdy carrying case (included) keeps your slider safe during transport.
- Solid, made of durable materials and built to last by craftsmen that take pride in their work.
- Multi-tasking. Works with a variety of equipment such as dslr, jvc or iphone’s.
- Adapters are provided for tripods so you have everything you need to begin using this slider the moment you receive it.
- Tension control knob is rubber, not metal.
- Grip of feet is unreliable and caution is recommended on uneven surfaces.
5. Fancierstudio Camera Track Slider
Total weight of this slider is under 5-pounds but it will hold up to 20-pounds. Compatible with standard ball heads and has pins to lock them in. Plate features adapters so any size head will fit, brake works immediately and a built-in bubble makes leveling easy.
- All metal construction, built for function and durability.
- Friction screw allows for the same ease of movement either level or at an angle.
- Utilizing a bearing system rather than felt pads for ultra smooth slides helps add a professional shine to your videos.
- Transport bag is not very sturdy.
- When slider is in operation, audio picks up on noisy bearings.
4. Imorden 32 Inch Camera Slider
A 32″ length and maximum capacity of 15-pounds makes this slider suitable for most cameras and you can count on it to remain stable with non-skid rubber feet. Adjustable legs are a plus, and chrome plating makes the shaft resistant to rust or corrosion.
- Adjustable legs don’t need a smooth surface to hold their place, any fairly level area will suffice.
- Bubble level makes fine adjustments easy, quick and stress free.
- User-friendly slider comes with a carrying case for safe, and convenient transport.
- Fixed plate doesn’t allow for rotation which makes following the subject tricky.
- Slide smoothness is sometimes undependable.
3. Neewer 24 Inch Camera Slider
This durable slider has no problem with heavy duty cameras or giving you the stability needed for “shake free” shooting. Non-skid rubber feet on adjustable legs add to your shooting options and bearing tension is adjustable to your exact needs.
- Dolly slider allows for clear action shots, or can go slow motion just as easily.
- Designed to help you capture perfect horizontal, vertical or diagonal shots no matter what the position of your camera may be.
- Double interior rail system provides smooth sliding for more control.
- Rust could be a problem if not properly stored in between uses.
- Does not come with a carry bag for safe transport.
2. Konova Camera Slider Dolly K2
This budget model performs as well as more expensive brands and does a good job providing the stability and smoothness required for quality shots. Versatility in mounting is important and a superior design ensures a smooth slide regardless of positioning.
- Built-in stops give you one less thing to worry about so you can concentrate on the shooting, not the equipment.
- Multiple mounting points increase your options.
- Legs are detachable and all fits easily into the carrying bag provided.
- Slider will occasionally jerk in the track which can cause footage to be rough looking and bumpy.
- Customer service is prompt but not always satisfying.
1. Filmcity SL-2 DSLR Camera Slider
Ultra smooth and very versatile, this slider functions quietly and is a favorite among professionals. Teflon bearings give perfect sliding smoothness, and adjustable feet makes leveling on rough surfaces much easier. No need for a large dolly with this slider.
- Self-lubricating rails ensure smooth, quiet operation and with this slider you won’t need to carry unnecessary equipment along.
- Being stable and free from vibration during shooting helps ensure your videos are the best they can be.
- Rubber feet are adjustable and prevent scratches.
- Slider does not always operate as smoothly as it should.
- Some consumers have expressed doubt that the teflon spacers self-lubricate like they are supposed to.
Which Camera Slider Should You Buy?
Of the camera sliders listed above, all serve the same basic purpose and will add the kind of quality to your shoots that make other’s pay attention. One of the most popular is # 7, the Fancierstudio.
At an impressive 48″ and being able to carry 20-pounds worth of equipment, this one is worth considering. There are so many brands to choose from online, information over-load is a real possibility so hopefully, you’ve already found what you need in this post and won’t have to go online searching.
You wouldn’t be looking at sliders if you didn’t need one and though video equipment can get pricey, it’s always worth it.