Mechanics and do-it-yourself warriors alike know the importance of having car jacks that work. Considering that safety is the most important aspect of any jack, you can never be too careful! When you’re under your car, you need to know that your jack has you covered, too.
Car jacks help you raise your car up from its injured state, while you do maintenance underneath. While many traditional mechanic shops have a lift, car jacks are the DIY version, so you can do the job right at home.
This is especially helpful during the winter, when it’s not easy to haul your car for repairs. This can also help in immediate emergencies, such as when your car is stranded.
All jacks are not created equal, however. Some jacks are hydraulic, and come in all sizes and styles. Some jacks come with lifts, or have them built in. They can range from 2 tons and up.
There are a lot of options, which is why we’ve come up with his jack hack list, that way you can jack up your car with confidence. We’ve started with the good ones and saved the best for last. Don’t start your engine just yet, because here’s the scoop on a deep dish of jacks.
Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best automative floor jacks on the market in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. Torin T43002 Jack Stands
- 9. Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack
- 8. 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack with Rapid Pump
- 7. Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack
- 6. Powerbuilt 640912 All-In-One 3-Ton Bottle Jack with Jack Stand
- 5. Torin T83006 SUV Service Jack
- 3. Liftmaster Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack 2 Ton Heavy Duty Car Lift
- 2. Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack
- 1. Torin T10152 Scissor Jack
- Which Automative Floor Jack Should You Buy?
10. Torin T43002 Jack Stands
You want jacks as strong as steel, and that’s perfect for these babies- because they’re made of it. Made of high grade steal, these jacks also have an iron bar for self-locking. In addition, the saddle is large- leaving more room for the crucial support of your vehicle. The base size is 7 11/16 in. x 6 7/8 inches, again leaving you with ample room for working.
- This jack stand is sold in pairs
- The item is sturdy, but light and portable at just 17 lbs
- It’s a best seller, so it’s customer reviewed and approved
- This product comes with a warranty
- There are larger jacks available, for a similar price
- You could find stronger jacks.
9. Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack
Arcan is still the man, because these jacks pull no punches. Weighing in at 56 pounds, these jacks can lift up to three tons. In addition to the added durability of the chassis torsion control, the lift arm is also reinforced.
Also, you can jack up the car quickly with the dual pump pistons, 3.6″ to 19.4″, to be exact. The product measures in at 30 x 13.5 x 8 inches. The overload and bypass valves allow you to make over-extension less of a possibility, because you have more important things to worry about.
- The piston dust shields prevent water contamination.
- This product features more control capabilities
- It’s customer approved, with very good reviews.
- The package only comes with one jack, which kinda cancels out the 3 ton capacity.
- It’s not so portable- weighing in at 56 pounds.
8. 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack with Rapid Pump
Whoever said a jack can’t be compact obviously has never seen the compact racing jack. Racers and weekend warriors aren’t the only folks that can benefit from this jack. With the rapid pump feature, you can get the job done faster than ever before. This is especially useful for time sensitive jobs. This item is USA made and grown, and it weights only 31 pounds.
- Compact and convenient, easy to take on the go
- Well reviewed.Made in the USA, you know that you’re being a patriot on a mission
- They’re a bit flimsier than the top two, which might be inconvenient, depending on your designated use
- You could definitely find a jack more enforced
7. Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack
Mechanics trust this jack because of the safety features, and with jacks, they can never be safe enough! This product has a bypass device, which prevents you from over-lifting the car. There’s also a built in safety value, internal, that adds an extra layer of protection. The jacks are constructed with steel, proving to be a strong and worthy mechanical companion.
- These jacks have a swivel saddle, for optimal movement and convenience
- The rolled side frames allow you an even extra layer of safety and flexibility
- The capacity is 3.5 tons, allowing you to lift even the heaviest vehicle
- You could find a jack with an even bigger saddle
- You need to by two, as this deal doesn’t come in a pair
6. Powerbuilt 640912 All-In-One 3-Ton Bottle Jack with Jack Stand
There’s never been a better two-in-one deal. This baby has the bottle jack AND the jack stand together, in one unit. The safety bar locks in the jack at your desired height, for maximum maintenance efficiency. The range of height is 11 to 21 inches. In addition, this tool is specially designed to exceed the average standards.
- The saddle is wider than your standard jack
- You can also use this for framing and joint work
- This is considered to be one of the most reliable tools, and the customer reviews confirm this.
- SUVs are the optimal vehicle of choice for this particular jack
- It’s a bit smaller than most other jacks, though it’s important to take the two in one capacity into account.
5. Torin T83006 SUV Service Jack
Never get the job out of whack, with this 3 ton jack. This jack is also deigned with high-grade steel, making it another great deal. The large saddle provides you with the support you need, for all car needs.
One special safety feature is the positive locking safety release handle, so you’ll never lose your handle on the job. Also, the integrated overload protection valve keeps you from having a big head.
- Meets both ASME and PALD standards
- Extra safety features
- Sizable- at 26 x 11 x 8 inches
- This jack doesn’t fold, which isn’t convenient on the go.
- Also, it’s heavy- 46.4 pounds
4. Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Aluminum and Steel Garage Jack
Next is this jack-gem, which provides the light weight portability with the durability of the heavier jacks, and it can support just as much of the weight- 3 tons. The lift range is 4 inches to 18-1/4 inches. The quick lifting hydraulic system allows for you to lift with ease, while also staying safe.
- Portable, user friendly jack
- Can be used in a variety of different situations and settings
- Lifts up to 3000 pounds, like the heavier lifts
- The aluminum frame, though light, is not as sturdy as steel
- There is a steel lift arm, but again, this is made with two entirely different metals, which not everyone is comfortable with.
3. Liftmaster Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack 2 Ton Heavy Duty Car Lift
This trolley-hydraulic jack has a 360 degree swivel, allowing you for maximum flexibility on the job. It’s light weight, increasing the portability and movement, to suit all of your needs.
With a wide range of 5 to 13 inches, you can get a good lift, without the heaviness of similar tools. Don’t let the lightness fool you; this baby is reinforced with a heavy steel frame.
- This can last you a lifetime, as it is rust resistant.
- Light-weight and flexible.
- It’s sturdy- reinforced with steel.
- Though it is self described as heavy duty, this jack can only lift up to 2 tons. For a heavier duty car or job, this might not be the best pick.
- It’s also somewhat wide at 17.7 x 7.9 x 5.5 inches.
2. Pro-Lift F-767 Grey Low Profile Floor Jack
This grey jack will have your back on a rainy day. Though it’s a self-describes low-rider, the lift has a wide range of 3-1/2 inches to 14 inches. The bypass device helps you avoid over-pumping, and the safety valve allows for overload protection. The device is constructed with steel. The product is wide, at 17.9 x 5.3 x 8.5 inches
- Extra-low profile, to help you out in the tightest of spots
- Excellent safety features
- Can lift a wide range
- The device is only somewhat portable, clocking in at 30 pounds.
- It’s not rust resistant, like some of the aforementioned products.
1. Torin T10152 Scissor Jack
They say the best is for last, and that’s still the case here. Don’t run with scissors, they say, but this scissor jack will definitely give you a run for your money, and a bang for your buck!
This one has a steel frame and saddle, for added security. This is rust resistant, as well. The base is oversize- at 4 and a half inches! The lift range is huge as well, 3 3/4 inches to 15 3/8 inches.
- Meets ASME PALD standards
- Rust resistant
- Wide saddle AND base
- Made of steel
- Wide lift range
- There really aren’t any!
Which Automative Floor Jack Should You Buy?
Choosing a jack that is strong, safe, and reliable could be one of the most important mechanical choices you’ll make. Now that you have the facts, your decision will be even easier.
After all, you and your car don’t have time to mess around! Though every one of these jacks can get the job one, here’s a summary. Each of these jacks has the good and the bad, but the best bets are as followed:
Beginners would do well with the Torin T43002 Jack Stands, which is elegant and basic in design and no frills. For those who are looking for a heavy duty jack that will get the job done, the Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack will do.
It’s heavy, sturdy, and allows for optimal safety. If you are looking for a quick fix on the go, one that is both compact and portable, go with the 1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack with Rapid Pump, which is also quick on the go.
Perhaps you’re willing to spend a bit more and are looking for a bit of both. If so, the Powerzone 380044 3 Ton Aluminum and Steel Garage Jack is your best bet, or, you can skip the rest and settle on the best- the Torin T10152 Scissor Jack.