If you’re the type of person who doesn’t enjoy the crowded atmosphere of the fitness club scene, you’re not alone. Sometimes a hectic schedule may make it impossible to fit a gym visit in, even if you do enjoy your health club membership.
No matter what your reason for exercising at home, one of the most difficult sets of muscles to workout is your core. Sure, you could invest in a standing abdominal apparatus or a crunch machine, but they take up a lot of space.
They also do not pack well in a suitcase, or duffle bag, so you’re not taking them with you to the gym or on the road when you travel. That is why an abdominal exercise wheel is such a valuable addition to your home fitness equipment.
You can generate a tremendous core workout right from the comfort of your home, or easily pack it away and take it wherever your travels take you.
Below we’ve reviewed the top 10 best ab wheels on the market in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. GoFit Dual Exercise Ab Wheel
- 9. Amazon Core Fitness (ACF) Ab Power Wheel
- 8. ProSource Fitness Dual Ab Wheel
- 7. Flawless Fitness Ab Roller Wheel
- 6. URBNFit Ab Roller Wheel
- 5. P90X Hardcore Ab Wheel
- 4. Yes4All Dual Ab Wheel
- 3. Iron Gym Abdominal Wheel Roller
- 2. Wacces Ab Power Wheel
- 1. Valeo Ab Wheel
- Which Ab Wheel Should You Buy?
10. GoFit Dual Exercise Ab Wheel
The GoFit Dual Exercise Ab Wheel employs sturdy slip-resistant foam grip handles, which immediately supply you with a strong sense of stability.
Double wheel design provides even more stability; helping to prevent accidental side rolling that could cause abdominal strains. It also breaks down into multiple pieces for easy travel.
- Security of slip-resistant handles.
- Breaks into four pieces to easily fit in a suitcase for traveling, or to take with you to the gym.
- Dual wheel design offers comfortable stability while exercising.
- Tread on the wheels works well on carpet, but a little bumpy on hardwood or tile floors.
- Plastic wheels are not as sturdy as some models, so larger people may find the GoFit less appealing than models with larger rubber wheels.
9. Amazon Core Fitness (ACF) Ab Power Wheel
The ACF Ab Power Wheel is one of the more modern designs of all the abdominal wheel products on the market. Has a 5½” wheel that is sturdy enough to provide stability for larger individuals.
The ergonomic handle design is gentle on your wrists, plus allows you to keep a firm grip during full body extension.
- ACE Ab Power Wheel is an Amazon product, the 100% satisfaction guarantee, with a lifetime product warranty.
- Easy assembly, so it can be broken down to fit in any small carry bag.
- Lifetime replacement warranty – Amazon boasts this will be the last Ab roller you ever need to purchase.
- Product comes unassembled and does not have good directions for assembly.
- Difficult to get the handles to lock into the assembly and the product is not safe to use unless the handles lock securely.
8. ProSource Fitness Dual Ab Wheel
The ProSource version of the dual abdominal exercise wheel is one of the least costly brands. It’s a basic wheel and a nice starter model for individuals who are not sure they could benefit, or perform the exercises.
It is adequate for beginners and smaller people, but it is not as sturdy as higher priced versions.
- Inexpensive, so it makes a good starter model Ab wheel for beginners.
- Dual wheels are designed to supply a little better traction than other wheel designs.
- Easy grip handles with finger grooves to get a secure grip.
- Has a tendency to be squeaky and the metal bar got warm after multiple repetitions.
- Materials are only average quality, so the ProSource was not recommended by individuals over 180 pounds.
7. Flawless Fitness Ab Roller Wheel
This is a single wheel design, but as stable as most of the dual wheel configurations. It has a uniquely cool color, with a wide single wheel providing surprising stability.
With a single wheel, the handle and wheel axle design is sturdier, so the Flawless Fitness Ab wheel is more durable and well suited for larger individuals.
- Single wheel design actually is so wide it feels more stable than a dual wheel roller.
- Solid construction with handles that are slightly longer than most models.
- Flashy cool color and design on the handles.
- Some exercisers find the single wheel to roll on them a little. Especially a problem for beginners.
- Bright orange color may not be appealing to everyone.
6. URBNFit Ab Roller Wheel
Interesting read into the acronym used for the name of this Ab roller wheel. URBNFit translates to URBAN, or You Are Bein’ Fit and this sturdy abdominal wheel will do just that.
Dual wheel design helps provide safe stability and the URBNFit Ab Roller Wheel has extra thick padded handles for a firm grip. It has a strong internal shaft and rubber traction wheels making it usable on all surfaces.
- Rubber traction wheels so you won’t slip
- Extra thick padded handles so you can good firm grip, plus they fold flat for easy travel.
- Excellent construction is supported by a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
- Wheel lock has a tendency to not work properly.
- A little more costly than some comparable model Ab rollers.
5. P90X Hardcore Ab Wheel
This Ab wheel offers a great deal of flexibility in exercises since it comes with foot straps. The P90X Hardcore Ab Wheel has a larger wheel for enhanced stability.
By using the foot straps in multiple positions, this Ab wheel can also be used to strengthen lower and upper body muscles. A very well constructed wheel, offering a lot of flexibility.
- Foot strap system allows you to perform many different exercises for both upper and lower body muscles, including flexibility movements.
- Large wheel provides secure stability.
- Wider handgrips to accommodate for the foot straps offer a more intense pectoral stretch.
- The foot straps make the axle distance wider, so beginners may find this model more difficult.
- Much more expensive than the standard Ab wheel only models.
4. Yes4All Dual Ab Wheel
One of the few models of Ab rollers that come in a choice of interesting colors, the Yes4All Dual Ab Wheel comes in four. The dual wheel design does help with stability, however they are thinner than many Ab roller models.
- Easy assembling takes less than one minute on average
- Available in multiple colors: red, blue, black and classic black.
- Weighs less than 2 pounds so convenient to travel with on the road or to the gym.
- Narrow wheel design is less stable than models with a wider wheelbase.
- Handles are not padded, so it can be stressful on your hands.
3. Iron Gym Abdominal Wheel Roller
This is the most uniquely shaped Ab roller model on the market. The Iron Gym Abdominal Wheel Roller has a space-aged wheel design, but it’s the function that sets it apart. It is an extra wide, large rounded single wheel.
The handles are ergonomically positioned to give you a firm and safe grip. This Ab roller allows you to do advanced oblique exercises, since the wheel can roll sideways.
- Ergonomically designed handles for a comfortable grip that does not strain your wrists at any point.
- Uniquely shaped wheel is rounded, so the wheel will allow you to roll side to side as well as back and forth.
- Has an internal coil that increases resistance while you roll out and helps you have more control over the return.
- Unique design is different from any other Ab roller and it might take some time to get used to it.
- The rounded wheel puts a harsher strain on the oblique muscles, so beginners may find the Iron Gym Abdominal Wheel Roller more challenging than conventional Ab rollers.
2. Wacces Ab Power Wheel
The Wacces Ab Power Wheel uses the conventional dual wheel design, but the wheels are a made to prevent skidding on all surfaces.
It has a rubber padded handle with finger grooves to allow you to get a good firm grip. The Wacces Ab Wheel is another that offers color flexibility, with blue, orange, red, white, black, or yellow wheel hubs.
- Extremely affordable for the high level of quality.
- Available in six different color center hubs.
- Grooved handles for finger grip that won’t make your hands tired before your abdominal wears out.
- Has a short handle bar the limits the ability to move your wrists.
- Center plastic hubs are not as sturdy as models that are more expensive, so they have a tendency to crack easier.
1. Valeo Ab Wheel
Valeo introduced their first exercise product to the fitness world in 1988. They have a strong reputation for quality fitness equipment. The Valeo Ab Wheel keeps with that tradition to quality.
It is a durable Ab wheel, with a smooth rolling motion for easy abdominal exercises.
- Solid company reputation for manufacturing quality exercise products spanning nearly 3 decades.
- Easy to assemble since the parts are well-made and they snap together tightly.
- Durable construction, with an easy gliding wheel.
- Grips are not as cushioned as some Ab Wheels, so it can be taxing on your hands.
- It doesn’t come apart as easily as it should, so the ability to travel with this Ab wheel is not as good as some models.
Which Ab Wheel Should You Buy?
These are ten excellent abdominal exercise wheels, each one with some distinctive features that you may find appealing.
If you want to narrow your choice down to one wheel that offers both exceptional quality and exercise flexibility, you can’t go wrong with the Iron Gym Abdominal Wheel Roller. The unique wheel design allows you to do multiple motions from the same starting position.
It is very well constructed for a safe and comfortable workout. The ergonomically position handles are easy on your wrists so you can focus on the intent of your Ab wheel workout, your core.
It has an internal spring for improved resistance at all stages of your core development, so it will be with you from your first series of exercises, until you sculpt your six-pack Abs.